View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
    Foobar2000 integration would be VERY much appreciated! Am heading to your site to buy the software RIGHT NOW!

Thanks so much,

DL
  2.    #402  
    Thank you and look for the app for the pre in the app store very soon. For all of you who have it currently please write a review in the app store when it comes out. Those first 10-20 review really set the pace for an app currently.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    After fighting with this for a good part of the day, I finally got it to work. Where is the documentation? Seems pretty reasonable that SOME kind of documentation be available given the complexity of setting this up (demonstrated by this thread) and the relatively (for the app catalog anyway) price for this.

Anyway, aside from just getting this to work, I am still a bit baffled by the interface on the Pre. I'm running iTunes with it and it seems as though the "playlist" is just a list of all my songs, maybe in alphabetical order by artist, but I'm not sure about that. Is there no way to actually select an iTunes playlist specifically? When I type a playlist name that I have into the main playlist screen in the Pre, it doesn't bring that up, just a list of songs that match what I just typed in. The "support matrix" on your site lists "See All Created Playlists" but how?? Also what does "Control Mouse thru on screen track pad." mean? Again, zero documentation. I'm a developer and have been using computers and smartphones for ages, yet I'm still baffled at how to do things here. Are there commands (keys, gestures, etc.) that I'm missing? Is there some link to documentation that I simply skipped over somewhere? Please help.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Can you upload a trial version or something? I would like to try it before buying.

thanks
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    After fighting with this for a good part of the day, I finally got it to work. Where is the documentation? Seems pretty reasonable that SOME kind of documentation be available given the complexity of setting this up (demonstrated by this thread) and the relatively (for the app catalog anyway) price for this.

Anyway, aside from just getting this to work, I am still a bit baffled by the interface on the Pre. I'm running iTunes with it and it seems as though the "playlist" is just a list of all my songs, maybe in alphabetical order by artist, but I'm not sure about that. Is there no way to actually select an iTunes playlist specifically? When I type a playlist name that I have into the main playlist screen in the Pre, it doesn't bring that up, just a list of songs that match what I just typed in. The "support matrix" on your site lists "See All Created Playlists" but how?? Also what does "Control Mouse thru on screen track pad." mean? Again, zero documentation. I'm a developer and have been using computers and smartphones for ages, yet I'm still baffled at how to do things here. Are there commands (keys, gestures, etc.) that I'm missing? Is there some link to documentation that I simply skipped over somewhere? Please help.
    In the application menu (upper right) there is the option to choose view playlists or control pc. We are currently working on more documentation. Sorry we are learning what to put in based on questions recieved. This thread is mainly related to when it was beta.
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Can you upload a trial version or something? I would like to try it before buying.

thanks
    We are looking into a trial that the server will only run 15 minutes without being restarted but we dont have that done yet sorry. Hope to have it soon.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Looking forward to it, it's one of the apps I'm interested in.
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    Looking forward to it, it's one of the apps I'm interested in.
    This app is now available via precentral and the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Zune support and- I know it's a long shot but- OSX version of the server?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Finally got it working here. The big step I was missing was launching the media player of choice first. I just wanted the PC Control functionality.

Any chance of adding an option for PC Control only without having to connect with a media player?

Thanks for all your work!!!! Been controlling Hulu on the big screen tonight from the couch. Works great!
    I seem to be losing the connection after about 30-45 minutes. I have to then restart the server to get it going again. Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix it? Help would be much appreaciated...Thanks!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    In the application menu (upper right) there is the option to choose view playlists or control pc. We are currently working on more documentation. Sorry we are learning what to put in based on questions recieved. This thread is mainly related to when it was beta.
    Ok, now I feel a bit dumb for not seeing this. That makes things a lot more usable. I still have a few qualms, but I'm not sure if they are just things that I'm not seeing due to not understanding the app well enough, but here goes:

I can play something in my playlist and it will go to the next item after it finishes, but the track forward does not seem to work while something is actually playing. I can can pause, then hit it, then play and it will start playing the next one though. I can also go to the actual list of tracks and select something new and it will play even if another track was in the middle of playing. Not sure if this is an intermittant bug or what. I'll have to keep trying it.

