View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Just installed update and same issue
    Okay here is another try sorry for the upload an have you try over and over again but I cant recreate the issue here so I'm shooting in the dark but I still think its those ipv6 as they get added to the listiner so I am trying to code them out.
    Last edited by tonyparisi; 08/09/2009 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matoscg View Post
    Alright guys im running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit on my laptop and connects to my home network via Wi-Fi... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CONNECT THE PRE VIA USB TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS APP, THE WHOLE PORPUSE OF THIS APP IS TO HAVE AN OVER THE AIR REMOTE TO CONTROL MEDIA PLAYERS ON YOUR COMPUTERS!!!)

I was having the same errors and problems you guys are having... I was unable to connect succesfully between my laptop and the Pre, I got to the point where i was gettin frustraded... Anyways the componenent that was causing the problem and was not letting me connect succesfully between the laptop and the Pre was >>>> THE WINDOWS FIREWALL!

I tried enabling the port 63342 and it did not work! AT ALL! (Im not sure if this applies to Windows XP) Im not an expert but i do know how to enable ports when using the Windows Firewall! And adding 63342 to the list does not let u connect successfully UNLESS IM THE ONE THAT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO OPEN PORTS.

I went tru the following steps to get this to work

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Click on Change Settings and disable the Windows Firewall.

2. If you have a Windows Media Player icon on the desktop right click it hit Properties click on the Shortcut Tab click Advanced and select the option to allow this app to run as an Administrator. (If this is not accomplished nuthin will work) Run Windows Media Player. Minimize (Up to you to minimize)

3. Go to the folder where the Media Controller Server app is and right click and click on Properties. On the Compatibility Tab check the option that says " Run this program as an administrator". Hit OK!

4. Run the Server App and click on allow when it prompts.

5. On the Server app click on the drop down menu and select Windows Media Player. Hit Start... [[If an errors pops up, something is wrong... (FIREWALL MUST BE DISABLED)]]

6. Go to your Pre! And run the Media Remote app. Make sure IP Address matches with the one given by the server app. (Mines listed 1 IP Adress) Go back to Windows Media Player and start to play a song. Then go back to the Media Controller app on the Pre Hit CONNECT... It should show the current song playing and you should be able to use the controller as well... ENJOY!!!

Please reply back and let me know if it worked for you guys... Hopefully this whole situation will get fixed in a future update...

I have never posted anything on this website and no other homebrew has catched my attention as the Media Controller did... This is a GREAT app... Please DONATE!!!!!

Any further questions email me at carlos_pr_23@live.com...

(NOTE: When the Firewall was enabled and the port 63342 was added to the exeptions list; the Server app will list and IP Adress and another number similar to an MAC Adress this might be sings of something being wrong)
    I just updated to the latest version of the server app on the author's web site and now it's working for me.

I followed your instructions, except I didn't disable my firewall. I just added the port to the exception list and added it to the router's port forwarding list.

Also, I had two IP addresses in the server app's list, one of which is my computer's IP address. I could only get the app working when used my computers IP address when configuring the Pre app.

To the author: thanks for the great app. This will definitely be one of the coolest apps out there as you keep improving on it.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I just updated to the latest version of the server app on the author's web site and now it's working for me.

I followed your instructions, except I didn't disable my firewall. I just added the port to the exception list and added it to the router's port forwarding list.

Also, I had two IP addresses in the server app's list, one of which is my computer's IP address. I could only get the app working when used my computers IP address when configuring the Pre app.

To the author: thanks for the great app. This will definitely be one of the coolest apps out there as you keep improving on it.
    GREAT!!! Okay I think most of the server issues have been resolved, I am going to try and consolidate the trouble shooting over the next couple of days on my google site FAQ from the posts in this thread.

1) Make sure you run as admin.
    2) Firewall Settings.

Now I will look at enhancements. The next one I am going to work on is upcoming songs in the playlist. I think I will have a seperate scene that you can goto and see the next 10 songs in the playlist. I dont think this upcoming will work if in shuffle mode on the players because they wont tell me their order.

For enhancements also some one asked about browsing the pc and selecting files to play. That will not be supported in this app. Having a port open to you pc that allow a user to browse for files even if they cant view the files is a HUGE security hole and I will not open my users up to that risk.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    I was hoping people would donate... I may have to charge because people don't seem to donate. I am looking at setting up a shopping cart on amazon to sell it once the bugs are worked out here and I am out of beta.

-- If you donate let me know so if I switch to a pay app I will count your donation as a payment.
    It has been my experience that people generally will not donate unless they have to. There are exceptions to this but by and large, you have to offer them something that requires them to donate. Take the MyTether app for instance. To get access to the "installer version" of the app, a $10 donation is required.

Also with an app that is this useful, submission to the Palm App Catalog should yield positive and a nominal charge would surely turn into some serious revenue.

jab
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    It has been my experience that people generally will not donate unless they have to. There are exceptions to this but by and large, you have to offer them something that requires them to donate. Take the MyTether app for instance. To get access to the "installer version" of the app, a $10 donation is required.

