View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I installed this like all the other apps I have and when I start it, it just says "Media Remote" at the top where the launcher usually is and the screen never changes. If I swipe up, I get a blank white screen but nothing else. Any suggestions?
    This sounds so cool, I can't wait to try it!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh347 View Post
    I wasn't able to get the it to work at first even though I typed the IP address from the desktop app into my Pre but I found that it was user error.

I used these instructions from the Microsoft website. I typed in my own comments that are specific for setting it for Media Remote. This article describes how to manually open ports in Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) in Windows XP:

This made it work for me! The app is pretty cool. I'm suprised with the 0 time delay between hitting skip on the Pre and having the computer skip. It's pretty cool. The album art on mine shows up SUPER pixelly... like old GIF or something. (see screenshot below) Although I think most of the album art might actually be GIF?! Also, when your phone goes into sleep/locked mode and you turn it back on and unlock it... it takes a second for it to reconnect with your computer and accept your button presses.

I too don't really know that I'd use this all that much just yet, but maybe for someone that uses their computer as their main stereo source it would be nice because you could be in the other room or on the couch/bed and flip through songs. I'd like to see the Pre app show your library or playlist so you can skip around instead of just hitting next but I don't know if that's possible. Either way this is a great start! I will definitely keep my eye on it!

Hopefully these instructions help you!! You may have a different problem... but I would give this a try. It worked for me!

Worked like charm ... GREATLY Appreciated
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by espio View Post
    When I run the program in administrator mode, this is the first error screen I see:

When I click continue, I get the same 2nd error message (as I did running it normal).
    Okay two things can you get what is in the details section. Also what version of .net do you have. look in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework what dirs are there?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Okay two things can you get what is in the details section. Also what version of .net do you have. look in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework what dirs are there?
    Framework dirs:
    v1.0.3705
    v1.1.4322
    v2.0.50727
    v3.0
    v3.5

error details:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.HttpListenerException: The parameter is incorrect
    at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAll()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at MediaControllerApplication.WebServer.Start() in C:\Users\Parisis\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\MediaControllerApplication\MediaControllerApplication\WebServer.cs:line 32
    at MediaControllerApplication.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Parisis\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\MediaControllerApplication\MediaControllerApplication\Form1.cs:line 55
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MediaControllerApplication
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Espio/Documents/Downloads/Media%20Remote%20v2b/Media%20Remote%20v2b/MediaControllerApplication.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
  5.    #105  
    Okay that helps, I don't have the source code here but I will look at line causing the issue when I get home.

Odd question but you have an internet connection right.... in a command prompt type ipconfig....
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Okay that helps, I don't have the source code here but I will look at line causing the issue when I get home.

Odd question but you have an internet connection right.... in a command prompt type ipconfig....
    I hit connect, but nothing happens. I don't get an error message or anything. I'll try to attach this screen shot - hopefully this will help with the issue.

mediaremote_2009-05-08_132703.jpg

Does it let you hit connect? It should give a error message if the connection string is blank can you attach a screen shot?
    Other media player suggestion... VLC Media Player
  9.    #109  
    OKay I have a guess and I will look into tonight the one connection doesnt have a ipv4 which is what I am using and I am guessing that is causing the issue. let me harding the server and have you try that.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by jessbecker View Post
    I hit connect, but nothing happens. I don't get an error message or anything. I'll try to attach this screen shot - hopefully this will help with the issue.

mediaremote_2009-05-08_132703.jpg
    Jess I will send you a special build tonight to put on there that will ignore the cookie so it should default back to the way it was before, I would install that, then put the normal one back and give it a go.

Is your phone rooted and you be conformtable making a code change (commenting out the line that reads the cookie) or do you need a ipk?
    OKay I have a guess and I will look into tonight the one connection doesnt have a ipv4 which is what I am using and I am guessing that is causing the issue. let me harding the server and have you try that.
    btw i am having the same problem as espio....exactly the same problem
    You're the man. Thanks Tony! Unfortunately, I don't have the skills, so a ipk would be greatly apreciated. A donation is on its way.

Jess I will send you a special build tonight to put on there that will ignore the cookie so it should default back to the way it was before, I would install that, then put the normal one back and give it a go.

Is your phone rooted and you be conformtable making a code change (commenting out the line that reads the cookie) or do you need a ipk?
    Thanks for the MediaMonkey support! Hopefully the repeat feature will be fixed soon.
    so tony wut do i have to do if ur program gives me the .net error?
    To see if it is communicating with winamp at all, start playing a song in winamp and goto your browser and enter: HTTP://[YOUR_IP]:63342/currentSong and post the reply back.
    http://localhost:63342/currentSong gives me 'unable to connect' in Firefox. I can telnet to 63342 and when I type anything, including currentSong, it returns 'HTTP Error 400: The request verb is invalid'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    http://localhost:63342/currentSong gives me 'unable to connect' in Firefox. I can telnet to 63342 and when I type anything, including currentSong, it returns 'HTTP Error 400: The request verb is invalid'.
    localhost is not ur ip address
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    mine gives me an error also
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    mine gives me an error also
    Localhost:63342 will not work use one of the ip listed in the box from the server.
  19.    #119  
    Localhost:63342 will not work use one of the ip listed in the box from the server.
    I am uploading a new version of the server give that a try... not sure if it will fix the issue
    Last edited by tonyparisi; 08/09/2009 at 05:42 PM.
    i did and doesnt work....still gives me an error when loading from my pc