Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by efaucett View Post
    PreLoad is not a very good app.. Yet... I wouldn't come on here and brag about your own app. You could very well copy and upload these apps to your directory if you wanted to. PreLoad has the potential to be great, but PreCentral is obviously the authority and central community for Palm Pre Homebrew. If you want PreLoad to gain significance, it would be wise for you to elect to align yourself with PreCentral Operators and see if they are interested in joining ventures, but right now it just doesn't make sense to have multiple Homebrew sources. Filecoaster and PreCentral are just dominating this Homebrew community with class, elegance and professionalism. The world just isn't ready for a PreLoad

Great job to all developers, especially Webosdeveloper with Active Home Screen; that is a really nice app! Keep Brewing all ye Homebrew Underground!
    First off, it's NOT his app, but I appreciate his sentiment. It my app.

The world is not ready for a PreLoad? I actually think the world has moved past your sheep attitude.

Also, if you even knew a thing about application repositories, you'd understand how ridiculous you sound. Ask people who have an iPhone if having multiple repositories makes sense.

PreLoad has more apps, the most functionality and more potential to grow by already being set up to accept repository feeds. But multiple repository feeds would be like multiple opinions or choice, and that's baaaaad wih you huh?

And I'll brag about it. You're right, it's not a very good app, it's an awesome app and it is constantly upgraded to give users more and more functionality, choice and control. There's an entire world out there - spit out the KoolAid.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    i think imho ppl that dont take seriously and think the "world is not ready for a preload" r really smoking something...how can u say that? i believe preload and filecoaster r both amazing apps...i have them both on my pre...but use more preload bc of the many more features it has....i dont believe PMP gets enough credit for all the stuff that they've done...and i know this isnt gonna help but at least gets the word out...i just think its bc that preLoad isnt a sticky either!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by efaucett View Post
    PreLoad is not a very good app.. Yet... I wouldn't come on here and brag about your own app. You could very well copy and upload these apps to your directory if you wanted to. PreLoad has the potential to be great, but PreCentral is obviously the authority and central community for Palm Pre Homebrew. If you want PreLoad to gain significance, it would be wise for you to elect to align yourself with PreCentral Operators and see if they are interested in joining ventures, but right now it just doesn't make sense to have multiple Homebrew sources. Filecoaster and PreCentral are just dominating this Homebrew community with class, elegance and professionalism. The world just isn't ready for a PreLoad

Great job to all developers, especially Webosdeveloper with Active Home Screen; that is a really nice app! Keep Brewing all ye Homebrew Underground!
    Why? Why say such things? Neither PreCentral or PreLoad are in a competition. Both are an advancement to the Homebrew Community. Why are you putting one down? We need multiple devs working on this kind of app, to help make one another better. Both have their own positives, and will introduce new things. Hopefully they will work off each other to make their individual apps better. By putting one of the apps development down, you are putting down the Homebrew Community, and it's ongoing development.

And next time, please think before you accuse someone of "bragging about their own app"....just because one vouches for an app, doesn't mean they developed it, as you should very well know that makes no sense.

This is not a , so please don't make it one.

I have been working on some icons and wallpapers for the palm pre, I however cant add them to my post as it is right now so as it stands I have put them on my website Pre Graphics | The sin of art

please use them and if there are any requests hit me up I am looking for ideas also I need a project. Thanks very much to everyone that has been working so hard on these apps they are great and they are making the palm pre even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinacism View Post
    I have been working on some icons and wallpapers for the palm pre, I however cant add them to my post as it is right now so as it stands I have put them on my website Pre Graphics | The sin of art

please use them and if there are any requests hit me up I am looking for ideas also I need a project. Thanks very much to everyone that has been working so hard on these apps they are great and they are making the palm pre even better.
    We can show you how to set up your own repository feed for wallpapers, then any app that supports repo's can add them for people to download.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Any forward motion in letting us devs see how many downloads our app has had? Possibly broken down by version?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Everything ok with the gallery? My app submittals used to be instant but my las version was released over 24 hrs ago with no update in the catalog. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    So this was a lot of work for little old me:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps

http://m.precentral.net/mobile-homebrew

Bugs? Tell us

More improvements on the way!
    Any way to get a m.forum link to the forum thread of the homebrew app directly in the Mobile Homebrew description. I like how the full site has a link back to the forum thread would love to see the Mobile App Gallery have this too! thoughts?
    I have noticed that the full app site does not list the current updates as well as the mobile app site. It always seems like a few apps do not get pulled forward to the top for the latest releases.

I agree with the last post, there should be a link from the mobile app site to the mobile forum. Also there should be a link to the mobile app site from the full app site.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    awesome, you guys started tracking downloads! What day did you actually start tracking this?
    Thanks for all the hardwork Dieter!!!!!!! I like the homebrew catalog better then the App Store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaung411 View Post
    Thanks for all the hardwork Dieter!!!!!!! I like the homebrew catalog better then the App Store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    agreed :-)
  13. Oz
    I did not see a post/thread about this. My apologies if this has been answered..

Now that the Homebrew catalog is seeing some great momentum, do we have an idea as to how many are added per day or week? It is perhaps too early for the per day figure, but it seems that lately we are seeing at least one new ap per day.

That's wonderfully promising to me, by the way. It seems to me that when you have a community effort like this, and it starts to take off, you begin to have a lot of interest in tracking all sorts of things, downloads, popularity, new items per day, linking all aps by one author, sorting by cost, etc.

Ps - Great job on the catalog, it is very much appreciated.
    thank you.... i'm gonna be spending a lot of time here.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I can't believe how easy you guys made it to install the app store! It took me like 5 minutes!! Thanks!!!
    Anybody who is trashing the Pre should notice that very soon we will have surpassed 1,000,000 downloads in the Homebrew forum! I think this is a newsworthy event - I know I've certainly done my part!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think someone needs to look into the Active Homescreen App issue. It should be removed from the gallery if it is not actually working. It will hopefully stall rediculous amounts of screaming and carrying on by posters if its removed until a valid download is available.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456