View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    I'd pay $10 for this in a second if I could ever get it to work. Tried everything with my network and computer and phone but it never connects. Keep up the good work because this is a very useful idea for an app. I just think that before you sell it, you ought to do more testing. People will pay for something that is turnkey and works out of the box but they won't pay to maybe have something that might work with the right tweaks and settings but maybe not if they have the wrong kind of computer or setup.

Just my 2.
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I'd pay $10 for this in a second if I could ever get it to work. Tried everything with my network and computer and phone but it never connects. Keep up the good work because this is a very useful idea for an app. I just think that before you sell it, you ought to do more testing. People will pay for something that is turnkey and works out of the box but they won't pay to maybe have something that might work with the right tweaks and settings but maybe not if they have the wrong kind of computer or setup.

Just my 2.
    Please email me at tonyparisi@gmail.com. I would bet we can get this going pretty quickly for you. With very liitle support many people have purchased and gotten installed and I would be more then willing to help you with the install if you are having issues. The problems people are having 100% of the time have been home network and/or firewall related a few simple steps and we normally can get right trough those but all the possible scenarios can not be documented and sometimes need to be worked on a one-on-one basis.

As a note I think only 1 or 2 people that have purchased have had an install issues and ALL have gotten it to work.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I might be willing to pay for a license for this application one day, but I wouldn't call it a "donation."
  4.    #344  
    It is a purchase (buy now). I need to remove the donation wording from the first post, I have been lacking on keeping that up.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I like it. When I get paid, I'll support for sure. I was wondering if there would be way to support Pandora One. So I can control Pandora remotely on my PC so I can manage stations from my pre while at home/office.... Pandora makes it pretty easy to open source with them...
    will this work with Media Center, and can I use it to set what programs to record? I use our desktop computer as a dvr and would like a way to set/change the scheduled programs without having to go to the desktop.
    I purchased the server app yesterday. The program certainly works but I have several problems.

First, it appears that one must input the music application to control each time the server is started. This presents a problem since I am running this on a computer dedicated to my Homeseer home automation program which is set to reboot every few days (don't ask ;-) ). This is the computer which is connected to the speakers around the house. Is there a way to make the app to control default to the most recently selected so that the server can be automatically restarted on reboot?

Second, while the Pre shows me the playlists when I use Itunes, it doesn't show any with WMP. Could this be version dependent (I'm using 11.0....).

Third, while the Pre shows me my Itunes playlists, when I open one of them the songs are from a different playlist! I haven't yet found any obvious correlation as to which playlist songs are shown. I have, in the past, rearranged the order of my playlists to have the most used at the beginning of the list -- perhaps this is causing the problem.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. This has the makings of a "killer app".

Thanks.

Tony
  8.    #348  
    I am playing on version 4.1 of the server to put in a auto start check box, I am testing it now. So if you have that checked the next time the application starts it will automatically start the same application as you were running the last time. It was buggy so I had to pull it from the 4.0 release.

As far as the playlist showing a different playlist I am not sure or why it is not showing anything for windows media player. Let me play around with it a little tonight and I will let you know what I find.

Question for ALL:
    Has anyone else experienced the issue with playlist?
    Thanks. If there is any information I can provide please ask. I'd be happy to test out the 4.1 if that would help.

Tony

Added: 13:45 CDT 31 Aug

I just found that the playlists will play the ninth playlist below the one selected. This seems to be consistent. TT
    Last edited by atalbert; 08/31/2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Addition
    It would be great if I could control Plex on my mac with this.
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4plaay View Post
    It would be great if I could control Plex on my mac with this.
    Unfortunately i am not a mac developer so for the time being this is pc only. If someone is a mac developer and would like to work with me on implementing the server on a mac let me know.
    Last edited by tonyparisi; 09/01/2009 at 08:14 AM.
    OK, here's what I've done so far to troubleshoot the problem. I installed the server on my main computer (Vista 64) and still had the problem with iTunes playlist but the playlists from WMP did appear.

Next, I deleted all the iTunes playlists on my automation computer (XP MCE) and added several back. Still had the playlist problem. I then deleted the iTunes Library itl and xml files and rebuilt them. Still the same problem.

Next to eliminate a machine dependent problem I loaded iTunes on one of my laptops (Vista 32), transferred over about 190 music files, and made several playlists. Still the same problem. Media Remote will show the names of the playlists and the number of tracks in them but will not open the correct playlist. Obviously the problem is not related to a specific computer, OS or a corrupted iTunes.

Finally, I deleted Media Remote from my Pre. Did a reboot and reinstalled it. Interestingly, the last ip address that I had been using still showed up in the ip entry box -- implying to me that something is left behind after deleting the app.

BTW, the "View Full Playlist" button will call up the entire library.

Any ideas?

Tony
  13.    #353  
    There is a bug in the server sorry my bad. But great catch!!! I hope to have a fixed version out tommarrow night, Sorry I need to make sure I dont break anything else. As a plus I think autostart will be included in that build.

XBMC support will be very close behind I am having a few issues that seem to be quirks in XBMC that I may not be able to get around from viewing the contents of a playlist and starting play if the player is stopped... May have to start a playlist.. I am working on it and hope to have a couple of releases this week.
    Hi,

After all this, I finally tried downloading Media Monkey. It works fine! I've never been a big fan of iTunes anyway ;-)

Now that I can actually see and control playlists this app is great! My main interest is that, when I am outside by the pool or grill, I can, at the spur of the moment, play whatever I want. My home automation system is set up to play playlists via WMP but I need to remember to bring my X-10 control pad outside with me. Media Remote eliminates that need. Good job and thanks! As one who has been programming since the first Apple ][ 25 years ago I know how much work goes into a good program.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Tony
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    With all the issues still floating around (understanding this is a work in progress), the inability to try it out for free (for a week, say), is a deal breaker for many people.
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by houtx View Post
    With all the issues still floating around (understanding this is a work in progress), the inability to try it out for free (for a week, say), is a deal breaker for many people.
    On the 31st a bug in the new bug was found in the new version but that is the only outstanding issue, which is being fixed now.

The only issue people are having now are installation and unfortunately offer a free 1 week trial doesn't help with that because I cant support people in a free trial i just don't have the time.

I give immediate support for those who have purchased and we have been able to get everyone as far as I know up and running usually on the first exchange of emails.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    On the 31st a bug in the new bug was found in the new version but that is the only outstanding issue, which is being fixed now.

The only issue people are having now are installation and unfortunately offer a free 1 week trial doesn't help with that because I cant support people in a free trial i just don't have the time.

I give immediate support for those who have purchased and we have been able to get everyone as far as I know up and running usually on the first exchange of emails.
    Okay. I'll take a chance with $5. You seem friendly enough. :-) And since the itunesremote guy had a time out on his, and didn't update the software before everyone's expired, well, I'll try something new.
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by houtx View Post
    Okay. I'll take a chance with $5. You seem friendly enough. :-) And since the itunesremote guy had a time out on his, and didn't update the software before everyone's expired, well, I'll try something new.
    Thank you I know you will enjoy it and please let me know on enhancements you would like to see to the application. At engine equals car we take a lot of pride in our applications to make them the best possible not just turn out a application to make a quick buck like unfortunately some other other developers seem to.
    Just updated to 0.8.1 and I still see the same problem -- selecting a playlist in iTunes results in songs from a different playlist.

Media Monkey still working fine.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I hope that Mac users will get an 'intro' price chance when it finally shows up...