View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    gMote also requires you to download and install a Server program on the computer you wish to control.

Heck, even the iPod/iPhone "Remote" program requires you to configure your computer's copy of iTunes to work (you have to share your iTunes library, connect the device and then enter a 4 digit code).
    My apologies, I said gmote but found out it was another android app that I was talking about. I meant the one you mentioned where you use the 4 digit code
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    This is a great idea. What about adding...dare i say it. Zune controls, if possible? There are a few of us zune users around! Either way, keep up the good work!
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Do you have 2 pcs? Can you verify windows firewall is disabled.
    well i got my laptop and then there's the other pc thats connected to the modem/router and yes windows firewall is disabled...wut else could i do to make this work...i really wanna get this to work
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 08/06/2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Worked like a champ the very first time around! That was easy. A++++
    ... She fakes the orgasm, I fake the relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Another media player: Squeezecenter.
    +1
    Getting an error running the server app in vista32.

Also, why would you need to enable port forwarding if both the pre and computer on are the same internal LAN.

You would only need port forwarding to connect from outside your router to your internal computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by golfwidower View Post
    Running Windows 7 64-bit and trying to use Windows Media Player.

I've been trying to make my own app like this. The only ask I have is to try and figure out how to use with playlist.com

Thanks in advance!
    Same errors on Vista32.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks to your new server version (I was having problems, too, that I surmised was IPv6 based earlier today, but it looks like you figured it out, hehe), I can finally use this program and it is awesome. I am definitely donating, just to keep you working on the software (I would gladly actually pay for it later, too). Such an awesome piece of software, my friend.

BTW, what do you mean by "push notification" as something you're working on? Is it that the client on the Pre gets notified of changes on the player (like the track has been changed/paused/etc) and changes accordingly? Because that was the major missing part of the experience that I could think of. I have a bunch of others, but I'm sure you already have them in mind and I'm about to go to sleep.
    I am getting the error too. On my Vista 64bit comp
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Win XP SP3 - things working great. I was hard headed and tried to add the port number into my Norton 360, man there are tons of places you could add this. It didn't work, nothing. Then, I just easily went to System>Windows Protection>Firewall and added it there, like was told to, and it worked!

Can't wait for more features. Just some ideas to toss out there, maybe a different screen on the phone to select Artist/Album/Play Lists etc.

Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WesDavis View Post
    My apologies, I said gmote but found out it was another android app that I was talking about. I meant the one you mentioned where you use the 4 digit code
    Not sure...don't have an Android phone. But the 4-digit thing is the way you set up iTunes with Apple's "Remote" program for the iPhone and iPod Touch. iTunes just has the server built-in, but it still needs to be set up. Ie, it doesn't just work without configuring the computer/server side of things.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesha718holla View Post
    agreed
    I would be interested in doing zune but I have yet to be able to find a way to control it.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercko View Post
    Thanks to your new server version (I was having problems, too, that I surmised was IPv6 based earlier today, but it looks like you figured it out, hehe), I can finally use this program and it is awesome. I am definitely donating, just to keep you working on the software (I would gladly actually pay for it later, too). Such an awesome piece of software, my friend.

BTW, what do you mean by "push notification" as something you're working on? Is it that the client on the Pre gets notified of changes on the player (like the track has been changed/paused/etc) and changes accordingly? Because that was the major missing part of the experience that I could think of. I have a bunch of others, but I'm sure you already have them in mind and I'm about to go to sleep.
    Yes push notification would be so the pre knows when something happened on the server. I dont want to have the app constantly be polling. As soon as palm make push available it will be incorporated in this app.

I am keeping a list of enhancments I plan on doing in the initial post if you have ideas let me know.
    Updated thread title to no longer show version number here. For version information and to download click here:

Download from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Media Remote

- Craig
    No the free version is fine. Do any of the other media players work?
    It looks like it is working when I do it with wmp. no errors. Problem is when I put the IP (2nd one shown?) in on the pre it says that nothing is playing.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketace150 View Post
    It looks like it is working when I do it with wmp. no errors. Problem is when I put the IP (2nd one shown?) in on the pre it says that nothing is playing.
    With it working on WMP try changing the volume see if the media player responds if not try putting the test url in the pre browser to see if a firewall is blocking communication.
    With it working on WMP try changing the volume see if the media player responds if not try putting the test url in the pre browser to see if a firewall is blocking communication.
    so u still have no idea wut could be blocking my pre from controlling winamp?

im sorry if im annoying u with all my problems!!
    test url? and no. no response with the volume.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well i got my laptop and then there's the other pc thats connected to the modem/router and yes windows firewall is disabled...wut else could i do to make this work...i really wanna get this to work
    Sorry missed this post in the thread from the other pc can you hit the test url. This will tell us if it is a network connection issue or an issue with controlling the app on your pc. Again the test url for people asking is http://[YOUR-PC-IP]:63342/currentSong if you get a good response from that url

Winamp is the touchiest of them so we may want to verify can you control WMP.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    I am getting the error too. On my Vista 64bit comp
    This doesnt help....
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast