Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I can't get the new mobile section to recognize my username and password. It just keeps asking me to login.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Error occurred at views/ajax.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I can't get the new mobile section to recognize my username and password. It just keeps asking me to login.
    +1

Same error on mobile site, full version and from my desktop. The gallery doesn't recognize my user name or password.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    +1

Same error on mobile site, full version and from my desktop. The gallery doesn't recognize my user name or password.
    +1
    I'm having the same issue, unable to log into the mobile site from my Pre.

But amazing work everyone!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    so this is nice and for fileCoaster users (after the homebrew butten press gets updated) will be very nice indeed. but i am concerned it is a step back. we need to bring the community together so that so much admin work by a forum op is not required.

the guys at webos-internals are on a far better track. imho;

Index of /feeds/preware/all

a central repo where multiple apps can pull from.... we need to join together on this one.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    It's requiring me to login again to even be able to d/l any of them. However my Precentral.net login isn't working.

Also post a link that points to their forum post in their description somewhere.

Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    +1

Also, either the Dev homepage is not showing up for everyone OR for those Devs that did not include a homepage, it should not show up at all.
    +2
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post
    Now all we need is an app on our Phones that automatically search this repository and install as necessary....essentially our own homebrew catalog just like the "real" app catalog. I think PreLoad does something similar but I haven't tried it yet
    fileCoasters new beta version already does this. The public release will happen soon.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    so this is nice and for fileCoaster users (after the homebrew butten press gets updated) will be very nice indeed. but i am concerned it is a step back. we need to bring the community together so that so much admin work by a forum op is not required.

the guys at webos-internals are on a far better track. imho;

Index of /feeds/preware/all

a central repo where multiple apps can pull from.... we need to join together on this one.
    An ipkg feed is on the agenda - just need to wait for my fingers to stop bleeding so I can read some more coding books and do it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    +1
    I'm having the same issue, unable to log into the mobile site from my Pre.

But amazing work everyone!
    I can't replicate the login issue.. Are your browser preferences set to Accept Cookies and Javascript on?
    I agree, put the Version Number along with the update date.

Also, who decides which apps get added to that list.

Here is a prime example:
    There is 2 Tic Tac Toe Apps - Tics'n'Tacs and PreTac
    Only one shows up....any reason why one over the other?

Other-than-that...GREAT JOB and thanks for doing this, was needing this for a long time.

Also for future updates....can we get this separated into freeware versus shareware when some people start charging...unless they just pull the paid ones to the app catalog.

*HINT HINT - someone should make an app that is a Homebrew App Catalog.
    It would work the way the Palm App Catalog does except it pulls all the homebrew apps from here and you can just click on an icon, and it will download that app (latest version of course)(and overwrite your old one without having to delete it first)
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I agree, put the Version Number along with the update date.

Also, who decides which apps get added to that list.
    It's up to developers to resubmit to the new gallery. We won't be hosting apps in the forums moving forward -- here's just for discussion.

Also for future updates....can we get this separated into freeware versus shareware when some people start charging...unless they just pull the paid ones to the app catalog.
    Just to be VERY clear - our app gallery will ONLY EVER have free apps in them. Some apps will eventually become shareware or for-pay in the app catalog, at which time you won't be able to download them from us. If there's money involved in an app beyond donations (and this includes 'donate-for-download,' or 'donate-to-get-the-newest-version-only-the-old-version-is-in-the-gallery'), it won't be in our gallery.

For-pay apps == Official App Catalog.
    Homebrew gallery == beta testing and open-source stuff not meant for the catalog.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Is there any info about having to logging in again when going to Homebrew Apps section?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    1 request, the default order is the most current update.
    +1
    Thanks PreCentral! Page 2 works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I can't replicate the login issue.. Are your browser preferences set to Accept Cookies and Javascript on?
    Dieter, as you can see, the fact that several of us have posted to this thread reporting the login problem means that we are in fact logged into the forum. So our browsers seem to be set up correctly.

For the sake of completeness, here's what I've tried:

OS X 10.5.6 w/ Safari 4.0.2, Java Script and Accept Cookies turned on
    XP SP3 w/ IE 8, medium security (some cookies accepted, Java Script turned on)
    webOS 1.1, Accept Cookies = Yes, Java Script = On

On all three platforms listed above I can log in to the forum, but I cannot log in to the homebrew apps gallery. The error message returned is:

"Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?"

I am using the same username and password that I use to login to the forums.

Thanks for your help,
    John
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Ok how I had to fix the login issue. I did the password recovery from the Homebrew Apps login (while I was looking at an app and in the download section).
    Clicked on the one time login, reset the password and now I can login. Hope that helps.
    Looks really well done.
    Fantastic work. No complaints here!
    HOw do I copy the link on the Mobile App Page? When the link is highlighted in Yellow...the edit copy feature is greyed-out
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Excellent work Dieter! Thanks.
    No problems with log-in being recognised for me, after the first visit .
    And as far as the default list order, alphabetical seems logical.
    Nothing difficult about clicking on the "date" column to bring the latest updates to the top?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast