View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

    7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

    7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

    20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

    10 22.73%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 484
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by s0urce View Post
    Great app, functionality works great. I'm yet to get the album art to work though. Also, Media Remote v3b server doesnt launch for me on Windows XP Pro. v2b works fine though.
    What issue are you getting in xp pro on version 3b?
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Okay if you are getting the same error with WMP this looks like it is not really running as a admin. How are you setting it up to run as a admin.
    Even though my Vista account is Administrator, I have tried Right clicking the program and selecting Run as Administrator.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhova21 View Post
    Even though my Vista account is Administrator, I have tried Right clicking the program and selecting Run as Administrator.
    The account being an administrator isnt good enough. I wonder if right click run as admin also has issue try this:

    # Right click on the EXE in the extracted folder and choose Send Shortcut to Deskop
    # Now the server is on your pc now to insure it can listen for requests from the pre (must run as an administrator)

    1. Find the shortcut on your desktop and right click
    2. Choose properties
    3. Click the advanced button
    4. Check the box to run as administrator.
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    The account being an administrator isnt good enough. I wonder if right click run as admin also has issue try this:

    # Right click on the EXE in the extracted folder and choose Send Shortcut to Deskop
    # Now the server is on your pc now to insure it can listen for requests from the pre (must run as an administrator)

    1. Find the shortcut on your desktop and right click
    2. Choose properties
    3. Click the advanced button
    4. Check the box to run as administrator.
    The Admin box is greyed out and can't be selected. Not sure if this is because I am already running it as Admin.

    I've been trying to get this running for 3 days now, this is frustrating as all hell lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #225  
    Disregard that^^^^....That was prior to sending the shortcut to the desktop. I checked the Run as Admin box in the shortcut settings. No difference
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    What issue are you getting in xp pro on version 3b?
    Yea it does not work on xp pro and I have xp pro on both my pc's, how do I get version 2b
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by mondmc1 View Post
    Yea it does not work on xp pro and I have xp pro on both my pc's, how do I get version 2b
    Lets figure out why its got an issue on xp pro, whats the error.
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhova21 View Post
    Disregard that^^^^....That was prior to sending the shortcut to the desktop. I checked the Run as Admin box in the shortcut settings. No difference
    and you get the error when the application launches, correct? or when you click the start button. The other thing I noticed id it looks like you have 10 versions of the app running.... (multiple icons in system tray). Lets restart the pc to clear all those out. I also wonder if mcafee(McCrappy) security center is causing an issue for you, can you try disabling it?
  9. #229  
    Hey guys intalled like 10 minutes ago and finally got it to work... Hope this helps someone (I'm running Vista)

    first follow all steps on Media Remote's website which are:
    1. Unzip the server application in you favorite location
    2. Right click on the EXE in the extracted folder and choose Send Shortcut to Deskop
    3. Now the server is on your pc now to insure it can listen for requests from the pre (must run as an administrator)
    1. Find the shortcut on your desktop and right click
    2. Choose properties
    3. Click the advanced button
    4. Check the box to run as administrator.

    THEN
    go to Start-Control Panel-Windows Firewall-Change Settings-Exceptions-Add Port- From here I named it Media Control (but anything will do) and added port 63342.
    Now it works fine! Good luck and thanks for this program since it allows me to live life in a more lazy fashion.
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Lets figure out why its got an issue on xp pro, whats the error.
    When I click on the .exe the error reads. "WindowsFormApplication! has encountered a problem and needs to close. There also is no option to run as a administrator in the properties
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    and you get the error when the application launches, correct? or when you click the start button. The other thing I noticed id it looks like you have 10 versions of the app running.... (multiple icons in system tray). Lets restart the pc to clear all those out. I also wonder if mcafee(McCrappy) security center is causing an issue for you, can you try disabling it?
    Error comes when hitting start button.

    The multiple apps weren't actually running, for some reason they didnt disappear until I moved the mouse over them. Restarted just a minute ago.

    LOL McCrappy (Heard that twice this week) Disabled.

    Still getting the same
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by mondmc1 View Post
    When I click on the .exe the error reads. "WindowsFormApplication! has encountered a problem and needs to close. There also is no option to run as a administrator in the properties
    Can you supply a Screen shot and detail of the error message.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhova21 View Post
    Error comes when hitting start button.

    The multiple apps weren't actually running, for some reason they didnt disappear until I moved the mouse over them. Restarted just a minute ago.

    LOL McCrappy (Heard that twice this week) Disabled.

    Still getting the same
    Very odd, Lets get this out of the forum and to private messages or email so I can followup with you and track the conversation easier. I will review the source tonight again when I get home to see exactly what it is doing on that line of execution. Nothing is making sense off the top of my head. Sorry for the inconvenience. One last odd question where did you unzip the zip file to and can you send me a listing of the files in that directory so I can insure that nothing is missing.
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Can you supply a Screen shot and detail of the error message.
    http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4794188_n.jpg
  15.    #235  
    Please verify your versions of the .NET framework that you have 3.0 and 3.5.. in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Please verify your versions of the .NET framework that you have 3.0 and 3.5.. in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    Yes I have both
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by mondmc1 View Post
    Yes I have both
    very odd.... Not much was changed in the startup of the versions. Let me try a build for you tonight that doesn't minimize to the tray (Thats all that changed during the startup) and see if that will fix the issue for you. Do you have a email address that I can send the zip directly to?
  18. #238  
    Cool I would appreciate that and my address is moncloud99@yahoo.com
  19.    #239  
    New Poll added asking about last.fm information. I would not be able to control last fm but give information about the currently playing artist, suggestions about similar music. What do people think?
  20. #240  
    mondmc1, I did everything everyone is saying and i still have the same issue as you when i hit start with app open...

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3506/...1ed10c0f25.jpg
    Last edited by MRBULLRED; 08/10/2009 at 07:50 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions