Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    Can anyone answer my keyboard light sensors question?
    Read the previous posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    After reading through the replies, this is an update for people who are confused:

My app is not causing people's phones to break, touchstones to go crazy, or meteors to come through your window. I promise. . Seriously though, my app does nothing at all when it is not running. There are no file changes, and nothing that should be able break your phone.

For people testing the touchstone button: thanks. Like I said, I don't have one, so I have no way of testing that what I did is actually working. I do know about the power button/gesture light problem though. I don't know why its doing that, but I know it is happening. If you push the "Turn Off" button, it only turns off the screen, it doesn't actually put the phone to sleep like hitting the normal power button does. That's why if you hit the power button after you turn off the screen, nothing happens till you press it again. The power button is putting the phone to sleep the first time, and waking it back up again the second time. After clicking the "Turn Off Display" button, you should be able to open/close the keyboard or pull the phone off the touchstone to put the display back on. Can somebody try this for me and tell me what happens?

Open the app. Put the phone on the touchstone (make sure it is lined up right and charging. Button should appear. Press button. Within 30 seconds, take phone back off of touchstone. Screen should light back up. Please post and tell me if it does or does not.

If the gesture button lights up after you turn off the screen, just tap the power button twice and it should come back on after a second. I honestly have no idea why it does that, but I'm looking into it. I may change the "Turn Off Display" button to a toggle that you can enable to let your phone go to sleep like normal when it is on the touchstone. This would probably work better and I hopefully wouldn't get the weird gesture button light problem. However, I have no way to write that toggle without having a touchstone around to debug with. If you know anyone in the South Florida area who has a touchstone/battery cover I could borrow for a few days (in about 2 weeks), I can possibly get it working, but other than that, I have no real way to fix it. Sorry.

Still working on fixing the keypad stuff. I think I figured it out (with the app open), but I'm having some syntax trouble with one of the Mojo service subscriptions. Can anyone that knows Mojo.serviceRequest/javascript real well help me out?
    I just tried the app. Screen turns off properly when button is pushed but does not turn on again when I take the Pre off the Touchstone. It doesn't turn on until I press the power button twice.

Still, a nice app. BTW, does anyone have any idea of the lifespan of the Pre lcd screen? Does leaving the screen on while on the touchstone decrease that lifespan?
    This app caused my pre to stop responding to the touchstone. I had to reboot my pre for it to start working again. I tried two different touchstones, cables and wall adapters (all oem official). I believe it was the "turn of screen while on touchstone feature" that caused this. I have been using it for a couple nights no problem but woke up today to find this problem.
    Newest update does not have a button to turn off display while charging on touchstone.
    Will the app eventually live up to its name being 'unlinked' to have the settings stick without having the app open?
  6. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    is it possible to set brightness to a negative value? perhaps that would dim the screen..as even at 1 its sooo much brighter than a blackberry or iphone on dim setting
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Like d94, I would like the screen to get much, much dimmer. (I use the phone when I'm up in the middle of the night feeding my infant son, and not only is the screen on minimum brightness blinding to me, it bothers my husband who is trying to sleep.)
    Love the idea of Brightness unlinked but found it sometimes flaky with the touchstone. Either the brightness settings changes intimidatingly or the round button stays on (like a night light). I have invisibleSHEILD as well, you have to get it lined up perfectly. This would have to be one of my favorites at Home brew. Hope these comments help future updates, I also hope you got a touchstone!
    great app
    Ok,
    I decided to try and use the touchstone off button again and see if the the home button remained lit, it does!
    seems to work ok, definitely buggy for me when its on the touchstone. Seems to do weird things. The "screen off" button works for a bit, when I wake up the screen is always back on though
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    In another thread someone listed this app, along with others, as something Palm should have done from the beginning. When I saw the name, Brightness Unlinked, I immediately knew what it was! So, good name.

I can't believe someone (you) created an app to correct what I thought was just a personal (posted about) pet peeve of mine. Now at night in my vehicle I can see the keyboard without blinding myself.

Keep up the good work. Thanks.
  13.    #173  
    Hey everyone. I'm now moved back in from my cross-country trip. Should have a minor update within the next few days.

Touchstone: Turn Off button is wonky, I know. I'm rewriting it and will need it tested again once I release the next update. The new version should allow you to set a flag letting the screen behave like its not on the touchstone instead of just turning the screen off. If this works, I can reverse it and extend it to USB charging as well, so you can set a flag to make USB charging act like its on a touchstone. Maybe.

Settings sticking when app is closed: I'm working on it. Please please please don't just leave a post asking if this will ever happen. It will, it will just take me a bit.

Also looking into how feasible it is to add a button to change the display timeout to a longer time.

Thanks for your patience.
    How about being able to retain "Unlinked" settings when the screen timer has turned the screen off. My Pre keyboard wont turn back on unless I fiddle with the Unlinked keyboard settings. Only the screen relights

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    First thank you to the developer for taking the time to try and get an app like this working. But I don't understand though why this app has such a high rating. It just doesn't work. the app only works when you have it open, but when you shut your keyboard, it doesn't work again until you fiddle with it. This makes the app useless. I wish the rating would change to around 3 until the app is working, it would of saved me the time of downloading it until it became a working app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    First thank you to the developer for taking the time to try and get an app like this working. But I don't understand though why this app has such a high rating. It just doesn't work. the app only works when you have it open, but when you shut your keyboard, it doesn't work again until you fiddle with it. This makes the app useless. I wish the rating would change to around 3 until the app is working, it would of saved me the time of downloading it until it became a working app.
    It may not work 100% yet and the touchstone piece needs a lot of work, but it allows me to keep my screen brightness low and my keyboard backlight high. Period. And this is what it was originally intended to do. Do I have to keep the App open? Yes, but with multitasking, who cares? Do I sometimes have to re-open the keyboard to get it working again? well, sure. But when I do this, can I finally see my keyboard backlight? ABSOLUTELY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    How about being able to retain "Unlinked" settings when the screen timer has turned the screen off. My Pre keyboard wont turn back on unless I fiddle with the Unlinked keyboard settings. Only the screen relights
    IGO
    you dont need to fiddle with the settings..just close then re-open the keyboard and that should work
    Here's the problem I'm having with this app. 1) I don't get the button turn the screen off when it's on the touchstone. I've installed it twice and deleted it twice. 2) On each time I've removed it, my touchstone has quit working and I've had to rebuild my pre. Now I'll wait for 2 more rev's before trying again
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Zinge, thank you for taking the time to create and share this app. I use it daily. Is it possible to get the screen dimmer than the "1" setting?
    I too lower my brightness all the way down and turn the keyboard lights off and it sticks yes i swipe it away. Love this app for what it does and the only time i had a problem was when it first came out it made my phone reset but since the updates no problems at all.
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast