Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Ok how I had to fix the login issue. I did the password recovery from the Homebrew Apps login (while I was looking at an app and in the download section). Clicked on the one time login, reset the password and now I can login. Hope that helps.
    DNic's solution worked for me. Here's the trick:

1. Go to the homebrew gallery
    2. Open an application page
    3. Click the Login link under "Download Options"
    4. Click the "Request New Password" tab
    5. Follow the resulting instructions carefully

Important! Using the "Have you forgotten your password?" link on the error page will not get you where you need to be! That was the mistake I made initially. I took a closer look at DNic's instructions and was directed to the right place. Note too, it doesn't matter if you've moved your TreoCentral login to PreCentral, it still won't work until you follow the reset instructions.

have fun,
    john
    This is awesome -- just updated FileCoaster which is now a beast!
    On the mobile verison I sometimes scroll past the url box. There should be a way for the url to stand out. like add one more line break before it.
    Would it be possible to show the size of the file? I don't want to bother downloading a file that is too large. This was one feature of the old set-up that I always paid attention to.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    DNic's solution worked for me. Here's the trick:

1. Go to the homebrew gallery
    2. Open an application page
    3. Click the Login link under "Download Options"
    4. Click the "Request New Password" tab
    5. Follow the resulting instructions carefully

Important! Using the "Have you forgotten your password?" link on the error page will not get you where you need to be! That was the mistake I made initially. I took a closer look at DNic's instructions and was directed to the right place. Note too, it doesn't matter if you've moved your TreoCentral login to PreCentral, it still won't work until you follow the reset instructions.

have fun,
    john
    + 1

The process of resetting your password does correct the issue of not being able to log into the Gallery. Thanks!

Just a side note, i created a new account on P|C and was able to get into the gallery and forum with that account. Not sure what the difference would have been.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I was just thinking that it would be great for someone to put together a mobile site for the Homebrew Apps. Great job Dieter! Keep up the good work. You guys have been amazing.

I was hesitant about sticking around with the Pre after launch day, but I'm more excited than ever now to be part of this daily evolving process!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    How come I can log into the forums, but when I go to the app page and try to log in it says I am not a registered member.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Can we get an app count somewhere on the gallery page?
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well, the homebrew apps pages does not reconize my username and password of PreCentral.net forums. Tried making a new one with the same username and says it already exist and my email exist. WHat it the issue???
    awesome work keep it up
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    This looks great and really great from the Pre itself. I have no clue how to make apps or I would be doing it and adding to the library. That being said, I am more than willing to "donate" for the apps that I use. What is a "fair" amount to donate? I have no frame of reference since this is the first time I've had a phone that has apps available like this. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

One more thing, where's the best place to make app suggestions?
    Last edited by coachdvc; 08/06/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    So this was a lot of work for little old me:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps

http://m.precentral.net/mobile-homebrew

Bugs? Tell us

More improvements on the way!
    Very nice.

Any chance of including the version number in the listings?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    How come I can log into the forums, but when I go to the app page and try to log in it says I am not a registered member.
    Solution at the top of Page 4:

Message #61
    When I go to the mobile version of the gallery,all apps have a "last updates" date of the current day. This works fine on the regular site, but is wrong on the mobile site. Anyone else have this problem?
    FYI the "Last Update" is buggy on the full site. It lists my app Pre-Medi as last updated July 31 whereas the mobile site lists it correctly - August 6. Then again every other app in the Mobile site has the "Last Update" listed as August 6!
    So I guess the Last Update needs a bit of work for both the full and mobile sites.
    Other than that I think it's great work. Keep it up PreCentral!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    cough cough... make a cydia app based off this cough
    I am unable to view the second page on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    cough cough... make a cydia app based off this cough
    There are at least three separate efforts underway to do exactly that.

One of them is a fully open development project, with no code available yet (focusing on getting the design right first):

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

The other two are closed development projects, one of which is open source, and the other is no-derivatives-allowed source.

One of those two is freeware, the other one is donation-required-to-get-latest-version-ware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    When I go to the mobile version of the gallery,all apps have a "last updates" date of the current day. This works fine on the regular site, but is wrong on the mobile site. Anyone else have this problem?
    Actually for me both sites show wrong "last update" dates for most apps.. they always show either today or yesterday.. even for apps that haven't been rev'ed since end of July.

This to me is one of the biggest bugs that makes the page a pain.. the time it takes for you drill down to the "official forum thread" and compare dates, or check versions on the apps you have (orange + tap) compared to the site, it's kind of a pain compared to what it would be if this data was accurate right on the main page. I don't memorize version #s, so if an app shows updated today.. I think it's a newer version and it may not be.

Other than that... This page rocks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There are at least three separate efforts underway to do exactly that.

One of them is a fully open development project, with no code available yet (focusing on getting the design right first):

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

The other two are closed development projects, one of which is open source, and the other is no-derivatives-allowed source.

One of those two is freeware, the other one is donation-required-to-get-latest-version-ware.

-- Rod
    preware looks nice, I'd love to give it a shot.... when it's available....

next question... when is it available? lol

seriously though, scope/estimate? days, weeks or months you think?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast