View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    what error are you getting, access denied?
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    what error are you getting, access denied?
    I'm getting the same exact error that espio has/had
  3.    #123  
    He had two errors which, screen prints and the details please or I cant help
    He had two errors which, screen prints and the details please or I cant help
    Thr exact 2 errors that he had...I saw them and they're the exact same errors I get...I can't PS bc I'm not home right now
    ok... i have an issue with loading the desktop version....

Own:

Palm Pre
    Xbox 360
    Xbox
    PS1
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo DSi
    Nintendo DS
    Gameboy SP
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advanced
  6.    #126  
    If you are getting the two errors you will need to make sure you are running it as an administrator see the earleir post.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn95 View Post
    ok... i have an issue with loading the desktop version....

I think this is due to the fact that you may not have the correct version of .net installed. you need 3.0 if not also 3.5. please look in your windows directory (c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework) to see what you have.
    I can't get it to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I really want this to work... i tried typing the address into the address bar and I get this rejection back.

{operation:"currentsong",'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':false,'currentSong':{"trackN umber":"","song":"Not Currently Playing.","artist":"","album":"","path":""},'volume':0,'repeatMethod':'notsupported',}

I start up the windows media player... right click the icon for the "media remote" open it as administrator then choose windows media player then press start. I am a bit confused it gives two I.P. connections 192.168.56.1 and below it 10.0.0.1 which 1 of those am i supposed to enter on the phone? any ways then i run the program on the phone and the app comes up but w/ no info... and if i press play it says not currently playing....???? PLEASE HELP!!!!
    ok when i put the program to start as admin i finally dont get the error....but question...when i run the program on my pc there it shows 2 ip addresses...which ip address do i put on my pre on ur app?
    Running Windows 7 64-bit and trying to use Windows Media Player.

I've been trying to make my own app like this. The only ask I have is to try and figure out how to use with playlist.com

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Another media player: Sonos
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    I can't get it to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I really want this to work... i tried typing the address into the address bar and I get this rejection back.

{operation:"currentsong",'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':false,'currentSong':{"trackN umber":"","song":"Not Currently Playing.","artist":"","album":"","path":""},'volume':0,'repeatMethod':'notsupported',}

I start up the windows media player... right click the icon for the "media remote" open it as administrator then choose windows media player then press start. I am a bit confused it gives two I.P. connections 192.168.56.1 and below it 10.0.0.1 which 1 of those am i supposed to enter on the phone? any ways then i run the program on the phone and the app comes up but w/ no info... and if i press play it says not currently playing....???? PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Well that response is the correct response if the player was not playing when you did the request. If it was insure that you have the correct media player type selected in the drop down. the two ips are because your pc has 2 ip addresses you will just have to try them until you find the one that works. Most of the time that will be the one that starts with 192, if you are using a mac wireless router then probably the one that starts with 10. Try the steps with the player playing to see if it gets the connection in the browser and the pre. the url currentSong is what the pre calls to get the current song. If you see it in the browser and not the pre insure the pre is on your wireless router, same router as the pc uses. If still not working you may have to check the ports issue with firewalls as discussed in previous posts.

If you do not have a wireless router then you will need to read the docs for your router on how to port forward from the router to your pc. The ip address you enter then can be found by going to one of the many sites on the internet to get your ip.
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by golfwidower View Post
    Running Windows 7 64-bit and trying to use Windows Media Player.

I've been trying to make my own app like this. The only ask I have is to try and figure out how to use with playlist.com

Thanks in advance!
    Your issue I am not sure, can you do a ipconfig for me from the cmd line? I have never tried this on windows 7 or 64bit processor as I dont have either.... did any ip address show up in the box in the main window prior to you clicking start?
    Here are my server and ipconfig screenshots...I appreciate the help
    I am sorry to the members for this long post. I am only posting this per request of the programer.

