Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgeorge36 View Post
    Absolutely love the game, and word whirls as well. I am also having the issues with the game freezing and then losing all my money. Keep up the good work otherwise.
    There are a few bugs in the Police Chase right now. I've been full time on Word Whirl and will be for another couple days. I want to get it ready to release in the App Catalog. After I finish up there, I will work more on this.

Unfortunately, this isn't my day job.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgeorge36 View Post
    Absolutely love the game, and word whirls as well. I am also having the issues with the game freezing and then losing all my money. Keep up the good work otherwise.
    I'm getting this too. Great game though and thanks for all the work on it.
    Hi, It would be great to prepopulate the amount field on the bank and shark screens as follows
    Bank:
    1. Prepopulate with the amount I have coz most of the time I want to deposit the whole thing
    2. If I have zero, prepopulate with amount in bank
    Shark
    1. Prepopulate with the amount I have coz most of the time I would like to return it all asap

Maybe we can have a little x button that will reset the field quickly if we need other amounts.

Other than that, I just love this game! Thank you so much
    hey just noticed max button for bank deposits. that does save on typing a lot of numbers! thanks.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I wanted to add that I started noticing a severe lag in DopeWars as the game progresses (25+ days)... Almost to the point of it hanging for 30 seconds.

Are there any updates planned?
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I wanted to add that I started noticing a severe lag in DopeWars as the game progresses (25+ days)... Almost to the point of it hanging for 30 seconds.

Are there any updates planned?
    Updates are planned when I get Word Whirl into the App Catalog. Since Palm contacted me about that app, I've been working hard to get it ready.

I'll put up some earlier versions without save that are more stable for download.
  7.    #167  
    I've uploaded the last many versions:

Index of /dwnlds

I'm pretty sure the best will be a 0.5.x, just before 0.5.6, but I put up a bunch, because I haven't had time to go back through them. Still pushing hard on Word Whirl. Hopefully this will give non-locking up play for those that want some more Dope Wars, until I can get back to it.

Good news is I've learned a bunch on Word Whirl and will probably need to do a bit of a rewrite.

It told me.
    High score at Dope Wars for me

Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I've uploaded the last many versions:

Index of /dwnlds

I'm pretty sure the best will be a 0.5.x, just before 0.5.6, but I put up a bunch, because I haven't had time to go back through them. Still pushing hard on Word Whirl. Hopefully this will give non-locking up play for those that want some more Dope Wars, until I can get back to it.

Good news is I've learned a bunch on Word Whirl and will probably need to do a bit of a rewrite.
    THANKYOU for posting up the earlier versions of dopewars. I've been looking back in the previous versions and, for my pre, the best version is 0.5.3 in regards to stability. This version does have the bug were you can continue after you die, the bug where the continue button is not enabled if you have a game still in process when you shut down the app, and the bug where you can travel to the place where you are currently at. Also the cops are tougher to shoot out (I.E. you will die more often than in more newer versions).

hopefully you can use this version as a reference point and compare the differences between 0.5.3 and 0.5.6 and see where the issue is (possibly a logic loop gone horribly wrong?)

I hope this helps you and I anxiously wait for the newest version.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hey, Youve done a great job with DopeWars so far its probly my favorite app so far for the pre thanks. I was just wondering if you had any idea when you would start working on it again. I'm not trying to rush you because i know your busy working on your word whirl app which is also a fun app Thanks again and keep up the good work.
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickOrsak View Post
    Hey, Youve done a great job with DopeWars so far its probly my favorite app so far for the pre thanks. I was just wondering if you had any idea when you would start working on it again. I'm not trying to rush you because i know your busy working on your word whirl app which is also a fun app Thanks again and keep up the good work.
    I've been doing day job from 8am-6pm and WebOS from 7pm-2am and repeat. So I'm taking a day or two off.

I'll do a little more work on it this weekend, unless I get any updates required from the versions of Word Whirl I submitted.

There are certain clauses in the agreement with Palm that I need to review before determining if I can put Dope Wars into the catalog. Otherwise, I will get it stable and leave it at that.

It told me.
    This is probably the thing i play most, i like word whirl, i play it second... pretty please all i want is the high score option to work.

Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by x3rx3s View Post
    This is probably the thing i play most, i like word whirl, i play it second... pretty please all i want is the high score option to work.

Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.
    +1

I play this game the most on my Pre.
    This game definitely brings me back... I played it on PalmOS & WinMo & this is the best version! I'm re-addicted! Thank you!!!

I'm having the same issues as others, regarding police chases & losing money. I'd also love the high score function so that I can make my cronies jealous.

Cheers!
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I also encourage further development here
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Been waiting patiently.

I miss playing Dope Wars.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    Been waiting patiently.

I miss playing Dope Wars.
    Download 0.5.3 from the link I posted earlier in the thread and play on. This weekend was replaced with brake work, tranny work, and AC on one car, oil on another, and complete brakes on a third relatives vehicle. I would have rather been programming than that.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Download 0.5.3 from the link I posted earlier in the thread and play on. This weekend was replaced with brake work, tranny work, and AC on one car, oil on another, and complete brakes on a third relatives vehicle. I would have rather been programming than that.
    i disagree lol but then again my day job is cars and my night job is programming for my computer engineering degree at purdue, lol. I would rather work on a car great app man, this has been my favorite game for forever, and my girlfriend is in love with word whirl. I kinda hate ya for that i never get my phone back :P lol, jk man good job.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    i disagree lol but then again my day job is cars and my night job is programming for my computer engineering degree at purdue, lol. I would rather work on a car great app man, this has been my favorite game for forever, and my girlfriend is in love with word whirl. I kinda hate ya for that i never get my phone back :P lol, jk man good job.
    I guess it was good to do something with my hands other than typing on the keyboard, when I think about it. Although with as much work as I've been doing on vehicles the last year, I'm seriously debating getting a mid-height scissor lift. It would make things a bunch easier.

It told me.
    Haha yeah I know exactly what you are saying. Hey at least its better to get it done now before the winter season start, that is if you live in a place where winter will affect you lol.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast