Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I will donate as much as I can right now. Best homebrew app available! With the updates it's reminding me more and more of the original I loved years ago.

BTW - I'd love to see some images for certain events in the game. Like I remember a version of the original that had Bioshock type retro vector images of a 'criminal being chased by a policeman' when a cop was after you... etc. A little eye candy can go a long way with a great text based game like this.
    I agree some photos would be nice. I would also like the game to be longer. If that is a future update I would gladly donate to you. This is a great app. Keep up the good work.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    I don't think this was pointed out anywhere, but I found a bug myself...with the newest version (0.5.1)

When the cops bust you and take half your cash and all of your drugs, and then in the same turn/day you get a notification that you have found some drugs, you don't receive them.

I'm not sure which way it is supposed to be, or if it is planned like this, but you are notified that the cops take your drugs, and THEN you find some more, and so it seems you should possess the few you found, correct? Because this isn't the case.

Other than that, this is a greatt game!!
    I should probably reorder how they are painted. The bug is with the order of display. You would have received the drugs before the Police found you (traveling TO the location on the subway.) The operation is how I would expect. I'll look into how to make it clearer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbklyny View Post
    I will donate as much as I can right now. Best homebrew app available! With the updates it's reminding me more and more of the original I loved years ago.

BTW - I'd love to see some images for certain events in the game. Like I remember a version of the original that had Bioshock type retro vector images of a 'criminal being chased by a policeman' when a cop was after you... etc. A little eye candy can go a long way with a great text based game like this.
    If you have a link to that version, I'd like to take a look. I haven't seen that one. I'm working on some vector art, but don't have great ideas for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    I agree some photos would be nice. I would also like the game to be longer. If that is a future update I would gladly donate to you. This is a great app. Keep up the good work.
    I will allow a preference for 30-60-90 games (those will high score) or unlimited. I'm not opening that up until I have the game saving done. Don't want people to play for an hour and lose the game if they accidentally close.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Everytime I paste the ipk in filecoaster it says downloading...then shuts down my phone! Help! Thanks!!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by technicolor_girl View Post
    Everytime I paste the ipk in filecoaster it says downloading...then shuts down my phone! Help! Thanks!!
    Update file coaster to 1.1 and just install from the Homebrew list. You should not have to paste links anymore from a PreCentral.net hosted App. You just click on the app and click to install, just like the real App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    cool but why do the prices and drugs change for every version of dope wars I have... meh, I relearn this pricing scheme as well
    Maybe some images for the drugs and like pic cutscene for when you get robbed or arrested.

Great app, keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I have two suggestions.

On the buy/sell screen, you have to grab the slider and slide it down to what amount you want. Why not make it where you can touch anywhere on the scale, and the slider will jump to that point?

Also on the buy/sell screen, the + and - buttons work with single click, but what about being able to press and hold them to keep to total decreasing/increasing?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    On the buy/sell screen, you have to grab the slider and slide it down to what amount you want. Why not make it where you can touch anywhere on the scale, and the slider will jump to that point?
    I'm not sure if this is possible with the slider widget. I'll look at it.

Also on the buy/sell screen, the + and - buttons work with single click, but what about being able to press and hold them to keep to total decreasing/increasing?
    I agree with this one. I had thought about it, but didn't put it into the todos. It is added now.

It told me.
    8,600,000 is my high score!

Would like if the upgraging pickets would be in larger increments then 20
    42million I got!

What an awesome game, spent 2 hours at DMV with this
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Great game! Thanks! It's been years since I played the original. This version gives you so much more potential with much more availability of the bank & shark. Maybe a bit easier since classic only allowed one shot to withdraw/borrow cash without knowing the prices at that stop. Plus 60 days is much more time to operate.

I got killed the 1st time, and over $54M the 2nd time
  13.    #93  
    I'm thinking that the Bank and Shark access everywhere it a little too easy. I'm planning on limiting those to the Bronx. Forces you too keep a little spending money on hand.

I have Historical Price Graphing working on the Stats screen, but only for the current game. Now working on the storage parts to save games and last 60 days of drug prices.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Another idea: On the calculator for entering amount to deposit/withdrawal/borrow/repay, how about multiplier buttons? Something like

[000] [000,000]

8,000 would be entered at [8] [000] instead of [8] [0] [0] [0].
    5 million would be entered as [5] [000,000] instead of [5] [0] [0] [0] [0] [0] [0].

It will make deposits to the bank at later stages of the game quicker. I hope I explained that sufficiently.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    One more thing:

I had progressed from junk pistol, to glock, to shotgun, to uzi. I got busted by the cops and the dialog said they "took your uzi". Shouldn't still have a shotgun then? I had nothing and had to start over at junk pistol. If this is the desired action the dialog needs to be changed to "took all your guns".
  16.    #96  
    New Release is up: 0.5.3

The main addition to this version is the Historical Price Graph on the Drug Stats scene. I also modified the order events fire so that required choices are at the end.

Another idea: On the calculator for entering amount to deposit/withdrawal/borrow/repay, how about multiplier buttons?
    That makes sense. I'll put a ToDo for when I do a final design of that screen.

I had progressed from junk pistol, to glock, to shotgun, to uzi. I got busted by the cops and the dialog said they "took your uzi". Shouldn't still have a shotgun then? I had nothing and had to start over at junk pistol. If this is the desired action the dialog needs to be changed to "took all your guns".
    The idea is upgrading gun so when you buy the next one, it is the only one you have. I'll change wording in the buy dialogs after the Junk Pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It told me.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    That makes sense now. Thanks for taking my input!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    15 million mark...lol.......
    Should the history really include previous games as well? Seems to me like it'd be too easy that way to figure out when to buy and sell. Or maybe an option to turn off the stats entirely to make it harder.
    Hey man! I just wanted to thank you for this sleek app. I really like what you've done with this classic! It's been years and years since I played the original.

I think my high is 54 mil? Gotta love those coke busts!

Keep up the great work.