Lets start talking issues now sorry I wanted to get everything up there before I started diving into issues. Can you tell me what versions of the .net framework you have installed. (goto C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework, What directories are listed there?) Also does the error have any details that you can view, if so what are they?
    Under Framework there is v1.0.3705, v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727, v3.0, 3.5
    Then there is Windows/Framework64
    The first bmp is the directory tree
    The second is the exception box when open your program
    These are the details for that box:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.HttpListenerException: The parameter is incorrect
    at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAll()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at MediaControllerApplication.WebServer.Start() in C:\Users\Parisis\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\MediaControllerApplication\MediaControllerApplication\WebServer.cs:line 32
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MediaControllerApplication
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/PRE%20Remote/Media%20Remote/MediaControllerApplication.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The Third (jpg) is when the program is started for itoons
    These are the details for this exception:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'System.Net.HttpListener'.
    at System.Net.HttpListener.CheckDisposed()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at MediaControllerApplication.WebServer.Start() in C:\Users\Parisis\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\MediaControllerApplication\MediaControllerApplication\WebServer.cs:line 32
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    MediaControllerApplication
    CodeBase: file:///D:/PRE%20Remote/Media%20Remote/MediaControllerApplication.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    WMPRemote
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3502.36912
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3502.36912
    CodeBase: file:///D:/PRE%20Remote/Media%20Remote/WMPRemote.DLL
    Interop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///D:/PRE%20Remote/Media%20Remote/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
    Interop.iTunesLib
    Assembly Version: 1.12.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.12.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/PRE%20Remote/Media%20Remote/Interop.iTunesLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    I'm getting the same error popups that Espio received. I'm running the application in admin mode under Vista 32-bit. I have all versions (up to and including 3.5) of the .NET framework installed on my computer.
    Just installed update and same issue
    Alright guys im running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit on my laptop and connects to my home network via Wi-Fi... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CONNECT THE PRE VIA USB TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS APP, THE WHOLE PORPUSE OF THIS APP IS TO HAVE AN OVER THE AIR REMOTE TO CONTROL MEDIA PLAYERS ON YOUR COMPUTERS!!!)

I was having the same errors and problems you guys are having... I was unable to connect succesfully between my laptop and the Pre, I got to the point where i was gettin frustraded... Anyways the componenent that was causing the problem and was not letting me connect succesfully between the laptop and the Pre was >>>> THE WINDOWS FIREWALL!

I tried enabling the port 63342 and it did not work! AT ALL! (Im not sure if this applies to Windows XP) Im not an expert but i do know how to enable ports when using the Windows Firewall! And adding 63342 to the list does not let u connect successfully UNLESS IM THE ONE THAT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO OPEN PORTS.

I went tru the following steps to get this to work

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Click on Change Settings and disable the Windows Firewall.

2. If you have a Windows Media Player icon on the desktop right click it hit Properties click on the Shortcut Tab click Advanced and select the option to allow this app to run as an Administrator. (If this is not accomplished nuthin will work) Run Windows Media Player. Minimize (Up to you to minimize)

3. Go to the folder where the Media Controller Server app is and right click and click on Properties. On the Compatibility Tab check the option that says " Run this program as an administrator". Hit OK!

4. Run the Server App and click on allow when it prompts.

5. On the Server app click on the drop down menu and select Windows Media Player. Hit Start... [[If an errors pops up, something is wrong... (FIREWALL MUST BE DISABLED)]]

6. Go to your Pre! And run the Media Remote app. Make sure IP Address matches with the one given by the server app. (Mines listed 1 IP Adress) Go back to Windows Media Player and start to play a song. Then go back to the Media Controller app on the Pre Hit CONNECT... It should show the current song playing and you should be able to use the controller as well... ENJOY!!!

Please reply back and let me know if it worked for you guys... Hopefully this whole situation will get fixed in a future update...

I have never posted anything on this website and no other homebrew has catched my attention as the Media Controller did... This is a GREAT app... Please DONATE!!!!!

Any further questions email me at carlos_pr_23@live.com...

(NOTE: When the Firewall was enabled and the port 63342 was added to the exeptions list; the Server app will list and IP Adress and another number similar to an MAC Adress this might be sings of something being wrong)
    Anyone get this to work with Windows 7 32 or 64?? Vista 64 works fine, but Win7 will not work at all.

Anyone??
    rather than having to disable the entire windows firewall on vista 64 to get this to work there is another solution. You have to add two exceptions to the firewall 1) the port (63342) and 2) the program.

In the firewall exceptions tab you have to both "add port" and "add program." the "add port" dialogue is self explanitory, in the "add program" window just browse to whereever the .exe is, and add it.

Works like a charm now.

BTW, great app!
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast