Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    i agree.
    I used to love playing this game when I had a pocket pc, thanks!
    It seems like the best thing to do (since everyone seems so split on how the game should be) would be to have an easy and hard difficulty. Easy with access to banks and loan sharks in every location and higher fluctuations and hard with limited access and a more realistic fluctuation.

Of course that's easy for me to say since I'm not the one developing the game. The games great though. This would be the only game app I would actually pay for when it's all done.
    i would like to see a number of days variable available in the configuration. or maybe a more long term game. i get through a game pretty quick, a running game that i can play 5 min at a time would be an interesting twist on an old classic. and the perhaps an online leader board??
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwik0528 View Post
    It seems like the best thing to do (since everyone seems so split on how the game should be) would be to have an easy and hard difficulty. Easy with access to banks and loan sharks in every location and higher fluctuations and hard with limited access and a more realistic fluctuation.
    That is currently my plan. Preferences is the only answer when the users are split. This complicates high score, as they should be based on these settings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    i would like to see a number of days variable available in the configuration. or maybe a more long term game. i get through a game pretty quick, a running game that i can play 5 min at a time would be an interesting twist on an old classic. and the perhaps an online leader board??
    Planning on 30,60,90,Unlimited game options.

I'm trying to figure out how to secure the code for an online leader board. It would currently be pretty easy to modify the app data and load the app back on your Pre to give the drugs crazy easy prices and get bogus high scores posted to the online leader board. I have some ideas on how to get around this. It will be a little while.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    For those who enjoyed this game i think it would be a nice gesture to send a few bucks Sachers way. He put a LOT of time into this game

This game is hella fun!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    At the end of every turn, dump all my money in the bank. If I lose my drugs to the PoPo, I lose no cash. And my money gains interest.

If there is something to buy, I withdrawal all and buy it, then deposit the balance. Repeat.
    yup, that's basically my strategy, except for once i make the deposit, i take out 3,000 right away for upgrades and/or gun. also borrowing from the shark at the very beginning, investing it on the best drug, then paying the shark off right away.
    yes, i would definitely love to see variable days (30,60,90, etc.) and high score board. as for everything else, i think it's perfect! keep up the great work!!
    I know it was mentioned a few pages ago, and didn't know if you had tried to fix the resurrection bug, but I was still getting it. (the one where you die, then use back gestures to the main screen, then continue the game with your money still in the bank, but no cash or drugs.

I've also noticed that sometimes the bust/flood messages don't stay on the screen after some events, and after the game is exited and then continued. I'm sorry I don't remember the specifics of the events.

Last thing. I think I had an instance when I found some coke on a bum, then the game thought that I had bought it for a certain price and was giving me a red indication on the sell box. I think that I bought some coke in addition to finding some after, and the game thought I had bought the whole lot instead of just the one or two I actually did buy.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiilljoy View Post
    I know it was mentioned a few pages ago, and didn't know if you had tried to fix the resurrection bug, but I was still getting it. (the one where you die, then use back gestures to the main screen, then continue the game with your money still in the bank, but no cash or drugs.
    I've left this in place, until I rework the Health system, so people can continue playing if they want. I'm working on High Score and Saving before I tackle that.

I've also noticed that sometimes the bust/flood messages don't stay on the screen after some events, and after the game is exited and then continued. I'm sorry I don't remember the specifics of the events.
    Hadn't thought about that. I push the events to the screen and they are gone. A resume wouldn't repaint them. I'll have to think about this. Not clear the display events until the next turn, but clear the already done immediate events.

Last thing. I think I had an instance when I found some coke on a bum, then the game thought that I had bought it for a certain price and was giving me a red indication on the sell box. I think that I bought some coke in addition to finding some after, and the game thought I had bought the whole lot instead of just the one or two I actually did buy.
    I way it should work is give those found to you for free, so the avgCost would be $0. If you buy some the avgCost would be a little less than the price you paid, (qtyBought * Price) / (qtyFound + qtyBought). I'll see if I can reproduce this.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    much needed app for the pre... iphone people can only play candy wars
    Candy Wars? LOL That's HELLA funny!
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I way it should work is give those found to you for free, so the avgCost would be $0. If you buy some the avgCost would be a little less than the price you paid, (qtyBought * Price) / (qtyFound + qtyBought). I'll see if I can reproduce this.
    Found this one. Fixed in the current release.

This was quite a bit of code changing. Please give it a run through for me an see if you have any problems.

Dope Wars can now Save and Restore. Wooo! Yeah!

Let me know how it works for you. And post any bugs you find.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I downloaded the latest update and there is some bug when you encounter police. The phone lags very bad and will not respond for ~15-20 sec. I ran into this twice both times after encountering and trying to fight the police. The second time this happened, when the system came to it said I got away but then I looked and I had no money and none of the drugs I bought. I would expect that if they caught me but it never said. Just thought I would bring it to your attention. Other wise I love the game, keep up the great work!!
    Just encountered my first bug! :

And it's stuck there! had to close app and open it again.
  14.    #134  
    Looks like I broke something in Police. The second bug is the known dialog issue that I have been trying to fix with delays.
  15.    #135  
    Just put up 0.5.5, hoping to fix the Police Issue. Does this work better?

It told me.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    When I get some free time I will try out the new version and let you know. Thanks for the fast turn around on fixes.

Edit: Just encountered the police...shot at them they ducked and I got away. No lag!! Looks good so far. THANKS!

2nd Edit: emm just encountered the police again and there was a 10 sec lag, not exactly sure what the difference was?? Also whatever money I had was gone, all I had left was my drugs.
    Last edited by catallah; 08/16/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    It still seems to freeze when the police arrive. It seems like it eventually works, but it might take 10-20 seconds.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Just encountered my first bug! :

And it's stuck there! had to close app and open it again.
    I just got this too after upgrading to 0.5.5. I was first prompted to buy a weapon. I did then this popped up. I couldn't get hit sure or no thanks. Only thing that "fixed" it was closing and reopening the app. After reopening I was prompted to upgrade my pockets. Perhaps there's a bug when there are two events to upgrade?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Just put up 0.5.5, hoping to fix the Police Issue. Does this work better?
    no. it still freezes, but now it seems to stay frozen! whatever change you made to the police, change it back to pre v5.4!
  20.    #140  
    OK, I took out the delay in the Police game engine. The negative is that if the outcome is the same it will look like nothing changed. For example, if you run and they still chase, and it happens again, it will look like nothing changes.

I'll look into redoing the Police to work better with the save.

It told me.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast