View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    The Server is in the first post or on my google site. As for windows XP users can someone try the server located at: Media Remote Release History ‎(Media Remote)‎

And let me know if it works. I think the notification area icon is having issues in xp so that version doesnt have the icon and minimize option.
    It's been mentioned before but I just have to submit that if this little baby could stream music to the Pre, it would be one of the most perfect apps.

Add to it the ability to browse folders, and you've hit a grand slam.

As 1Paladin stated, password protection could be used to keep out unwanted guests.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    The Server is in the first post or on my google site. As for windows XP users can someone try the server located at: Media Remote Release History ‎(Media Remote)‎

And let me know if it works. I think the notification area icon is having issues in xp so that version doesnt have the icon and minimize option.

As mentioned I had errors with XP...

With this zip file I have no problems Thanks!
    new version works well. I set up a DynDNS and enabled port triggering on my router and i can control WMP over EDVO! Can you wire in a simple outbound ping on port 63342 when I launch the program so the port is opened? Its safer than having the port permanently forwarded.

If you add streaming, i'd be able to listen to my music collection from anywhere!! Would be a killer app, then. Thanks.
    Last edited by Steveborough; 08/11/2009 at 11:07 AM.
    Are you getting any error messages? or just nothing? have you tried the test url in any browser? http://[ip]:63342/currentSong
    got it working fine with the new version of the server. i'm still on vista sp1 so i guess that was the problem but it works fine with the new server version. thanks for the help.
    I can test XBMC...
    Windows 7 Users:
    1) Go to Start, start typing "windows firewall", select WF with Advanced Security, choose "Inbound Rules" on left side of window, select "New Rule" on right side of window, Select radio button for "Port", choose TCP, Specific Local Port is 63342, next window Choose "Allow the connection," Select all three options on next page (Domain, Private, Public), Name it as "Media Remote" don't bother writing a description, Click Finish.
    2) Right click on "MediaControllerApplication.exe" and choose Run as Administrator. Choose which program to run with in the drop down and press Start.
    3) Run Media Controller from your Pre.
    **Make sure you have Wi-fi turned on on the Pre (top right corner)
    **Make sure you do not have the usb plugged in

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the xp version it works perfect!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I love the new feature to be able to see what songs are coming up.

Keep up the great work.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had the same problem reported by MLJones8. Downloaded the new XP server posted and it work great! Thanks for the great program!
    Thanks to all those who share their brain goo for us to play in.

PalmIII > Treo600 > Treo650(2) > Treo755p > Pre
    I would like to also ask for Foobar2000 support as that would be amazing.
    I have update my service pack for vista, i have disabled firewall, I have gotten the new Test release server zip, I have run everything as administrator, but still I get the same error that I was getting initially, I am starting to feel like a loser, ha. Does anyone have any idea what is going on. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got this working in Windows 7 but it's not showing the album art. Is this a known issue or should it be working?
  14.    #274  
    What media player are you controlling, Winamp does not show album art or upcomming songs currently.
  15.    #275  
    One other person has had the same issue and it appears that for some reason they cant listen on port 63342. I am hoping to make a change to allow the port to be changed for those few times.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I got this working in Windows 7 but it's not showing the album art. Is this a known issue or should it be working?
    I have the exact same issue. I got this working with Windows 7 x64 last night with minimal problems but I don't get any Album Art either. I should also note, I was using it with WinAmp.
    What media player are you controlling, Winamp does not show album art or upcomming songs currently.
    I was using Winamp. I will try Windows Media Player tonight and see what kind of luck I have. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    having the same issues as maxima2k53. http://192.168.2.28:63342/currentsong gives me {operation:"currentSong",'serverVersion': 3,'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':true,'currentSong':{"trackNumber":"","song":"The Heart of Life","artist":"John Mayer","album":"Where the Light Is: John Mayer Live in Los Angeles (disc 2)","path":"C:\songs\Where The Light Is - John Mayer Live In Los Angeles\04 The Heart of Life.mp3"},'volume':50,'repeatMethod':'notsupported',}

I type the same address into my pre and I get an error loading page message.

I get an error message of "Unable to Connect Check Connection Url" .

I'm using windows 7. I've tried winamp and WMP and neither work. I've added the exception and I also now have the firewalls off. I don't know what else would be blocking the connection.

Edit: I tried putting in the same url, as stated above, into my other computer. It's working on that computer. So, it seems there's a communication issue with the pre to the router.. I don't know what it would be.
    Last edited by zpoettker; 08/12/2009 at 03:54 PM.
    Edit: I tried putting in the same url, as stated above, into my other computer. It's working on that computer. So, it seems there's a communication issue with the pre to the router.. I don't know what it would be.
    I've been down this path, so I feel your pain--is your Wifi access point on the same router/DHCP server as your media server? Do you have a laptop that can run that url via wifi to see if you can get a positive result? You may also want to load the My IP app to see if you are on the same IP scheme as the server...Just some ideas...

I'll try and grab some screens from my Windows 7 setup tonight to see if that helps you.
    Last edited by golfwidower; 08/12/2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I need help getting this to work for me, sorry if I seem computer illiterate but im not so I need help. I have the media controller server on my pc its up and connected to my IP by clicking start. I am trying to control windows media player. I have loaded the media remote on my pre via filcoaster and when I launch it and enter the same IP address it comes up with no playlist at all, please help!