1.    #1  
    I know there is already a Tic-Tac-Toe game available but this simple game is perfect to get into touch with webOS programming so I have written my own Tic-Tac-Toe with the name Tics'n'Tacs. I have no access to a real Palm Pre yet (It's not available in Germany yet...) so its currently only tested in the latest emulator. I hope it also runs on a physical Pre.

Some features:

• Both sides can be played by a human player or by one of four different computer AIs. So you can play human vs. human, human vs. Pre or even Pre vs. Pre. AI levels are: Toaster (Does only random moves), C3PO (Only knows the basic moves), Marvin (Knows even the special moves but is sometimes to depressed to use them) and HAL 9000 (Knows all the special moves and uses them, so it should be impossible to win against him).
    • Beside choosing between human and computer AI the following preferences can be changed: Delays between computer moves and between end of game and start of new game, Fullscreen mode and suspend mode (Defines if game is suspended if application is minimized)
    • German translation available.

The IPK can be downloaded in the PreCentral App Catalog:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/ticsntacs

This application is open source using the MIT License. Source code is available here:

While this application should be a complete game the whole project is more like a learning application. So if you like please review the source code and inform me if you found something which could be done better or if you think the GUI does not conform to the webOS style guides or something like
    that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kayahr; 08/05/2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Changed download link to point to app catalog.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    app looks nice.... All the setting are cool.

How are you keeping track of the settings? cookies?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    app looks nice.... All the setting are cool.

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    Yes. There are several ways to store data but using cookies is the easiest way because it seems to be the only way which does not require complicated asynchronous communication with the Mojo or HTML 5 API.

You can see how it works in the Preferences.js file. Take a look at the methods load() and save().
    2=8 1=7 2=6 1=5 2=2 1=4 2=1 1=3... 2=2 1=1 2=8 1=5 2=0 1=4 2=7 1=3... 2=0 1=3 2=6 1=1 2=2 1=4 2=5 1=7 in yo face hal 9000
    Last edited by aikin; 08/31/2009 at 04:33 PM.
    Oh sometimes the game ends without a win\lose\draw just clears the board with like 3 moves left this is a great app keep it going :-) nvm I think hal beats me but it doesn't delay correctly
    Last edited by aikin; 09/01/2009 at 07:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Beat HAL! 2=2, 1=3, 2=0, 1=1, 2=6, 1=4, 2=7, 1=5
    2=2, 1=5, 2=0, 1=1, 2=8, 1=4, 2=3, 1=7 :d