Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CPJazzMan2000 View Post
    HOw do I copy the link on the Mobile App Page? When the link is highlighted in Yellow...the edit copy feature is greyed-out
    Tap and hold the gesture area, then push "c" you can then just "shake it" into FileCoaster.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    You rock Dieter!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    I do agree with the others that a version number would be extremely helpfull,

Very nice job. Very convenient, especially from the mobile version.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Looks good. Hope your fingers heal fast Dieter, universal ipkg feed>*. Hopefully filecoaster/preload give us the option of adding new feeds.
    Give it another month tops and the Palm app. catalog will be redundant at best.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Problem with clicking the date, is that it defaults to oldest first. So it takes two clicks and associated refreshes to see what all is new.
    haven't tried this yet, but looks really good so far!

I have been wondering though why everyone isn't just posting to PreLoad though. It seems like a really awesome and convenient app. Do people just not trust the developers to keep the servers going or what? The few apps that I've downloaded from it so far have been really convenient, and the wallpaper/ringtones download sections are cool too. I hate the iphone, but I'm looking forwarded to one standardized homebrew app catalog like cydia.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post
    Cant See page 2 says error
    Looks great, but ditto.. On my phone, I can not view the second page; mobile and regular site..
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!! WHO'S DA MAN?

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    I luv the it!
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I have been wondering though why everyone isn't just posting to PreLoad though. It seems like a really awesome and convenient app. Do people just not trust the developers to keep the servers going or what? The few apps that I've downloaded from it so far have been really convenient, and the wallpaper/ringtones download sections are cool too. I hate the iphone, but I'm looking forwarded to one standardized homebrew app catalog like cydia.
    I expect the developers are waiting for the standard ipkg feed format to be supported by both the PimpMyPre and PreCentral repositories, and to be supported by the fileCoaster and PreLoad installer applications.

Until that happens, authors who upload to one or the other have no guarantee that the widest possible audience will get to experience their app, and the authors have to do more work keeping the 10 different repositories up to date with their latest version. I'd rather the authors spend more time making their apps better, than wasting time uploading to 10 different repositories just cause app repositories and app installers aren't supporting the standard ipkg feed format yet ...

I'm glad that Dieter has publicly pledged to support the standard ipkg feed format, and I hope that PimpMyPre, fileCoaster and PreLoad do the same.

I'm willing to help the developers of any app repository site or installer application to support the standard ipkg feed format, as are many other developers from webos-internals.org ...

I'm optimistic that interoperability of feeds and installers will happen (mainly cause I expect they will all get sick of me continually beating up on them in public), and result in the most efficient homebrew application ecosystem for both developers and users.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Awesome! Can I make a request? Can version numbers be included with the "last updated" date? I think I know most of my app version by number, not by date.

Either way, I love it!
    +1000
    This is awesome Dieter, thanks to everyone at P|C for all the hard work!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Looks great. Such an improvement!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    Dieter, as you can see, the fact that several of us have posted to this thread reporting the login problem means that we are in fact logged into the forum. So our browsers seem to be set up correctly.

For the sake of completeness, here's what I've tried:

OS X 10.5.6 w/ Safari 4.0.2, Java Script and Accept Cookies turned on
    XP SP3 w/ IE 8, medium security (some cookies accepted, Java Script turned on)
    webOS 1.1, Accept Cookies = Yes, Java Script = On

On all three platforms listed above I can log in to the forum, but I cannot log in to the homebrew apps gallery. The error message returned is:

"Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?"

I am using the same username and password that I use to login to the forums.

Thanks for your help,
    John
    I've tried it using WebOS 1.1, Cookies = Yes and Javascript = On
    Windows 7(7100) and FireFox 3.5.2 and cannot log into the Gallery but can log into the forums successfully.
    Thanks so much... A Gallery is just what I havebeen waiting for!! Much appreciated, this definitely strengthens and consolidates the Pre-Goodness.

Edit: The log in and pages worked great for me on the Pre itself. I didn't have any problems... Thanks again!
    Last edited by superduperpre; 08/05/2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: adding info on (lack of) presence of bugs
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    worked great for me thanks for the effort,, I am beginning to get happy about my pre
    wow, downloading apps with fileCoaster is pretty damn easy This plus the homebrew gallery can only become better from this point on Congrats all who put a ton of work into this awesome resource!
    No subway maps!!!
    also no Preload- perhaps the most useful app created
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    No subway maps!!!
    also no Preload- perhaps the most useful app created
    Developer responsibility. Talk to them about it.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast