View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Thank you I know you will enjoy it and please let me know on enhancements you would like to see to the application. At engine equals car we take a lot of pride in our applications to make them the best possible not just turn out a application to make a quick buck like unfortunately some other other developers seem to.
    I like it. It's a bit sluggish at times, but that may be my setup. The replication of the trackpad on my pre is really neat, but of limited usefullness (until I install it on my HTPC that is).
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I finally got this app working on my Vista 64 system. Worked on XP without any adjustments. These have been mentioned earlier, but if you are using Vista 64, you should be sure to make the following changes to your system if you are having trouble getting the app to connect to the server.

- Set the program you are trying to control to run in administrator mode

- Open the port listed in the Media Controller Server window on your router

- Add the server program to the list of allowed programs in your firewall software

- Add the port listed in the Media Controller Server window in your firewall software

Once I made these changes the app connected immediately and worked flawlessly. I can control via my home network or the internet. I am currently using it with WMP and WMC, but plan to checkout Media Monkey. Great app!! Well worth the asking price.
    With the 4.1 upgrade to the server the iTunes playlists work fine. The automatic start works also, but one needs to add the server to the Windows startup folder (in XP - haven't tested it with Vista).

I can't believe that I was the only one to mention the playlist problem. One other thing I have noted is that it sometimes takes three times to connect to the server. That may be, of course, related to my wifi rather than to the app/server.

Thanks for all your hard work. Now if I can only figure out a way to pause iTunes when my Homeseer server speaks. That is not a problem with your app but related to the fact that two different programs are accessing the sound card.

Tony
  4.    #364  
    Thanks for all the great comments.

If you like please help support the app by recommending it to others... Or giving it 5 stars on the homebrew.

-- Thanks for all the current users support.
    How do I order? I think there is supposed to be a link on your website but it shows up with an error on your main page, "No container specified.
    Error 404" in a little white box.

Can I install this on both of my PCs if I order it?
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    How do I order? I think there is supposed to be a link on your website but it shows up with an error on your main page, "No container specified.
    Error 404" in a little white box.

Can I install this on both of my PCs if I order it?
    Yes you can install on both of your pc's.

To purchase goto: Home (Media Remote)
    and click buy now on the right hand side. Where (url) were you going to that got a 404. I think it was a bad link. If google sites is having a issue you can go directly to the pay pal page at:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=7749919
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Yes you can install on both of your pc's.

To purchase goto: Home (Media Remote)
    and click buy now on the right hand side. Where (url) were you going to that got a 404. I think it was a bad link. If google sites is having a issue you can go directly to the pay pal page at:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=7749919
    The paypal link worked, thanks.

I think the issue is probably with NoScript for Firefox. Your site works fine, just the link to paypal doesn't work. It shows up with an error.
    Using Firefox 3.5.2 with NoScript 1.9.8.7
    Hey guys, I dont know what i'm doing wrong. I followed all the instructions on the website. I right clicked, made it the administrator, etc..

But I still get this error:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...AREMOTEPIC.jpg

I dont know what to do, or how to fix it. I paid for this program so I would like for it to work.

Please help me figure this out.

Thank you.
  9.    #369  
    Sorry about the delay responding, I dont watch the forums as closely now...

This error occurs when the application is trying to connect to the media player. Microsoft state this is when applications with different access restrictions are trying to communicate so there are a couple of trouble shooting items to do:

I noticed you are using media monkey (this happens some times with itunes as well) when you launch the server insure that you have the media player closed, Itunes and media monkey it will create the player when you click start. That most likly will fix the problem.

If not let see if there is a issue with you media monkey installation or more like window user access control(uac) getting in the way. So try disabling uac and see if that works.

Thirdly another way around this may be to have media monkey open when opening the player but you need to run media monkey with admin privledges. this can be done the same way you did the server (make shortcut and say run as admin).

Let me know if that fixes your issue. If you still are having issues email me (respond to the server purchase confirmation) and I try to respond quickly to people (as quick as my day job allowsm normally within 1 hour).
    do you have a demo version so I can ttry it out?
    Any chance of controlling the Rhapsody player?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    I'd buy this in a second if I could get it to work. No matter what I do on my router, no matter what kind of compatibility mode...never connects. Sucks because I have parties on my roof deck but the media center is down on the first floor and I hate going down and back up two flights just to skip a song.
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I'd buy this in a second if I could get it to work. No matter what I do on my router, no matter what kind of compatibility mode...never connects. Sucks because I have parties on my roof deck but the media center is down on the first floor and I hate going down and back up two flights just to skip a song.
    Without a purchased version it wont run anylonger. A blanket I cant get this to work doesnt help either. If you would like me to work through your issues with you i would be more then willing to help. We have over 100 purchases and we have worked with any of them having isuues to get it working fir them. So email or pm me and i can help you out
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by threestrongs View Post
    Any chance of controlling the Rhapsody player?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Havent looked to see if there is an api for it I will look
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by soljarag View Post
    do you have a demo version so I can ttry it out?
    unfortunately we do not have a free demo. If people have issues it is installation and configuration not usage. so offering a free demo is not very feasible as we give support to any one who purchases on how to get it installed. I dont have time to support people trying with a free trial and if people cant get installation support they will be turned away if they have any issues even if they are simple to fix. More issues are easy to resolve and get resolved in one correspondence.

If we cannot get it the server working we will refund your purchase. I am happy to say we have not had to give 1 refund to date.
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    actually a note about wmc you must have the media player running prior to the server program.
    What kind of controls are available for XBMC?

Thanks,
    Alex
    I like the program and it is a really cool concept and useful to me as I use my pc to watch movies very often. The one problem I have is if I am watching a movie it stops working. Lets say I want to pause or raise/lower volume I grab my Pre and unlock it. The app is still loaded but it doesn't do anything, media player does not respond. Does it time out? Am I doing something wrong? I can get it to work again if I unload the server and restart it, but this would defeat my purpose. I was hoping to use this as a remote control when I watch movies.
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
    What kind of controls are available for XBMC?

Thanks,
    Alex
    The limitations of XBMC is that when you browse all playlists and select a playlist it cannot show you the contents of the playlist. It can for the currently playing and the upcoming songs however.

A note with XBMC while XBMC doesnt need to run on a windows pc the server does and the web interface needs to be enabled for xbmc.
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    I like the program and it is a really cool concept and useful to me as I use my pc to watch movies very often. The one problem I have is if I am watching a movie it stops working. Lets say I want to pause or raise/lower volume I grab my Pre and unlock it. The app is still loaded but it doesn't do anything, media player does not respond. Does it time out? Am I doing something wrong? I can get it to work again if I unload the server and restart it, but this would defeat my purpose. I was hoping to use this as a remote control when I watch movies.
    It should not time out. If you close the app on the pre and reopen does it work then? Are you trying to control it prior to the wifi on the pre waking back up and the time to stop/start the server the wifi is active again?

Also what media player are you controlling so I can try and replicate the issue.