Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    any updates on a release date? I keep checking the wiki but no new info.
    seriously. Any news at all?? I'll take just a "too bad, its never gonna happen, go buy an ipod." at this point, just let us know.....
    there is a noter in the Wiki saying it should be available in the Precentral apps "soon" that was updated early January.
    Any new news here? Seeing as the mormon channel app won't install for me either....
    sorry to hear that it won't install for you, it works great for me. We listen to the BOM in the van on the way to school since the drive it like 30 min. I checked back to the Wiki, and it still just has the note that it will be released to expanded beta here throught Preware soon.
    https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...tures_Palm_Pre
    bueller? bueller? Anyone know Reuben? I've been waiting months now for this app to get released but there doesn't seem to be any updates at all. People are posting on the wiki how much they want the app, but none of the developers have made any announcements for a long time now. FWIW I am looking forward to this app!
    It really would not be that hard to create a scripture app. The church doesn't officially support anything that they don't publish but who cares? I am surprised nobody has done this.
    As best as I can tell, this app is being produced by the LDS Tech group and will be officially supported by the LDS church. Getting the OK is likely what is leading to the delays.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I downloaded the ipk a long time ago before they pulled it. I'll pm it if you want. I'm not very good at checking my pm's so be patient. It's very rough but all the books are there, and its better than nothing. It looks like it will be nice when complete.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Don't go for the old version that was here before. The latest official but not released version is SO much better.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Where do you find it? Mine's really old.
    If people are really interested in a beta version of the new app...feel free to PM and I'll get it out to you. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Yeah, I do too. (Deliver if PM'd) Be sure to include an email address we can send it to that will accept emails over 5mb. Gmail works great. It does require WebOS QI to install.
    -----------------
    I was under the impression that this app has been discontinued. Further efforts were being made by the church at tech.lds.org. In fact, if you go here:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...tures_Palm_Pre

you can download the app (look at the bottom of the page), build it and install it on your phone. I've done this and everything is stored locally on your Pre without having to access the internet. The only time it checks online is for searches. There's a nice video clip on the above link for the app as well.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    This is the App I am talking about. The official app at tech.lds.org Not everyone knows how to make an ipkg from source, for that I am helping.
    -----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Yeah, I do too. (Deliver if PM'd) Be sure to include an email address we can send it to that will accept emails over 5mb. Gmail works great. It does require WebOS QI to install.
    I got it from SirWill so props to him for getting to me to start with.
    The beta looks great so far. Thanks to primetime34 and SirWill. I'm not very good at compiling source code. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!!
    Thank you Sirwill!!
    Thanks SirWill!!!!
  20.    #80  
    The official LDS Gospel Library v1.0 is currently available for free from the app catalog.

LDS Gospel Library App for webOS

This version contains the entire Old & New Testaments, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Bible Dictionary and Topical Guide. It also contains the April 2010 General Conference, Gospel Principles manual and Old Testament Study Guide. Future versions will include the ability to download on demand from a large library of Church publications.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast