View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I just read all 15 pages of posts and still can't get it to work so I'm going to pass on this. It looks cool but unless it controls Windows Media Center and will control my Netflix through that I'm not going to try anymore.
    What issues are you having? Can the pre see the server by entering http://[ip]:63342/currentSong? A couple of troubleshooting steps and I think we can get it working for you we have been able to with the others. If you dont want to try that is fine let me know if you want help.
  2.    #302  
    I agree this forum is gotten to big to help, that is why I am trying to summerize it into a web site out of here. It was difficult to work with people much less later follow the trouble shooting steps we went through a few weeks ago some simple setup that works for most is in the FAQs on the google site if you have issue beyond that private message ro email me and I will help you. tonyparisi@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    What issues are you having? Can the pre see the server by entering [url] A couple of troubleshooting steps and I think we can get it working for you we have been able to with the others. If you dont want to try that is fine let me know if you want help.
    Illl try it when I get home. I'm pretty sure I tried it before but I'm not sure if it worked or not. Thanks for the help.
    One other thing: will it actually control Windows Media Center or just Windows Media Player?
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Illl try it when I get home. I'm pretty sure I tried it before but I'm not sure if it worked or not. Thanks for the help.
    One other thing: will it actually control Windows Media Center or just Windows Media Player?
    When I tested it on my pc (vista 32) it would control windows media center. I would expect that as from everything i understand WMC is just basicly a skin on WMP.
  5.    #305  
    We are getting ready to launch the next version of the server in the next week or so but would like some individuals to do one last test prior to launch. If you are included in this final production test batch you will be able to purchase the server for a $4.99 donation. (final price will be between $4.99 and $9.99). Do not just make a donation to be in the production test group. Respond to me with what media player you will be controlling and operating system you are on. I will then contact you if you are in the final test group.
    I want a boxee remote. make it happen captain.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    funny how op wants donations but not too many ppl got it to work...im goin to wait until the step-by step comes out with the more refined version
  8.    #308  
    There has been over 100 downloads of the server and few complaining of issues. The basic steps are available on the google site currently I need to add notes about the firewall which is when working with people where they have there issues.

Directions can be found at:
    http://sites.google.com/site/mediaremoteproject/faq
    Last edited by tonyparisi; 08/18/2009 at 07:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jccello1 View Post
    I think $5 is more of a reasonable price

I definitely agree here. It is a nice app and I have used it a few times but $10 seems waaay to high for a media remote. I might pay $5.00 but I certainly wouldn't pay $10.00
    This is a super app, once you get it to work. The previous threads are a great help, especially for those on Vista.

I just want to remind first time users that you need to turn on the phone's WiFi in order for the app to work.

Let me know if I can help out with testing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post
    I definitely agree here. It is a nice app and I have used it a few times but $10 seems waaay to high for a media remote. I might pay $5.00 but I certainly wouldn't pay $10.00
    I think it is a great idea. However, it does nothing much more than my standard Harmoney One remote though. (best remote on the market for the price BTW)

If it was able to have an on phone display of the files on my PC and allow me to launch them, I would gladly pay $10+ for it. That would really be something.

Maybe it is just me ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  12.    #312  
    In Version 1 I have the ability to see all playlist in the media player and searchable. Would this work for you because you could have a playlist with all media in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I think it is a great idea. However, it does nothing much more than my standard Harmoney One remote though. (best remote on the market for the price BTW)

If it was able to have an on phone display of the files on my PC and allow me to launch them, I would gladly pay $10+ for it. That would really be something.

Maybe it is just me ii
    I believe we're after the same thing: connect to home network, browse songs, and stream them to the Pre, all with a nice interface. I'd also like to be able to browse a folder with internet radio links and play those.

I like the interface of Media Remote and I can see how it meets the needs of a lot of users. It's just that my greatest need is to listen to my music while away from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I believe we're after the same thing: connect to home network, browse songs, and stream them to the Pre, all with a nice interface. I'd also like to be able to browse a folder with internet radio links and play those.

I like the interface of Media Remote and I can see how it meets the needs of a lot of users. It's just that my greatest need is to listen to my music while away from home.
    No streaming to the Pre you can do now with Orb. This is not what I need.

I want to be able to browse all my mapped drives (I have several PC's running 24/7) files on the Pre screen and be able to select what I want to watch or listen to. The they launch on the HTPC in the default players. Then we can control it from the app on the Pre as well if we want.

It is hard to easily see the files on an HTPC.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    No streaming to the Pre you can do now with Orb. This is not what I need.

I want to be able to browse all my mapped drives (I have several PC's running 24/7) files on the Pre screen and be able to select what I want to watch or listen to. The they launch on the HTPC in the default players. Then we can control it from the app on the Pre as well if we want.

It is hard to easily see the files on an HTPC.
    Interesting idea. Would you then have a server running on each PC with a proxy tunnel to the HTPC?

This app looks like it has potential. Personally, I have a harmony remote as well and it works pretty well. The only annoying thing is that it launches Vista Media Center instead of JRiver. If this thing could set the default player that it launched (eg JRiver) and browse everything (not just music, but videos and tv as well), I'd pick it up.
    For the people who play music from multiple PCs (like in different rooms), have you considered setting up profiles on your app with different ports?
    Quote Originally Posted by sumanb View Post
    Interesting idea. Would you then have a server running on each PC with a proxy tunnel to the HTPC?
    No I personally do not need it for each computer, just my HTPC.

Okay here is what I would LOVE!! The ultimate HTPC Pre app!!

Fire up the Pre program. I have a few options from the main launch screen.
    File mode, Keyboard/Mouse mode or remote mode. These 3 should be available from every screen!

File mode: I select that, then see a listing of all my drives, network mapped ones as well. I am able to select a file to play. It then launches the default program for that filetype (set in Windows). Then the Pre's screen still has the 3 buttons including the remote mode which I can change to at this point or it can auto-change (have the option).

This option is wonderful so I do not have to turn my TV on to just select some music or MP3's (Say audio books/podcasts etc... to play

Keyboard/mouse mode: Selecting that the Pre's screen only has the three option keys and a left and right mouse button on the bottom. The rest of the Pre's screen acts just like a laptop pad. I can move the mouse around on the screen and click. Remote laptop pad. I was thinking of also having a small button that could take you to another screen that you could set up to launch programs or various options, user definable. Useful to launch utilities etc....

Remote Mode: This looks at the application that is in the foreground and gives you the remote control screen to control that player. I would really like this to be totally user customization aware. In other words I can have different screens for different apps and can add/move buttons around, add/remove controls and options..... basically talks to the server part that could also be configured from there. The Pre end does not have to have the editor part, that can be done on the HTPC and just show up on the Pre. The Pre can just DL the config file when it connects. Whatever is easier to program.

So I can use the program just for the File Selection and K/M options and still use my main remote to control the players or use the Pre's controller. User choice.

I would pay $20 for this easily!

18.    #318  
    File browsing is possible still but not in scope today the mouse and keyboard is planned for next week's v1 release. I have widely not publicized it yet because until last night I wasnt sure if it would make the v1 cut but it is very likly now.
    Tony, you guys are doing great work man, keep it up. I was just posting what 'I' would personally love in a program. ii

20.    #320  
    Well the different pcs would have different ip address on the local network. If you are trying to access off the wifi through your router you can do that today. A undocumented feature of the pre app is you can enter a different port just when you enter the ip address just add :[port] if none is on there the app appends :63342. We had to do this because if the server cant listen on 63342 for some reason it roles to other ports to try and if it finds a different on the pre app needed a way to communicate with it.