Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Some were telling me that the bug fix for the N/A Ecstasy didn't make it. So I added my random drugs on the subway and incremented to 0.4.9. I'm getting issues with FileCoaster to load the Home Brew list. I'll be manually downloading and installing to verify what I put up to the Gallery.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thanks for updating so soon, but you really should take the day off.

There's only one bug I've run into. When you find something on the bum in the subway and you have no pockets left, it adds the given drug (e.g. 161/160)
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Found a bug w/ 0.49 (loaded fine from filecoaster btw)

I had 899k; cop, tried to runaway, but it was still after me.. so I fought. eventually the cop killed me, and it ended the game with $0 money.

went back to the last menu, and my options were new or continue.. continuing started me on that day (day 22) but with 0 everything.
    -mark
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Found a bug w/ 0.49 (loaded fine from filecoaster btw)

I had 899k; cop, tried to runaway, but it was still after me.. so I fought. eventually the cop killed me, and it ended the game with $0 money.

went back to the last menu, and my options were new or continue.. continuing started me on that day (day 22) but with 0 everything.
    -mark
    That is listed in the Known Issues.

It told me.
    0.4.9 has an issue where if your pockets are full and you find something, it'll give you the message that it found something you can't pick up and you had to leave it. But, if you go to your inventory, you'll have it anyway. (I had 183/180 slots filled).
  6.    #66  
    Thanks, jhoff80 and dustiq. Fixed that. I was hoping to get out a bug free version to allow me to work on bigger features. Oh, well. Disadvantage of working fast with no QA department.

Currently working on the Reg/Green buy sell queues for the Trade screen.

It told me.
  7.    #67  
    I've reworked the Trade button styles. It looks much more like I envisioned now. Got the Stats, Buy, Sell headers there. Added in the Red/Green helper for Selling. I decided that the Red/Green for buying makes things a little too easy, so I didn't develop that.

Working on the drug stats scene and reworking the location menu for jetting now. Ver 0.5.0 will be a cool release. I'll probably be sending this out to the Alpha testers to bang on once I finish, so I don't get into the bug chasing releases I did earlier today.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redroosterfarm View Post
    No issues, but..... why drugs?
    Dope Wars is the original game - the classic from years ago. The author has been an amazing job porting it over.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for writing this for the WebOS... I played this years ago on my old Palm and it's so much better now. You've done a superb job! I've probably spent 4 hours today playing it. Thank you again!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Bad a s s app!!! Im hooked and cant wait for 5.0 version. Your doing great and ill continue to give as much feedback as i can!!!

Keep it up, your a rock star!!!!
    The Wams
  11.    #71  
    Well, 0.5.0 is up in the App Gallery. Sorry about the many versions, but I've been doing a bunch of coding during the preDevCamp (of just me here in Indianapolis).

I've turned on the Stats scene, but there is much more to be done there. Also changed the Location menu to be much more WebOS style with a SubMenu.

Hopefully, this is a fairly bug free release. Please let me know if you find anything.

It told me.
    Wow! Great improvement! I had just downloaded 0.4.9 and then I noticed another update was out and it's the best yet great job!
    Only issue I have right now is that it's too short! I feel that just when I'm getting the hang of the markets it ends abruptly! Other than that great update, keep up the good work.
    My new fav game. Ready for the future of it.
    Make levels. And give me a crew. I wouldn't be on the street with a pocket full of drugs by myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    My new fav game. Ready for the future of it.
    Make levels. And give me a crew. I wouldn't be on the street with a pocket full of drugs by myself.
    That's what I'm talking about! That would definetly add some more life to the game (and length, lol)
  16.    #76  
    Only found two minor bugs so far with 0.5.0:

- When Drugs you hold are unavailable, the single average cost displays in the Drugs: field, rather than the total of avgCost * Count
    - When loosing drugs from police, the red/green hints are not cleared until you jet.

It told me.
    Excellent job porting this to the Pre. It is as addicting, if not more so, than the older versions.

A couple of things I'd love to see:
    1. Variable length (15, 30, 60, 90, 120 days)
    2. A graph or chart of the long-term prices of drugs (that doesn't reset each time you start a new game)
    3. The option to save your game and close the app

Thanks so much for your work.
  18.    #78  
    Just put up 0.5.1. Very small change, just fixes for the bugs I noted in a couple posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by macmanasb View Post
    A couple of things I'd love to see:
    1. Variable length (15, 30, 60, 90, 120 days)
    3. The option to save your game and close the app
    These are both in the works. I've been getting my data formats pretty solid before I make the save functionality. I think we are about there.

Quote Originally Posted by macmanasb View Post
    2. A graph or chart of the long-term prices of drugs (that doesn't reset each time you start a new game)
    I have plans similar to this in the Drug stats screen. I'm thinking about a 30 day history that would include the last 29 days if the previous game when you start. The graph would be normal for normal prices with just plotted points for flood/bust outliers.

It told me.
    Nice! Looking forward to it.
    I don't think this was pointed out anywhere, but I found a bug myself...with the newest version (0.5.1)

When the cops bust you and take half your cash and all of your drugs, and then in the same turn/day you get a notification that you have found some drugs, you don't receive them.

I'm not sure which way it is supposed to be, or if it is planned like this, but you are notified that the cops take your drugs, and THEN you find some more, and so it seems you should possess the few you found, correct? Because this isn't the case.

Other than that, this is a greatt game!!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast