Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    rant keeps going as i anticipated such replies.
    haha, i guess you would have to eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I've always wanted to read the Book of Mormon, but the physical version always came attached with people.

FYI, paragraph symbols are showing up every few verses.
    Colonel, this just made me laugh....Palm should run an add..."The new Palm Pre....Eliminating white shirts at your door worldwide". :-) Glad you are reading it though, I got my copy from the people at my door and have been hooked ever since :-)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I've always wanted to read the Book of Mormon, but the physical version always came attached with people.

FYI, paragraph symbols are showing up every few verses.
    In the LDS printed scriptures the paragraph symbol represents the beginning of a new topic, time period, location, etc. Many scripture chapters contain multiple events or topics so this makes it easy to distinguish between them.

BTW... if you ever want a real physical copy of the Book of Mormon with no "people" attached give me buzz. eBooks are great but nothing beats kicking back with real paper.
    Interesting app. I like it.
    Loving the app so far. Many thanks for releasing this.
    Thanks reuben.olsen! I've been waiting for this app for along time!!!!

BTW you might have some compitition over at LDS Scriptures!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Thanks So Much. Great App
    It is broken. I tried to get on it today on two devices and the emulator and they both don't work.
  9.    #29  
    Works great from here. I just re-downloaded to my phone and my emulator and both are working fine. The data for this version is pulled from the web - make sure your connection is active. A future version will store the data locally.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have been looking for an app like this, very good job. Thanks for your hard work
    Great App! Thanks!
    Thank you. Love it. Pictures and Hymms would be good but not neccessary. I like the way it is. Having the weather report on my pre will remind me to skip sacrament meetings on Powder days at the slopes
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
  13.    #33  
    Updated to version 0.1.2
    Now includes LDS Hymns with links to online streaming music.
    Landscape mode activated (Thanks Bryce for the suggestion)
    Great app...good job on it. Wondering if anybody has decided to tackle having the Mormon Channel on the pre as an app? It would be great to be able to listen to the station on the pre. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Awesome app! It really looks like you're headed in the right direction with this. Thanks for making it available.
    Reuben,
    Any plan or thought on including additional resources such as Sunday School and Priesthood carriculum manuals? I think this app is great so far, and would love an all-inclusive solution.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks for this great app - the biggest thing I missed from my Treo was the scriptures, and the website was just not quick enough. Now when I need to loan my hard copy to my Deacons who forgot to bring their own, I can still follow along.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben.olsen View Post
    This is currently a client/server app. When you select a Book/Chapter to view it requests that chapter from a web server and the data is returned in a JSON feed and then displayed by the app. As long as the data on the server can be easily converted to the required JSON format then any content can be pushed.
    Hmmm, Now if we could make it load a Local DB with the JSON data, on the media drive, then it would work while offline. The problem I face is NO wireless coverage in my building... anywhere... I actually have the scriptures in a sql lite db but Haven't found a way to ship an app with a DB Pre-loaded.. (no pun intended)
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Hmmm, Now if we could make it load a Local DB with the JSON data, on the media drive, then it would work while offline. The problem I face is NO wireless coverage in my building... anywhere... I actually have the scriptures in a sql lite db but Haven't found a way to ship an app with a DB Pre-loaded.. (no pun intended)
    Agreed... same problem in my own building. As you've noticed though there are still a few glaring omissions from the SDK that prevent distributing a pre-loaded database and even the basic file I/O it would take to ship a JSON version, populate the database and then delete the source. The full database is several MB in size and the application space on the pre is limited - so yes, there are many hurdles to overcome.

The posted version is just a preview - the full version has many more features so stay tuned.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Reuben,
    Any plan or thought on including additional resources such as Sunday School and Priesthood carriculum manuals? I think this app is great so far, and would love an all-inclusive solution.
    Additional resources will be available eventually with the full version. Copyright issues will have to be addressed first - we don't want to be crossing any lines.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast