Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Results 181 to 196 of 196
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    Haha yeah I know exactly what you are saying. Hey at least its better to get it done now before the winter season start, that is if you live in a place where winter will affect you lol.
    Yeah, we get our share of winter in Indianapolis. Unfortunately, it isn't all done. Lost a rear passenger brake line on the truck last time I drove it. At least that is the assumption as I replaced the driver side a year ago and the pedal went to the floor, which is never a good thing.

    Also have a Passat with no steering that we need to fix so I can get rid of it. With cars, it is always something. Houses too. Well programs too.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  2. #182  
    So you live in indy? Nice. I actually live in gary 2 hours north of you in northwest indiana. So yeah I know exactly how your winters are, this one coming is supposed to be worse than last year too...fun right? So did the rack and pinion go out on the jetta? Or is it just the power steeting pump? I hope not the pinion. Those are a pain especially when you have to pull the dash out .. Good luck with your cars and the programs!

    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Yeah, we get our share of winter in Indianapolis. Unfortunately, it isn't all done. Lost a rear passenger brake line on the truck last time I drove it. At least that is the assumption as I replaced the driver side a year ago and the pedal went to the floor, which is never a good thing.

    Also have a Passat with no steering that we need to fix so I can get rid of it. With cars, it is always something. Houses too. Well programs too.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    So you live in indy? Nice. I actually live in gary 2 hours north of you in northwest indiana. So yeah I know exactly how your winters are, this one coming is supposed to be worse than last year too...fun right? So did the rack and pinion go out on the jetta? Or is it just the power steeting pump? I hope not the pinion. Those are a pain especially when you have to pull the dash out .. Good luck with your cars and the programs!
    I'm hoping it is just the pump. I haven't started looking yet, because I fear it is the rack. It was bought fairly cheap as a stop gap and we might just sell it as is. 99 Passat.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  4. #184  
    I hope for your sakes it is not the rack..the easiest way to tell in my opinion is when drivinng does the wheel jump? Than its the rak if it is just horribly hard to turn or the serpentine belt is wobbling ( if it goes around the power steering. Volkswagon engines sometimes use 2 belts) than its the pump..but that is from my experience
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    I hope for your sakes it is not the rack..the easiest way to tell in my opinion is when drivinng does the wheel jump? Than its the rak if it is just horribly hard to turn or the serpentine belt is wobbling ( if it goes around the power steering. Volkswagon engines sometimes use 2 belts) than its the pump..but that is from my experience
    From that it sounds like it might be the pump. Power steering is the one part of vehicles I haven't done much with. Thanks for the info.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  6. #186  
    Yea no problem man, i just replaced one on a 96 buick one tip i can give, pully pullers are your best friend. lol
  7.    #187  
    I've been struggling with this, because I really hate to leave a project hanging. However, the current terms included in the App Catalog specifically excludes themes that are contained in Dope Wars. The only way I can put this ahead of other work I have in my queue is if there is possibility of replacing income from other paid work I will not be doing.

    So my only choice is to develop this for free release here or convert it to a Space Trader style game. Since this was my first real project, I did many things in a terrible way while learning. To get to a Space Trader game, I would most likely start from scratch.

    The other side is that I can spend the time I would be working on this to rebuild a web site for a non-profit charity that is really in need of help. I've decided that this is the best use of my time. They do some real good for the Central Indiana area and society in general will benefit more from my time spent there.

    If there is a developer that wants to continue development, I am fine with licensing as creative commons or similar license and letting you run with it. I'm also free for questions via email.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  8. #188  
    I happen to get almost $10M on there. Is that possible on any one sitting?

    the exact chunk of change is $9,535,586.00 after solely messing with the cocane.

    What was my secret?
    I recorded all the prices before i jet using excel.
  9. natural320's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #189  
    wow that is a lot of effort there! just use the graphs to track your drug price progress. and I just finished my last game with over 56,000,000.00 thanks to some savvy coke deals ;-)

    just wish the "high scores" would actually be tracked...
    or is it just my version that always has that button grayed out?
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    If there is a developer that wants to continue development, I am fine with licensing as creative commons or similar license and letting you run with it. I'm also free for questions via email.
    I'd be interested in collaborating on this
  11. #191  
    Are the 'configuration' and 'high scores' buttons supposed to be grayed out?
  12. #192  
    I don't know who's going to develop this further, but I'd just like to say that putting the endings in would be great - playing doesn't feel worth it unless I get that 'you retire on a sunny beach in the bahamas' or something ending!

    Also, I'm having a problem where if the cops find me, sometimes I can't click on the options. Then I can't click anywhere. Then I close dopewars and I still can't click anywhere, Then I have to take out the battery of my pre and restart it to make it work again.
    Happen to anyone else?
  13. #193  
    Yup.... seems to happen only when firing back at the police with any weapon. It seems that we get a 'you are both reloading' message and then the buttons are unresponsive for a time. (note... if you leave the application running, it will eventually come back after about a minute).

    Other than that... quite and 'addictive' game
  14. #194  
    Yup.... seems to happen only when firing back at the police with any weapon. It seems that we get a 'you are both reloading' message and then the buttons are unresponsive for a time. (note... if you leave the application running, it will eventually come back after about a minute).

    Other than that... quite and 'addictive' game
  15. #195  
    Last post was a year old...don't think any one is really following it. Hell, I don't think the dev is still into this game at all...great game though, unless you want to shoot back.
  16. #196  
    The first encounter with police causes the game to lag for a few minutes after selecting the shootout option (sorry don't recall the exact wording on the button). The orientation for a portion of the screen then switches from portrait to landscape and when the encounter is over the money is gone. Any further encounter is usually ok.

    I'm using a touchpad to play the game. Not sure if that makes a difference
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Posting Permissions