I know you don't have push notification of currently playing track, and I eagerly await that, but there are a couple of related issues. One is the ability to go back not to the beginning of the track or the previous track, but x number of seconds prior to when pause was hit. A lot of what I listen to is spoken word stuff (mostly podcasts), and when I get interrupted - say the phone rings or whatever - I am fumbling to pause the audio while going to grab the phone (or worse trying to do both on the Pre!). Of course those 5-10 seconds are lost, and if the audio is important to me I really want to go back and relisten to what I missed. I assume having a dynamic FF/RW control might be a bit problematic? If so, could you at least consider a "Go back 10 seconds" or something like that button? Maybe even have it be a configurable number of seconds if that's not too honorous?

The other thing about listening to longer audio like that, is that it's really useful to know where you are timewise. I don't know if when you get push working for the track changes if you could also update the screen to show where you are in the track, but that would be ideal - something to mimic the actual scrubbing control of the music app. If not, at the very least having the total track time?

Another idea for you guys in case you need more enhancement ideas ;-) Make the various metadata on the currently open track clickable - it could open a new card that is essentially a search for that artist/album/song through the entire media library.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Other Media Player suggestion... J. River Media Center?

Thank your for the work
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Again I'll echo others comments... Flippin awesome once it gets working... For me in windows 7 it took quite a bit of configuring.

Oh and if the sensitivity of the pc control pad would be increased a bit, it would be great.
    Last edited by Tibfib; 12/01/2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Where is the support? I emailed support about my issues not getting this to work and I have not gotten a response.
    I cannot get this to work on windows vista 32bit.
    I don't know what program to start first (server or pre or media player)
    When I start the server it shows my local IP regardless of what I put in the pre.
    I have allowed the program as an exception in windows firewall and run as admin.
    It's not clear should I use my internet ip or use wireless connection and local network ip.
    The ports are open on the router and I have allowed 80 and 8080 on the firewall.
    It is not connecting. A readme in the zip file would be helpful.
    Do you have plans to support spotify?
    I am responding here so others can benefit. These simple instructions IMHO should be included with the server download so it isn't such a .
    After following the download and extract/create shortcut instructions:
    (Vista 32bit/Windows Media Player) Right-click the server app shortcut, select properties, Compatibility, check Run as administrator. (I happen to have mine also in compatibility mode for XPSP2 but that may not be necessary).
    In Control panel, open Windows Firewall, click Allow a program through firewall. In the popup settings click Add, then browse to the Media Remote program, click OK, make sure what you added is checked in the list. Then click Add Port, add port 63342 (unless server app tells you otherwise) give it whatever name you want, click OK and also make sure it's in the list and checked. Click OK and get out of firewall settings and control panel.
    1. Open your media player
    2. Open the server app, choose your media player, check the box and click Start.
    FYI the server app should show your local IP
    3. On your Pre, turn on WiFi and connect to your local network.
    4. Launch the Media Remote app, tap the address area and type in the IP shown in the server app which should be your local network IP. (If your Pre is not on your wifi network please contact support for help with connecting through your router using your computer's internet IP.)
    5. Tap Connect and after a few moments you should connect and you'll have the media player interface come up.
    My experience is the trackpad mouse in PC Control you have to press more firmly on your Pre than you would expect, so if it doesn't appear to work you may need to apply more pressure and move your finger slower.

Anyway I hope this helps others like me who just needed to know the basic steps to get the Media Remote app going.
    Did you ever find an API for the Rhapsody player?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I've succeeded at connecting Media Remote to my PC. I have the media player interface and I can control my PC with the track pad.
    Yet, the View Full Playlist gives me nothing. The screen is empty, even after clicking refresh.
    I have launched my media player before the media remote though.
    Anyone have the same issue?
    Please someone could help me. Thanks.

Edit: I'm using Windows Media Player
    Last edited by phil71; 12/06/2009 at 10:37 AM.
    anyone able to control their powerpoint presentations with this? this is a big need for me. thanks.