View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    anyone able to control their powerpoint presentations with this? this is a big need for me. thanks.
    Read about PC Control in thisthread. Just how much can you control on the PC with this? (meaning just with non-media programs)
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    When I try to install this from the app catalog I just keep getting 'Download again for Free' instead of the app actually installing. Looking in the reviews, at least one other person is having the same issue.

I don't recall ever installing this before, especially since I never bought the server app

Is this something on Palm's side then?
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    When I try to install this from the app catalog I just keep getting 'Download again for Free' instead of the app actually installing. Looking in the reviews, at least one other person is having the same issue.

I don't recall ever installing this before, especially since I never bought the server app

Is this something on Palm's side then?
    I had the same problem. I just downloaded the homebrew version. I belive they're the same.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    So I've tried everything I can try and this still doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 7 with my firewall off and it won't connect from the Pre.

I know I have it set up correctly. What gives?

I've tried running the server on two different laptops on the same network with the same exact results. I am able to do the server test from another laptop. Here's what i get

{operation:"currentSong",'serverVersion': 4.1,'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':true,'currentSong':{"trackNumber":"","song":"Deat hly (Feat. Juliana Hatfield)","artist":"Aimee Mann","album":"Bachelor No. 2","path":"940"},'volume':86,'repeatMethod':'all',}

any help would be great. otherwise that's 5 dollars down the toilet.
    Last edited by wmurch3; 12/11/2009 at 08:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I had the same problem. I just downloaded the homebrew version. I belive they're the same.
    I mainly wanted to try the Mouse Pad feature on the Palm catalog version...
    Downloaded and used for the first time tonight with Itunes. Once I got it set up, worked quite well. The mousepad is a really nice touch. Is there any chance you are considering Zune support? That would be awesome
    Does any one know if this works for boxee? The developer wrote on the boxee froum asking for testers because he wasnt sure. I emailed him but he never responded. I would get this if it worked for boxee.
    So I bought it and I'm pretty happy. I'm using it with a new home server (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) connected to my plasma, and really enjoying the pc control functionality it allows. The only things I really needed to do to get it working were go into Windows firewall with advanced security and create 2 new inbound rules, one each for TCP and UDP,allowing traffic from all remote ports into local port 63342. I left it open on private networks only. Also, make sure to run as admin. After that, I was able to connect to my server's ip with pretty much no problem. If you're connecting to a server or HTPC, I recommend using a static IP, so that you won't have to check it each time. I did not need to change any setting on the router, as traffic is only routing on my internal network, from the Pre on wi-fi to the PC.

There are a lot of things that would make this app even more killer:
    --Better documentation, both for setup (only as so many people seem to have a lot of problems - i didn't, but then I'm a systems admin...) and also the deeper features in the app and the idiosyncracies between the media players.

--Better keyboard support; as far as i can tell, there's no Enter, Win, Control, Alt, or Escape. I think it might be tough to implement all of those keys, but Enter? come on! I know shift works though.

--Two finger scrolling, like the macbook trackpad. This would be KILLER, and I would think do-able, as the pre is multitouch. Right now there is no good way to scroll, a major inconvenience, and the two finger scroll would be easy and wicked. could be hard to implement, but would be so nice.

--Landscape mode for PC Control would be great...more like a real touchpad!

--would be nice if you could hold down the left or right button and scroll with the touchpad at the same time, ie for highlighting text!

--I would really like to see the PC control portion either completely integrated into the app, or completely separated as a separate app/launch icon. Media control and touchpad/keyboard are totally separate, and it's a pain having to open the app, connect, hit the menu, hit pc control, and then start working! If it was integrated, you could just have two buttons (or a drop-down menu) at the top for media remote and PC control. seems easy enough, it's done in plenty of apps, and I really can't see any reason for needing two separate cards for it.

--I noticed a little issue; when UAC interrupts an action, the touchpad no longer works, i have to switch to a mouse or keyboard to give permission, then the touchpad comes back to life. Having to switch back for anything is less than desirable!

--would love to see support for foobar & songbird.

--I took a look at the VLC Remote free app, and I have to say it has a very nice interface and can do a few more things than the remote portion of media remote, such as scrub through a track/video, and one feature i was really impressed with was the ability to browse the files on the PC from the app! That is awesome, and would be sweet if that could be implemented...but that seems less crucial. Still awesome though. In fact, if VLC Remote wasn't limited to just one app and supported multiple like yours, AND if the PC control portion of media remote was separated out into a separate app, I would probably use the combination of those two and I would really have a powerhouse of control in the Pre!

--Oh, and I second the auto-minimize. I plan on making the server an auto-startup item, and it really should just minimize to taskbar/systray.

--Also - I just got this set up and working tonight, and I had the same problem with the app catalog downloading, flashing installed for a split second, then saying download again. I had to download from preware and it installed fine. I believe it's the same version.

All in all, a very cool app, great work so far, and I hope you will honor those of us who have paid you for it and continue to improve it!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by solid801; 12/16/2009 at 02:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    So I've tried everything I can try and this still doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 7 with my firewall off and it won't connect from the Pre.

I know I have it set up correctly. What gives?

I've tried running the server on two different laptops on the same network with the same exact results. I am able to do the server test from another laptop. Here's what i get

{operation:"currentSong",'serverVersion': 4.1,'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':true,'currentSong':{"trackNumber":"","song":"Deat hly (Feat. Juliana Hatfield)","artist":"Aimee Mann","album":"Bachelor No. 2","path":"940"},'volume':86,'repeatMethod':'all',}

any help would be great. otherwise that's 5 dollars down the toilet.
    Contact them through their site, they respond fast with support.
    Please add support for GOM player ^^

GOM

Thanks
    I know it was said before but I would also like multitouch capabilities for pc control. Specifically two things.
    1. be able to click and hold mouse button and use touchpad for dragging and such.
    2. do the two finger page scrolling like mac touchpads do.

So far i love this application. It is going to work perfect for my car pc. I am actually typing this using the application right now. haha.
    Doubletwist
    happy new year!

tony - where'd you go? is this app dead, no future development planned? That's not exactly what i was hoping for when I BOUGHT it!!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Any news on mac support or a future mac version? I have a mac mini in a media closet in another room, and my bluetooth mouse and keyboard are just too far away for it to be functional.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    bump
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by solid801 View Post
    happy new year!

tony - where'd you go? is this app dead, no future development planned? That's not exactly what i was hoping for when I BOUGHT it!!!
    Sorry no, Once we got it in the application catalog I did stop watching this post as heavily and we needed to focus on support for tons new users. Version 2.0 is in homebrew now, app catalog soon, it took a bit more work to get pc view and control working then I thought it would.
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by solid801 View Post
    So I bought it and I'm pretty happy. I'm using it with a new home server (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) connected to my plasma, and really enjoying the pc control functionality it allows. The only things I really needed to do to get it working were go into Windows firewall with advanced security and create 2 new inbound rules, one each for TCP and UDP,allowing traffic from all remote ports into local port 63342. I left it open on private networks only. Also, make sure to run as admin. After that, I was able to connect to my server's ip with pretty much no problem. If you're connecting to a server or HTPC, I recommend using a static IP, so that you won't have to check it each time. I did not need to change any setting on the router, as traffic is only routing on my internal network, from the Pre on wi-fi to the PC.

There are a lot of things that would make this app even more killer:
    --Better documentation, both for setup (only as so many people seem to have a lot of problems - i didn't, but then I'm a systems admin...) and also the deeper features in the app and the idiosyncracies between the media players.

--Better keyboard support; as far as i can tell, there's no Enter, Win, Control, Alt, or Escape. I think it might be tough to implement all of those keys, but Enter? come on! I know shift works though.

--Two finger scrolling, like the macbook trackpad. This would be KILLER, and I would think do-able, as the pre is multitouch. Right now there is no good way to scroll, a major inconvenience, and the two finger scroll would be easy and wicked. could be hard to implement, but would be so nice.

--Landscape mode for PC Control would be great...more like a real touchpad!

--would be nice if you could hold down the left or right button and scroll with the touchpad at the same time, ie for highlighting text!

--I would really like to see the PC control portion either completely integrated into the app, or completely separated as a separate app/launch icon. Media control and touchpad/keyboard are totally separate, and it's a pain having to open the app, connect, hit the menu, hit pc control, and then start working! If it was integrated, you could just have two buttons (or a drop-down menu) at the top for media remote and PC control. seems easy enough, it's done in plenty of apps, and I really can't see any reason for needing two separate cards for it.

--I noticed a little issue; when UAC interrupts an action, the touchpad no longer works, i have to switch to a mouse or keyboard to give permission, then the touchpad comes back to life. Having to switch back for anything is less than desirable!

--would love to see support for foobar & songbird.

--I took a look at the VLC Remote free app, and I have to say it has a very nice interface and can do a few more things than the remote portion of media remote, such as scrub through a track/video, and one feature i was really impressed with was the ability to browse the files on the PC from the app! That is awesome, and would be sweet if that could be implemented...but that seems less crucial. Still awesome though. In fact, if VLC Remote wasn't limited to just one app and supported multiple like yours, AND if the PC control portion of media remote was separated out into a separate app, I would probably use the combination of those two and I would really have a powerhouse of control in the Pre!

--Oh, and I second the auto-minimize. I plan on making the server an auto-startup item, and it really should just minimize to taskbar/systray.

--Also - I just got this set up and working tonight, and I had the same problem with the app catalog downloading, flashing installed for a split second, then saying download again. I had to download from preware and it installed fine. I believe it's the same version.

All in all, a very cool app, great work so far, and I hope you will honor those of us who have paid you for it and continue to improve it!!!

Thanks
    FYI we are looking to make a standalone for the scene that has pc control now that we have the 3 functions.
    trying to install this from the app catalog but the pre app never finishes installing. it just says "installing..." on the download bar after download completes... adn it hangs forever! until I reboot and then it's gone and I need to redownload, and it hangs again on installing. what a pain.

i bought the server side piece, but the palm pre app won't install. I emailed help at the engine=car web site, hope they can give the ipk directly for install with webos quick install
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by hans2vt View Post
    trying to install this from the app catalog but the pre app never finishes installing. it just says "installing..." on the download bar after download completes... adn it hangs forever! until I reboot and then it's gone and I need to redownload, and it hangs again on installing. what a pain.

i bought the server side piece, but the palm pre app won't install. I emailed help at the engine=car web site, hope they can give the ipk directly for install with webos quick install
    There is an issue with preware if the same app is in homebrew and the catalog I just updated homebrew with a different app id please refresh the listings in preware and see if it solves the problem.
    here is the picture of how it's stuck on "installing" and stays there forever
    Attached Images Attached Images