View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Right, but for convenience have a favorites that just displays a button w/ name and enters all the info for you. Nice buttons for "My Comp Wifi", "My Comp Web" and "Bro's Comp Web" so I won't have to enter and keep track of ips and associated ports.
    Last edited by sparkkticus; 08/21/2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello all.
    I used this program successfully a couple weeks ago. Then I loaded the latest version of the app onto my pre (v0.7) and I continually get an error message on the pre that says ...must use server version 3 or later... The file I am using says v3b.zip. When I hover over the .exe it says 1.0.0.0.
    Any thoughts?
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdramick View Post
    Hello all.
    I used this program successfully a couple weeks ago. Then I loaded the latest version of the app onto my pre (v0.7) and I continually get an error message on the pre that says ...must use server version 3 or later... The file I am using says v3b.zip. When I hover over the .exe it says 1.0.0.0.
    Any thoughts?
    Can you post the string from ip:63342/currentSong here. If you are using version 3 the response should say serverVersion:3... Otherwise it is not the correct version
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    {operation:"currentSong",'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':true,'currentSong':{"trackNu mber":"","song":"The Hanging Garden","artist":"The Cure","album":"Staring at the Sea: The Singles","path":"6723"},'volume':100,'repeatMethod':'none',}

nothing about the server here......???
    Can I revert back to the pervious application version?
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdramick View Post
    {operation:"currentSong",'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':true,'currentSong':{"trackNu mber":"","song":"The Hanging Garden","artist":"The Cure","album":"Staring at the Sea: The Singles","path":"6723"},'volume':100,'repeatMethod':'none',}

nothing about the server here......???
    Can I revert back to the pervious application version?
    you are running version 2 of the server... I would redownload, reextract and redo the shortcut. version 2 & 3 beta will expire on 9/1 version 4 is going to be offerred at a intoductory price f 4.99 starting next weekend. I plan on getting it out to the current paid users today or tommarrow
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkkticus View Post
    Right, but for convenience have a favorites that just displays a button w/ name and enters all the info for you. Nice buttons for "My Comp Wifi", "My Comp Web" and "Bro's Comp Web" so I won't have to enter and keep track of ips and associated ports.
    I like this idea and will look into this in a future release, Unfortunately it will have to be the next one not the one coming out this week as that has been finalized.
  7.    #327  
    I hope to have a video showing the new functionality tonight or tomorrow. Some features include full playlist viewing and a mouse trackpad for pc control.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I like where this app is headed. Reminds me of the VLC app for iPhone/Touch, but wider support. which is always a positive. will gladly pick this up because of the mouse/trackpad option covers every app that it doesn't support. yet. so here's to you, tonyparisi. *raises beer* I hope that file browsing does get integrated. that would put this app over the top. as well as the customizable remote. that would be sweet. Thanks again. gonna set this bad boy up now!
    Tony, does winamp support full playlist viewing, or is it just the other players?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Spent forever trying to get this to work. Got Media Monkey and then after several installs of Microsoft's .net just for this program and continually getting errors, I finally found the XP test version on your website via Google, which is a version that (finally!) seems to work. Except now that I can't figure out how to browse by artist or etc. Good potential here, bit it doesn't seem to be working 100% for me just yet. And is it just me or did this vanish from the Filecoaster Catalog? Oh well, time to go take a rest.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    So My Experiment is Shareware unfortunately failed... Starting soon (version 4 of server) and expect with the next version a $9.99 Donation/purchase will be required to get the server application. The beta on the current versions will expire on 9/1/09 so to insure uninterrupted use of the application make your donations now so you can get the non-beta version of the server.

We are getting ready to launch the next version of the server in the next week or so but would like some individuals to do one last test prior to launch. If you are included in this final production test batch you will be able to purchase the server for a $4.99 donation. (final price will be between $4.99 and $9.99). Do not just make a donation to be in the production test group. Respond to me with what media player you will be controlling and operating system you are on. I will then contact you if you are in the final test group.

This application lets you control your media player on your pc from your pre. The application has two parts one is an application that runs on the pc (currently windows only) and listens on port 63342(MEDIA) for controls from the pre.

For more detailed information and downloads please see the following site:
    I made a quick google site and put the files there. Enjoy!
    Media Remote Site @ Google Sites

VERSIONS:
    v0.5.0 - Initial Release
    v0.5.1 - Bug Fixes
    This should resolve issues of not entering a connection string (still using the input widget may change later)
    v0.6.0 - Upcoming songs (CURRENT)
    Add a scene to see next X upcoming songs(probably 5)
    ---Future---
    v1.0.0 - Full playlist control and Graphic Enhancements
    v1.1.0 - Push Notification (This has been test and works for some players just not available through palm yet for real phones)

Future Enhancements:
    - Push Notification when the player changes

Currently the following media players are supported by the server:
    Windows Media Player/Center (full functioning)[unable to control repeat]
    Winamp (Limited to current song, volume control, next, previous, play and pause)
    ITunes (windows)(full functioning)
    Media Monkey (full functioning)[unable to control repeat]

Currently working on:
    XBMC (This will be through the same pc server proxy)

Hopes for future Media Players:
    SongBird
    Others????

Unfortunately I am a java and c# so other will be slow but I will try to do others, If you would like to help making a server let me know.

If you like this please donate - My time unfortunately is not infinite I do not want to have to be forced to charge people to use this, or future apps:
    Donate
    OOPS... i made a donation before I read this! What now???
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Ok, sorry for complaining last night that I "Spent forever trying to get this to work." This is true, but it was a problem with .net (I think a useful tip for people with .net problems might be that they will need to re-create their desktop bookmark for Media Remote after they update their .net version).

So, I bought and downloaded the new Media Remote server, and I have to say that it's working pretty well. A couple times it's had trouble connecting, but generally it lets you play, pause, skip forward/backward, control volume, etc. very easily and without lag.

In my opinion the most needed improvement at this point is would be a way to browse one's collection by artists and album--right now going to "full playlist" comes up with a list of every track on your server, which of course is an enormous list that takes forever to try to scroll through to select a track to play.

Will future versions of Media Remote allow users to browse by artist/album? I really hope so, but I'm a bit worried since I don't see now as a goal for future release versions.

Congrats on the progress on this app so far, and thanks for your efforts to get it up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    [B][I]So My Experiment is Shareware unfortunately failed... Starting soon (version 4 of server) and expect with the next version a $9.99 Donation/purchase will be required to get the server application. The beta on the current versions will expire on 9/1/09 so to insure uninterrupted use of the application make your donations now so you can get the non-beta version of the server.

In other words: "I made a niche application with only limited functionality on a new platform without a really deep user base expecting to rake in far more in donations than I currently have. So, in desperation, I'm going to go to a play-to-play model to try and lock in as many sucke... users as I can."

Stupid. The Pre is a NEW handset. While there are many users, there aren't that many yet, and not NEAR enough to support a pay-to-play model. Particularly for an application that is NOT very user friendly to use, has a limited (albeit expanding) set of features, is complex to install and get working, and has a really niche level of utility.

I'm sorry if you feel put out that more people haven't donated, but the Pre dev scene can really only support freeware or OSS software right now. If you want a pay to play app, come back in 3 years when there are enough users, or get your app approved for the official App Catalog. Frankly, the Homebrew catalog is for OSS and freeware. The Palm App Catalog is for pay to play. Let's not get them mixed up, Mmmmkay?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Any news about XBMC support? I'm willing to test.
    I still do not get any place to enter ip on pre just says connect
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdoodle View Post
    I still do not get any place to enter ip on pre just says connect
    One other person has had this problem i will send you a version of the ipk to install that will clear the cookie then you can connect. once connected once you can reset to the distribution ipk and it should work fine. We are unsure what makes it go goofy like that but it is so rare that we just fix with a special install package
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by sensai28 View Post
    Any news about XBMC support? I'm willing to test.
    I was hoping to get it in this version of the server but didnt get it done in time. I hope very soon because from what i can tell Boxee is XBMC. Once we have it working in the server version I may try and port the whole remote to go directly againist the xbmc or boxee instead of going thru a intermedia server because I think I would be able to.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Tony, does winamp support full playlist viewing, or is it just the other players?
    Unfortunately winamp currently does not support those features. Sorry. If you like winamp i would recommend looking at media monkey i really like that one now and have switched to it personally
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    OOPS... i made a donation before I read this! What now???
    I manually made the connection and you should have received download instructions.
  20.    #340  
    Sorry if you don't like the method i have decided to go down with this app I am not the only or the first that decided to go with this pay model. If you don't like it, or dont have a need then don't buy it but other do like it and are more then willing to pay for it, some more then what i am asking. So please don't post a personal gripe about the business model that I have chosen to go down with this app.

Thank you for your input
    Tony Parisi
    Last edited by tonyparisi; 08/28/2009 at 09:14 AM.