View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I can't run the exe file either.
    More information than that if you want assistance.
    While this is cool, it really does not replace my remote as it is now. I am just wondering if adding the ability, as I asked before, to view files and launch them is even being considered?

Being able to do that so I do not have to turn the TV on just to select music play lists, would really make it great. Same with video files so I do not have to play around with the mouse to select what shows I want to watch.

I only ask as, if it won't go beyond just pausing the media players, then I will stop following the thread and getting my hopes up. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  3.    #83  
    With some media players there will be the option to get the upcomming songs and push notifications for when the player changes. It all depends on what APIS are available for the different players. I do not believe you will see winamp any further then it is right now. Others should go further, if you want a feature a donation would be appreciated I enjoy coding and a challenge but i will not continually develop this for nothing as my time is valuable, or I will have to see about selling software. In the test phase I do have a list of the upcoming 5 songs so you can see it at least. I hope to get a set of goals for future release listed in my initial post and on the google site in the next week. Please give me time as I only have been working on this for a week and just made it available Monday.
    i still cant get it to work
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i still cant get it to work
    Again messages like this dont help me help you, Any error messages on the screen, what versions of .net do you have installed...? Help me help you.
    I'd love to see a SONOS controller for the Pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Again messages like this dont help me help you, Any error messages on the screen, what versions of .net do you have installed...? Help me help you.
    well it give me an error message when opening ur program on pc..
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    With some media players there will be the option to get the upcomming songs and push notifications for when the player changes. It all depends on what APIS are available for the different players. I do not believe you will see winamp any further then it is right now. Others should go further, if you want a feature a donation would be appreciated I enjoy coding and a challenge but i will not continually develop this for nothing as my time is valuable, or I will have to see about selling software. In the test phase I do have a list of the upcoming 5 songs so you can see it at least. I hope to get a set of goals for future release listed in my initial post and on the google site in the next week. Please give me time as I only have been working on this for a week and just made it available Monday.
    Your time is worth a donation man. I just want to make sure that what I will donate for will be considered ii
    I understand if it won't be, I just need to know.

I want a file browser that can see all my drives on the PC, including mapped ones. I want to be able to scroll and navigate my folders and when I see an .mp3, .avi or .ipk file I want o play I can select it and hit PLAY. Then the remote part kicks in for whatever player is being used.

It should be almost as easy as a simple FTP server except instead of transferring files it plays, or launches, them. Just do the equivalent of double clicking the file and let Windows do the rest.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well it give me an error message when opening ur program on pc..
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Make sure you run it as administrator. I still haven't gotten it working on Win7 but I think that is because I am at work on their network and the port isn't open. I will try it at home later.

Still, running as admin got rid of the .Net error on startup.
    Hope this thing will work w/ Boxee ;-D
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by djpeterman View Post
    Hope this thing will work w/ Boxee ;-D
    Sorry I dont think it ever will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    for ur app store release, i would suggest a pretty detailed help section. I'm guessing the majority of the people who will use this don't have an idea what port forwarding is...
    I would GREATLY appreciate a step by step on this one ... I cannot get it to work ... It a great app that I would like to get to use.
    I can't for the life of me get this to work with WinAmp. Using Windows Vista Home Premium. The server app is running. WinAmp is running with songs loaded in the playlist. Port 63342 is opened on my router. Windows firewall is turned off (but I added port 63342 to it anyway). On the pre the controls don't do anything, no error, nothing, just sits there, mocking me. Any suggestions?
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    I would GREATLY appreciate a step by step on this one ... I cannot get it to work ... It a great app that I would like to get to use.
    Working on a step-by-step as I get the chance now. Mainly how to run the .net app and how to setup the ports availability.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I am still having problems getting it to run on Vista Home Premium SP2.

Here are the two different error messages I am getting.
    when I start up the program:

I click continue and get:

When I click continue, it still doesn't work.

Let me know if you need more info.

This program works like a dream on XP (my desktop), I can't wait to get it running running on vista (my notebook).
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    I can't for the life of me get this to work with WinAmp. Using Windows Vista Home Premium. The server app is running. WinAmp is running with songs loaded in the playlist. Port 63342 is opened on my router. Windows firewall is turned off (but I added port 63342 to it anyway). On the pre the controls don't do anything, no error, nothing, just sits there, mocking me. Any suggestions?
    To see if it is communicating with winamp at all, start playing a song in winamp and goto your browser and enter: HTTP://[YOUR_IP]:63342/currentSong and post the reply back.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by espio View Post
    I am still having problems getting it to run on Vista Home Premium SP2.

Here are the two different error messages I am getting.
    when I start up the program:

I click continue and get:

When I click continue, it still doesn't work.

Let me know if you need more info.

This program works like a dream on XP (my desktop), I can't wait to get it running running on vista (my notebook).
    You need to be running the program as an administrator that is why you are getting the access denied. Since you are getting access denied it cant start the HTTP Listener and there is you second error, basicly it isnt setup to get messages from the pre.

SEE: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This is just awesome! You REALLY need to charge for this app, it's worth it!
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by davim00 View Post
    This is just awesome! You REALLY need to charge for this app, it's worth it!
    I was hoping people would donate... I may have to charge because people don't seem to donate. I am looking at setting up a shopping cart on amazon to sell it once the bugs are worked out here and I am out of beta.

-- If you donate let me know so if I switch to a pay app I will count your donation as a payment.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    You need to be running the program as an administrator that is why you are getting the access denied. Since you are getting access denied it cant start the HTTP Listener and there is you second error, basicly it isnt setup to get messages from the pre.

SEE: Always Start an Application in Administrator Mode on Windows Vista :: the How-To Geek
    When I run the program in administrator mode, this is the first error screen I see:

When I click continue, I get the same 2nd error message (as I did running it normal).
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast