View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

    7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

    7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

    20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

    10 22.73%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 484
  1. akarol's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    #41  
    MediaMonkey support please. It's one of the most popular music managers out there.
  2. #42  
    i can't get it to work either
  3. #43  
    Are you from Dutzow, Missouri?
    I just thought it was an odd port number so I figured it might be a zip code from where you live.
  4. #44  
    ok, call me stupid...
    but what advantage is there to controlling your media player from your Pre?

    AND......


    do you need to plug the pre into the computer with the USB cable if you don't use WiFi?

    Sorry for the dumb questions......lol
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    ok, call me stupid...
    but what advantage is there to controlling your media player from your Pre?

    AND......


    do you need to plug the pre into the computer with the USB cable if you don't use WiFi?

    Sorry for the dumb questions......lol
    i dont know wut the advantage of controlling it from ur pre is...but no u dont have to connect it to usb...the internet connection that ur pre has has to connect to the server im guessing of the program thats connectiong to the media service...(i think )
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    ok, call me stupid...
    but what advantage is there to controlling your media player from your Pre?

    AND......


    do you need to plug the pre into the computer with the USB cable if you don't use WiFi?

    Sorry for the dumb questions......lol
    Maybe... controlling your music while away from your computer? While laying in bed maybe?

    I'm trying to understand your second question. You don't need to plug your pre into the computer if your using wifi. If your not using wifi, this app would be kind of pointless. I hope that helps.
  7. #47  
    I'm struggling to get this working too. I am sure that it is the port forwarding aspect. I have the .exe running on my pc, i see my ip and entered it in the app on Pre.
    Also went forwarded port on my linksys router (i think) bye typing in 63342 into external and internal port, selected 'both' for protocol and entered my ip from my pc into the ip address.
    I get nothing on my pre controlling it. A little help please.
  8. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #48  
    great app... didnt see an option to shuffle, also, in a later version it would be sweet if you could add songs in a queue, like a Request list. already starting off as an amazing app, i didnt think anyone was gunna implement winamp :-D
  9. #49  
    the only application I could use this for is when my band plays a gig, we use winamp to DJ music inbetween sets.

    it would be nice to be able to control winamp from my Pre...
    but from what I'm getting from this, is that I will need a wifi connection to make this work.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    the only application I could use this for is when my band plays a gig, we use winamp to DJ music inbetween sets.

    it would be nice to be able to control winamp from my Pre...
    but from what I'm getting from this, is that I will need a wifi connection to make this work.
    I think you might be able to put your laptop in ad hoc mode (assuming it has wifi) and connect the Pre to it?

    Of course this would probably kill your internet connection (on the Pre) and any updates for apps (since it would see wifi and try to route through that)

    Maybe add an option (in this app) to use wifi in ad hoc and keep EDVO going similar to how My Tether uses wifi to share EDVO?
  11. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    #51  
    you guys are all over the place with your suggestions. just remember you can't please everyone!
  12. dustiq's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #52  
    Foobar support por favor
  13. Sensai28's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Currently working on:
    XBMC (This will be through the same pc server proxy)
    -- Hope to have this added by end of week, I don't have XBMC so I will need testers.
    I'm a huge fan of XBMC, and I would love for your app to work with it.
  14. #54  
    Well I downloaded winamp to give this a shot and it works perfect, would be awesome to have list of songs in playlist and ability to add songs to your playlist

    I agree with a few other port forwarding can be a problem and vlc would be great =)

    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    I'm struggling to get this working too. I am sure that it is the port forwarding aspect. I have the .exe running on my pc, i see my ip and entered it in the app on Pre.
    Also went forwarded port on my linksys router (i think) bye typing in 63342 into external and internal port, selected 'both' for protocol and entered my ip from my pc into the ip address.
    I get nothing on my pre controlling it. A little help please.
    vicini sounds like you forwarded the port correctly i would look at your firewall even if it is windows fw and and an exception there just in case
    once you got the app on your computer running select which app then select your computers ip and start connection

    run app on pre put in your computers ip you selected before starting and connect

    hope that helps
  15. #55  
    Thanks for working on this.


    I'd also like to suggest support for Media Monkey.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by mt3ck View Post
    Well I downloaded winamp to give this a shot and it works perfect, would be awesome to have list of songs in playlist and ability to add songs to your playlist

    I agree with a few other port forwarding can be a problem and vlc would be great =)



    vicini sounds like you forwarded the port correctly i would look at your firewall even if it is windows fw and and an exception there just in case
    once you got the app on your computer running select which app then select your computers ip and start connection

    run app on pre put in your computers ip you selected before starting and connect

    hope that helps
    Just had to allow the port in Windows Firewall that was it. Awesome.
    This works just like a remote, perfect for controlling tunes from my pc inside while grilling and hanging out outside. Room for improvement but so promising.
  17. #57  
    iTunes supports a network device to control it without any extra applications. It would be great to have it set up like that. iPhones, iPod touches and G1's can currently use it. For the G1 there is an app called gMote.
  18. #58  
    I am totally up for testing xbmc control. I'm assuming this will cover all versions of xbmc on all systems? Linux windows mac xbox apple tv live, etc... Looks like a very promising app!
  19. #59  
    I would be interested in testing XBMC I got an HTPC that I control with a harmony remote would be cool to control with my Pre too.

    I would also suggest supporting Boxee too.
  20. #60  
    iTunes for Mac soon?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions