Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Had it freeze up on me just now after jetting. Back gesture would bring me into card view.

Edit: Just so there is no confusion, this was in 0.4.0

Was a dialog up or just normal display?

Edit: My response now looks stupid. Obviously the software at work was blocking the image you uploaded.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/07/2009 at 07:10 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Loving the update so far. One thing I have noticed is I'm being offered to buy pockets a lot less frequently now. After 600 days I only got up to 200 pockets, and that was with purchasing them at every offer. I believe the last game I played in 0.4.0 I got up to 600 pockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Was a dialog up or just normal display?
    Right after I had jetted the dialog in the picture showed up, but with no text inside of it as it shows in the pic. Clicking on any of the 2 buttons did nothing.
  4.    #44  
    Right after I had jetted the dialog in the picture showed up, but with no text inside of it as it shows in the pic. Clicking on any of the 2 buttons did nothing.
    Thanks. I'm going to generate a tiny basic app that replicates this dialog bug I'm been fighting and submit to Palm. I still haven't heard how to fix it. I might have to convert my dialogs to scenes.

Currently, I have a delay to let the dialog clean up. I increased that from 1 to 1.2 seconds with 0.4.5, to try to reduce it.

Loving the update so far. One thing I have noticed is I'm being offered to buy pockets a lot less frequently now. After 600 days I only got up to 200 pockets, and that was with purchasing them at every offer. I believe the last game I played in 0.4.0 I got up to 600 pockets.
    I reworked the chances a little. Initially there is a 20% chance of getting pockets. Each time you get them, the chance goes down 2%. If the game ran forever, you could only get to 300 pockets (if my math is right.) I also had a bug for a while that INCREASED the chance. Eventually you were getting an offer every turn. I don't think that made it to a live release.

It told me.
    You can pay back more money than you have, in the current version.

And maybe always being able to borrow up to 50,000 might make it too easy. Maybe if you already have a debt, you can't borrow more or something?

Finally, "market flooded with ..." should mean that things go much cheaper... just got "market flooded with PCP" and the price was $350... and then when I went to the next place, it was $200.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 08/07/2009 at 12:12 PM.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can pay back more money than you have, in the current version.

And maybe always being able to borrow up to 50,000 might make it too easy. Maybe if you already have a debt, you can't borrow more or something?

Finally, "market flooded with ..." should mean that things go much cheaper... just got "market flooded with PCP" and the price was $350... and then when I went to the next place, it was $200.
    This first one if a new bug, I'll look into that. The flood issue is a current bug in the pricing logic that I will be recoding this weekend. I'm not sure what is causing it right now.

It told me.
    First - thanks so much! I love this game. On my black and white Sony Clie, it was responsible for many many wasted hours during my college career. I can't explain why it's so addictive, it just is. Thanks for bringing it to the Pre.

Second - have you thought about the possability of putting the "Trade" screen content below the main stats screen? To me, the action of scrolling down seems more natural / quick than the action of switching to a new screen. Just my $0.02.

Thanks again for a great game.
    I found a new bug. When you die from getting shot by the police, you can continue where you left off. If you swipe back, it brings you to the opening screen, then press the continue button. Not sure if this was suppost to be part of the game.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by atourgates View Post
    Second - have you thought about the possability of putting the "Trade" screen content below the main stats screen? To me, the action of scrolling down seems more natural / quick than the action of switching to a new screen. Just my $0.02.
    What do others think of this? Is scrolling to list down below the news easier?

Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    I found a new bug. When you die from getting shot by the police, you can continue where you left off. If you swipe back, it brings you to the opening screen, then press the continue button. Not sure if this was suppost to be part of the game.
    Ah, good one. Just did the game clear based on end of days. I'll add that to the list. Although it makes game play easier.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    How do you borrow money? Ive never seen that option, plus does it only go to 60 days or am I doing it wrong?
    Maybe you should make the continue after you die an option for those who want to practice or whatnot. However the number of times died should show up in high scores.
    One more tiny little thing- Withdrawal has two a's in it.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    One more tiny little thing- Withdrawal has two a's in it.
    Eclipse doesn't have a spell checker. And guess what I suck at?

It told me.
    I used to run into this same problem ALL THE TIME.

Solution? An eclipse spell checker plugin.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=sacherjj;1811336]What do others think of this? Is scrolling to list down below the news easier?

+100 ON THE SCROLLING OPTION, I THINK THAT WOULD BE IDEAL!!!!!
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    let me first say: thank you for building this app, it is very nostalgic to the old TI-BASIC apps on TI-86 and 83 in HS.

let me also say that "ecstacy" is spelled ecstasy :/

little shocked nobody mentioned it yet
  17.    #57  
    New version is up (0.4.8).

There is no to functionality for game play, but the back end has had quite a rewrite. It is much simpler and more configurable for chances of bust/flood/not avail. This should address all the bugs of prices being unexpected during events.

I added news to show when things are not available and adjusted pricing a little.

Let me know what you all think.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm excited.

Everything else looks like it's covered in your update path.

I had an empty un-exitable dialog again last night except this time instead of two options it had every option.

I'd post an image but I don't have enough posts.

Edit:

Whoa, what happened to the prices? Why're they so high? PCP at like 11K shrooms at 1500, LSD at 3000. I also start with 1 Ecstasy and it's always "N/A". This happens every new game. After a restart and after a reinstall.
    Last edited by dustiq; 08/08/2009 at 12:16 PM.
    0.4.8:

For some reason it always says that I have 1 Ecstasy even though I didn't buy any. In fact, I've gone through 10 days just testing, and Ecstasy has been N/A for every one of those days.
  20.    #60  
    Just saw that on Twitter. I left some forcing code in to fix a bug. Updated in the Gallery. Install the latest and it should go away. Just making sure you know it is Beta.

Sorry 'bout that.

It told me.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast