Fun game to play thanks for your time.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    much needed app for the pre... Iphone people can only play candy wars
    haaaa
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    sorry, noob here. how do you update homebrew apps? i tried the update on pre but it says "no update available:. btw, really love this game. kept me company on my midnite shift, lol..
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunjer View Post
    sorry, noob here. how do you update homebrew apps? i tried the update on pre but it says "no update available:. btw, really love this game. kept me company on my midnite shift, lol..
    not sure but i think you just have to check every so often to see if the version is updated.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    AWESOME GAME, wicked addicting. just wondering, is this a battery-sucker, or do i just lose track of time way to easily playing this? =P

seriously though, does it kill a lot of battery?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I personally like that the bank is everywhere. In real life, a bank isn't just in the Bronx. I can go to an atm pretty much everywhere.

Please don't change it.

If you add health, maybe make that available in select locations only.

On another note, I have yet to win a shootout with the cops. Does each level of weapon give you better odds? Programatically, what are the odds of winning the shoot out?
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunjer View Post
    There is nothing yet to tell you there are updates. I put the version number on the home screen so it is easy to compare to the Homebrew Gallery and see if you need to update. The easiest way to update is to load File Coaster and install directly from there.

Quote Originally Posted by natequeen View Post
    AWESOME GAME, wicked addicting. just wondering, is this a battery-sucker, or do i just lose track of time way to easily playing this? =P
    Most of the game is at an idle state, as far as things to do. Either your signal is weak where you are playing, or it is just having the Pre on for so long that is draining the battery. I don't use any services with any of the radios, which are the major power draw.

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I personally like that the bank is everywhere. In real life, a bank isn't just in the Bronx. I can go to an atm pretty much everywhere.

Please don't change it.
    I think I might just only allow the Loan Shark at one location. But I'll continue to think on it.

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    On another note, I have yet to win a shootout with the cops. Does each level of weapon give you better odds? Programatically, what are the odds of winning the shoot out?
    The better the weapon, the more likely you win the shoot out. Right now, power is set to 1,2,4,7 for junk through Uzi.

Escape = power.
    Death = 9 - power
    Miss = 5

Take rand int from 0-14. 0-5 Miss, Then Escape, Then Death is balance.

Chance of Death = (9 - power)/14

Hope that makes sense. I'm happy with the price generation and event generation calculations after the last rework. I'm not satisfied with the Run Away and Fight algorithms right now. These will eventually be reworked when I create the health based system.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  8.    #108  
    Thanks to those few who chose to donate. While the monitary value of the donations isn't high (almost enough for lunch), I appreciate the gesture. I did not foresee a game as complete as I am making this when I started. While I knew the initial App Request with the statement of only taking "30 minutes" was WAY optimistic, I didn't realize how much time I would be sinking into this. It has been a great learning experience for WebOS and UI design for the Pre screen.

I most likely wouldn't have developed it this far, without seeing that people are enjoying it. So thanks for the ideas, suggestions and just comments that you like playing it.

The next update will be a little while off. I'm working on Word Whirl (Text Twist Clone) for a little bit, and learning DB and Depot storage on a smaller initial app. This will allow me to think about how I want to store game state and high scores. In other words, the blazing update rate I've been doing will slow down somewhat.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    it might just be my pre or some other app doing it, otherwise this things perfect, if it gets better thats just icing on the cake. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I think I might just only allow the Loan Shark at one location. But I'll continue to think on it.
    Hmm, how about a sort of compromise, where the Loan Shark and Bank are only in one location, but you have an ATM at the other locations? You could limit daily withdrawals from an ATM to, say, 20% of your total balance, and not allow deposits - so it's just useful for "quick cash" and not a full-service replacement for the Bank. Hell, you could even charge a "fee" of say, 5% per ATM withdrawal, to make it even more realistic...

--John

P.S. Great job so far - I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Dope Wars was at least part of the reason I bought Classic...
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Hmm, how about a sort of compromise, where the Loan Shark and Bank are only in one location, but you have an ATM at the other locations? You could limit daily withdrawals from an ATM to, say, 20% of your total balance, and not allow deposits - so it's just useful for "quick cash" and not a full-service replacement for the Bank. Hell, you could even charge a "fee" of say, 5% per ATM withdrawal, to make it even more realistic...
    Only problem with realism is my ATM limits cash at $2-400. Can't really withdrawal $1.6M.

P.S. Great job so far - I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Dope Wars was at least part of the reason I bought Classic...
    I thought about it, but just wrote this instead.

It told me.
    Is there something wrong I can't click on high scores and configure?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Dope Wars was at least part of the reason I bought Classic...
    Yeah me too...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    couple things... ive played this game in many incarnations on lots of different devices. The cocaine prices were made too high in the latest update. They should flux between 15k-35k. Also, the amount of money you can borrow from thebank should increase depending on the amount of money you already have. The bank and the loan shark should definitely be available in all locations. The whole point of having the access to them everywhere is so that you can deposit/withdraw whenever you want, or borrow the same way. other than that, the game is great. but again, the cocaine prices are way too high and dont flux enough.. really takes away from the fun of the game. It has become nearly impossible in the latest build to accumulate any significant amount of money.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    Is there something wrong I can't click on high scores and configure?
    They look disabled because they are. I will be implementing them soon.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    couple things... ive played this game in many incarnations on lots of different devices. The cocaine prices were made too high in the latest update. They should flux between 15k-35k. Also, the amount of money you can borrow from thebank should increase depending on the amount of money you already have. The bank and the loan shark should definitely be available in all locations. The whole point of having the access to them everywhere is so that you can deposit/withdraw whenever you want, or borrow the same way. other than that, the game is great. but again, the cocaine prices are way too high and dont flux enough.. really takes away from the fun of the game. It has become nearly impossible in the latest build to accumulate any significant amount of money.
    in terms of significant amount; i pretty much rely on the cocaine's wild ride to make an average of 30-60 mil. i'm trying for 75 mil for personal best, lol.
    i agree that in the latest iteration, coke prices are a bit on the high side. previously, coke busts were too frequent, this time around i'm lucky to get 2 per game.
    prices are perfect I would leave them as is. If you time the coke,crack and PCP you will make money! If only life was so simple
    Don't make bank or loan shark available in all locations. There's a strategic element involved with how much cash you carry with you and when you go back to pay back the loan shark. Additionally, you're making the game much too easy to give people such easy access to money whenever the market gets flooded with coke.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    Don't make bank or loan shark available in all locations. There's a strategic element involved with how much cash you carry with you and when you go back to pay back the loan shark. Additionally, you're making the game much too easy to give people such easy access to money whenever the market gets flooded with coke.
    That is the problem, balancing fun with difficulty. If you can make 60 million in 60 days, the game is probably too easy, IMHO. This is part of why I don't think I'll increase the Loan Shark amount. Once you are talking millions, 20k doesn't mean much. However, I do think instant access to bank IS a problem. Here is the issue:

At the end of every turn, dump all my money in the bank. If I lose my drugs to the PoPo, I lose no cash. And my money gains interest.

If there is something to buy, I withdrawal all and buy it, then deposit the balance. Repeat.

If there is one location, you have to balance the reward possible of buying a flood coke with the risk of loosing 500k if you are caught with 1 mil in cash.

I think I will have options to make the game easier, but the default and High Score logging games will be a little harder.

It told me.