View Poll Results: Would you like to see info from Last.fm, Not play control but info and/or suggestions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would Love that!

7 15.91%
  • No, Sounds useless

7 15.91%
  • Whats Last.FM

20 45.45%
  • Songs cool but probably wouldnt use it

10 22.73%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyparisi View Post
    Sorry missed this post in the thread from the other pc can you hit the test url. This will tell us if it is a network connection issue or an issue with controlling the app on your pc. Again the test url for people asking is http://[YOUR-PC-IP]:63342/currentSong if you get a good response from that url

Winamp is the touchiest of them so we may want to verify can you control WMP.
    alright from my pc that url doesnt connect to it
    so i used the test url from the pre browser and it said that it wasn't currently playing....bu it was
    I am so ridiculously stuck. I downloaded the software for my computer and phone. When i run the exe. on my computer my ip doesn't show up and gives me the 2 options of connecting lan and w/ bluetooth. I don't know how to do this and i don't know what to enter in the text box on my phone when it says to connect. I need help in laymans terms. PLEASE
    HELP. what do i put in the connect text box on my phone to connect?
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpsingh View Post
    I am so ridiculously stuck. I downloaded the software for my computer and phone. When i run the exe. on my computer my ip doesn't show up and gives me the 2 options of connecting lan and w/ bluetooth. I don't know how to do this and i don't know what to enter in the text box on my phone when it says to connect. I need help in laymans terms. PLEASE
    Okay first when you run the exe you get asked lan or bluetooth? thats not my app. A window should open that has a dropdown to choose the app to use and a list box that would contain your ip address. What is in the ip address box is what get put in the program on the pre.
    I treid WMP, MediaMonkey and iTunes.
    None work.

MediaMonkey and iTunes both error out after starting the server executable. (Error posted previously)
    WMP starts but says nothing is playing. This is the repsone from the test url.

{operation:"currentSong",'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':false,'currentSong':{"trackN umber":"","song":"Not Currently Playing.","artist":"","album":"","path":""},'volume':50,'repeatMethod':'notsupported',}

Again, this is with Vista32.

Firewalls disabled and exceptions added for both App and port.
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketace150 View Post
    so i used the test url from the pre browser and it said that it wasn't currently playing....bu it was
    Okay then it is not connecting to the application correctly. Sorry if you stated this before but the thread i difficult to follow who says what.. What application are you trying to control? Have you tried controlling an other application?
    Quote Originally Posted by kpsingh View Post
    HELP. what do i put in the connect text box on my phone to connect?
    The ip address of the computer you are running the server service on and trying to control...
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    alright from my pc that url doesnt connect to it
    Then you have a firewall stopping the connection if the url works on the pc running the server bt you cant get it from another computer. or you are using the incorrect ip
  10.    #190  
    Yeah the connection is being made successfully but its not attaching to you applications correctly. very odd...
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    None work.

MediaMonkey and iTunes both error out after starting the server executable. (Error posted previously)

{operation:"currentSong",'success':false,'playerRunning':true,'playing':false,'currentSong':{"trackN umber":"","song":"Not Currently Playing.","artist":"","album":"","path":""},'volume':50,'repeatMethod':'notsupported',}

Okay I found a pc to replicate this on i will let you know what i find.
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    None work.

Okay got a fix, not sure of a better way to fix this but i hink the connection issues when the start button is pushed is due to the user access control being enabled. It is stopping the media server application from connecting to the media players. Disable User access controls and it should work.
    I have tried MM and WMP. I got an error with MM and no connection with WMP. I no longer have itunes or winamp but I will try the latter tomorrow. I am having the same problem as gmanvbva so I will try and figure out how to disable UAC and get back to you.
    Stunt_Duck here,

I was not able to get the app to work either. I did not see it specified whether we are using TCP or UDP (TCP makes more sense). I made exceptions for both in Control Panel | Windows Firewall | Add port. Make one for TCP and one for UDP 63342. Normally it prompts for stuff like that but it wasn't working and as soon as I did this it worked fine. Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have several computers that Iíve run tests on. Iíve experience several of the problems others have communicate in this forum, but Iíve also had some successes. After making all of the firewall and port changes my XP computer worked great. I have a Vista 64 system that continued to give me .NET errors even after upgrading to the version of the Media Controller Server and .NET software. Not sure how Vista 32 works but I hope this added peice of information can help narrow the root cause of the problems.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Great App! Didn't work at first, but simply had to open up the port in Windows Firewall... then it worked like a champ! I am using it for both WinAmp and WMP. Control works great for both. However, I do not get/see AlbumArt when running either of those programs from the Pre. Does the Album Art only work with iTunes (which I hate), or should I see cover art when using WinAmp, as well? I have a bit of OCD when it comes to managing my music library... So, every song is properly tagged with the correct AlbumArt embedded into each file. Any feedback/help appreciated. --- Like others, I would also LOVE to have WinAmp Playlist loading and song selection control. Had this with a Windows Mobile App, and it was awesome... when it worked! Thanks again for the great work.. Keep it up!!!
    another media player idea would be for zune marketplace, if at all possible
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grantapodaca View Post
    another media player idea would be for zune marketplace, if at all possible
    How cool would it be to have WiFi IP control of the actual Zune... while it's sitting in the home dock, connected to my home theater system?!?! I could get rid of the RF>IR remote emitter I'm currently using.
    I thought I'd mention this. I haven't read through all the pages, but I realized that if some of you can't connect to the server through your Pre, try switching the player to another player such as Windows Media Player. Winamp doesn't work for me for some reason, but when I switched it to Windows Media Player, voila!
    I am trying to control WMP on Windows 7 64-bit. I am able to launch the server without any errors and I have the firewall completely disabled. I also disabled the UAC so that prompt doesn't come up when I launch the server. I am still not seeing any information transferring to the Pre. It says "Not Currently Pl...". Has anyone successfully got this working on Windows 7 64-bit?