Also with an app that is this useful, submission to the Palm App Catalog should yield positive and a nominal charge would surely turn into some serious revenue.

jab
    Yeah I have realized this and I am thinking about charging for the server application. It is in beta right now so I have not decided what to do yet. The beta builds of the server wont work after 9/1/09, I may extend that or turn off the kill date but havnt decided yet. If I charge for it it would most likly be $10. If you know you do not want to lose the app donate $10 now, one person already has and that will lock you in for future releases, once out of beta. - I may also make the server free and charge for the pre app, not sure yet.
    For enhancements also some one asked about browsing the pc and selecting files to play. That will not be supported in this app. Having a port open to you pc that allow a user to browse for files even if they cant view the files is a HUGE security hole and I will not open my users up to that risk.
    That was me. I am connected behind my router so the risk is minimal, no more than FTP. We are using non rout-able IP's here. You can also have the program ask for a user name and password. You could also encrypt it if need be. I can browse files from Orb and it is fine.

You already have a port open to control the players and this is no more secure than browsing and selecting files. You can just use the same port!
    Your program already has access to the computer via the small server app.

ANY open port can technically be a security risk. If you don't want to add that feature, that is cool, it is a lot of work, but do not do it because of security worry when there are ways to protect it.

That feature would take the app from semi-useful to VERY useful IMHO.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    w00t!

It is working on vista for me now. I downloaded the latest version of the server and I had to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes (I had been using iTunes 7.5.0.20).

A donation is on its way. Thank you for a great app.
    It seems like almost everyone has got it working but I am coming across an error when I press start (only for media monkey);

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to contunue.
    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {#############} failed due to the following error 80040154.

Is this an error that anyone else got with media monkey? Any help?
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketace150 View Post
    It seems like almost everyone has got it working but I am coming across an error when I press start (only for media monkey);

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to contunue.
    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {#############} failed due to the following error 80040154.

Is this an error that anyone else got with media monkey? Any help?
    I media monkey installed? Is it already running. Try not having it running when you click start.
    i dont get any errors on the program on my pc....but i cant seem to get it to work on my pre..no errors on my pre either just that when i type the ip address on my pre it (connects) but doesnt show anything...wut do i do?

this is how it looks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 08/06/2009 at 03:12 PM.
    Yes I do have Media Monkey Installed and it was running but there is no difference when I run with MM closed. I am running on Vista, if that helps.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont get any errors on the program on my pc....but i cant seem to get it to work on my pre..no errors on my pre either just that when i type the ip address on my pre it (connects) but doesnt show anything...wut do i do?

this is how it looks
    I don't think it is successfully making the connection this could be do to a firewall is blocking the communication or is the pc and your pre on the same wireless/wired network? I think you could test the connection by entering the same path I had you enter in you pc browser in your pre browser if you get a 404 from the pre then somthing is blocking the communication.
  13.    #153  
    Yes I do have Media Monkey Installed and it was running but there is no difference when I run with MM closed. I am running on Vista, if that helps.
    I think that media monkey is not installed correctly so the server can find it. I would recommend trying to install the latest version of the software.
    I don't think it is successfully making the connection this could be do to a firewall is blocking the communication or is the pc and your pre on the same wireless/wired network? I think you could test the connection by entering the same path I had you enter in you pc browser in your pre browser if you get a 404 from the pre then somthing is blocking the communication.
    my pc and pre r connected to the same router....and yes i do have it port forwarding only my pc with the server...or do i need to do that to the pre 2?
    i did the whole test to c if my pc is being blocked and no....it shows this...
    {operation:"currentSong",'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':true,'currentSong':{"trackNu mber":"","song":" #1 FOR HITZ & HIP HOP *In HD) www.powerhitz.com)","artist":" So Fine (1POWER ","album":"","path":""},'volume':?,'repeatMethod':'all',}

actually i just did it on my pre and it says...unable to load page....error loading page. [111]
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 08/06/2009 at 03:32 PM.
  16.    #156  
    no, do you have any firewall programs running on the pc? Windows firewall, mcafee, norton?

This on the message concerns me: 'volume':? it may be a bug in the server but if you cant see the response on the pre I still think it may be a firewall.

Lets check one other thing, try changing the volume on the pre does the media player change volume?
    no, do you have any firewall programs running on the pc? Windows firewall, mcafee, norton?

This on the message concerns me: 'volume':? it may be a bug in the server but if you cant see the response on the pre I still think it may be a firewall.

Lets check one other thing, try changing the volume on the pre does the media player change volume?
    i got eset smart security.....and no the volume doesnt change when i change it on the pre

i dont know if its my firewall doubt it...bc i disabled it for a couple seconds ran the program...and still the same problem

i changed my setting in my firewall to disable...i put it to automatic...and then i left it to wut i have it degault which is filtering....which when it needs a connection it asks me....and nothing worked
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 08/06/2009 at 04:03 PM.
    I think that media monkey is not installed correctly so the server can find it. I would recommend trying to install the latest version of the software.
    I reinstalled the latest version of media monkey just now and I got the same message. It doesn't have to be the gold version right?
  19.    #159  
    I reinstalled the latest version of media monkey just now and I got the same message. It doesn't have to be the gold version right?
    No the free version is fine. Do any of the other media players work?
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i got eset smart security.....and no the volume doesnt change when i change it on the pre

i dont know if its my firewall doubt it...bc i disabled it for a couple seconds ran the program...and still the same problem

i changed my setting in my firewall to disable...i put it to automatic...and then i left it to wut i have it degault which is filtering....which when it needs a connection it asks me....and nothing worked
    Do you have 2 pcs? Can you verify windows firewall is disabled.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast