Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Solve the classic 15 Puzzle on your Pre or choose one of the many other puzzle motives.

App at the Homebrew Gallery: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/15-puzzle

Website, Contact, Donations: 15 Puzzle for Palm Pre

Post your highscores here
    Last edited by roar; 08/09/2009 at 01:45 PM.
    The link on the homebrew gallery takes you to the main page. No download.
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    The link on the homebrew gallery takes you to the main page. No download.
    this is so true! come on! get it up there before I leave for work so I have something new to do there

roar, your releases are awesome and this one seems no different. I thank you for the hard work and effort!
  4.    #4  
    I'm sorry I forgot to actually upload the application
    Thanks for the quick feedback
    Hope we get the link fixed soon, can't wait to try this game out!
    I love this App. It's nothing earth-shattering, but gives us a classic "time waster" app, that's great! However, what I really like is that it's pretty easy to add your own puzzles. Create a 300 x 300 jpg file, save it in
    /var/usr/palm/applications/de.umass.15puzzle/images/puzzles
    (in my case, "gkids.jpg")
    then modify this file:
    /var/usr/palm/applications/de.umass.15puzzle/app/model/puzzles.jsjsjs

This is a very short file:
    var PUZZLES = [
    // { name: "Custom", file: "custom.jpg", custom: true},
    { name: "Classic", file: "classic_numbers.jpg" },
    { name: "Polar Bear", file: "eisbaer.jpg" },
    { name: "Clownfish", file: "clownfisch.jpg" },
    { name: "Frogs", file: "froesche.jpg" },
    { name: "Wolf", file: "wolf.jpg" },
    { name: "Bird", file: "vogel.jpg" },
    { name: "Tiger", file: "tiger.jpg" },
    { name: "Leopard", file: "katze.jpg" },
    { name: "Panda Bear", file: "panda.jpg" },
    { name: "Orang-Utan", file: "orangutan.jpg" },
    { name: "Tristen & Kylee", file: "gkids.jpg" },
    ];
    I added the "{ name: "Tristen & Kylee", file: "gkids.jpg" },, the quotes are the name of the "puzzle", and then the file listing. Very simple.
    And this is the result you'll get (of course, your image and name will vary)
    Have fun!!
    -----
    I just noticed, there was a notification alert on the screen. Of course, that's not part of the regular puzzle. It wasn't worth recapturing the screenshots over that, but does show that it's "well behaved" with notifications.
    -----
    Also corrected my information to read 300x300 instead of 320x320, although the 320x320 size still seemed to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hparsons; 08/06/2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Corrected JPG size
  7.    #7  
    @hparsons: that's correct I hope I get around to add the custom image support so you don't have to change the application files manually.
    Also the image is supposed to be sized 300x300px instead of 320x320px but it seems it works out with this size, too
    Worthwhile download, thanks!
    Oh this is GREAT! I used to have the plastic manual versions of this as a kid. I always was good at these.

Can you make it so I can just slide/swipe a piece into the empty slot? That would feel more natural.

Then can you make it so we can dump pictures into a folder on the USB drive and it will use them?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Oh this is GREAT! I used to have the plastic manual versions of this as a kid. I always was good at these.

Can you make it so I can just slide/swipe a piece into the empty slot? That would feel more natural.

Then can you make it so we can dump pictures into a folder on the USB drive and it will use them?
    I used to have the same thing. This brings back so many memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    @hparsons: that's correct I hope I get around to add the custom image support so you don't have to change the application files manually.
    Also the image is supposed to be sized 300x300px instead of 320x320px but it seems it works out with this size, too
    I've corrected what I wrote, interesting that it still worked!

I was really impressed with your code. I'm no programmer, but I've gotten pretty decent at modifying other people's code to do what I wanted. The code for this program was very clean, and very easy to follow (except for the German REM comments, but I suspect your English is much better than my German, so I'm not complaining). It took longer to crop my picture than to figure out how to do it!!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i feel really stupid posting this but the game is not working for me and i am not sure if it is user error or not. How do you get the squares to move? I am putting my finger on the squares and trying to slide to the empty space but it is not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Great app, this will be perfect for my camping trip on Friday.. Works great...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by deafton View Post
    i feel really stupid posting this but the game is not working for me and i am not sure if it is user error or not. How do you get the squares to move? I am putting my finger on the squares and trying to slide to the empty space but it is not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Double Tap the square you want to move.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by deafton View Post
    Don't slide - tap. It's probably more "natural" feeling to try to slide it (since that's what you do in real life), but you stop and think about it, the tap makes sense. The tile can only go one direction - toward the empty spot.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    This is cool -- thanks. Although I'd prefer that the New Game button be moved to the menu, or ask if you are sure first. I've already lost a couple games in progress by accidentally hitting that button while doing some fast tapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    This is cool -- thanks. Although I'd prefer that the New Game button be moved to the menu, or ask if you are sure first. I've already lost a couple games in progress by accidentally hitting that button while doing some fast tapping.
    Was thinking the same thing myself this evening, and having the same exerience. Both need a "are you sure"?
  18.    #18  
    Tip: You can hit "Select Puzzle" to look how the tiles are supposed to look and then go back without starting a new game.
    I'll try to add your other suggestions to the application
    Great lots of fun!!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Cool stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast