Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Trick if you have My Tether: Under options on My Tether, there is an option to Disable Screen Timer. If you do this, then use the option to turn off the screen it seems to stick (at least for 10 minutes, did not wait longer.)
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    I have installed the program and have the following observations.

If I put the phone on the touchstone with your card open, the button to turn off the screen shows up. If I put the phone on the touchstone then open the card, the button is not there.

When the screen shuts off on the touchstone, the center button lights up.

I would prefer that the screen turned on for a phone call, text message, alarm clock, etc. But...I get spam emails all night and I'd prefer it didn't turn on for email.
    +1 for me.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    what about an option to have the screen stay on when plugged in.

I have it on my desk at work playing pandora, and would like to keep the screen on for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    +1 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    I have installed the program and have the following observations.

If I put the phone on the touchstone with your card open, the button to turn off the screen shows up. If I put the phone on the touchstone then open the card, the button is not there.

When the screen shuts off on the touchstone, the center button lights up.

I would prefer that the screen turned on for a phone call, text message, alarm clock, etc. But...I get spam emails all night and I'd prefer it didn't turn on for email.
    I notice the same observations about the button to turn off the screen not being there when I open the card after putting my Pre on the Touchstone. The button should always be there, but greyed out when the Pre is not charging. This would be useful for both Touchstone charging and USB charging!

Also, the first time I tried to shut the screen off (after already having the card open and then putting my Pre on the Touchstone), the screen came back on again right away. The center button also briefly lit up. I had to press the turn off button a second time to make the screen shut off. The center button briefly lit up again, but went out. The third time I shut the screen off with the button, the center button stayed lit up. I would prefer that the center button go off and stay off as well. The fourth time I shut the screen off with the button, it went off briefly then came back on and the wave launcher popped up on my screen all by itself - don't want that.

For each of the screen turn offs, the Display brightness setting automatically changed its value all by itself (i.e. spontaneously went from 50 to 42).

When I receive a notification (like for an Email or SMS text message), the screen should come back on, but it does not. There should be an option to keep the screen off (which is the purpose of this application anyway) or to allow the screen to come back on when a notification is received.
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 08/12/2009 at 08:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Great app, thanks for putting it out there. Downloaded the latest (0.1.2) yesterday. Put it on my Touchstone last night to charge with the app open, tapped the button to shut down the screen, all was good.

Walked by it later (30-45 minutes?) and the screen was back on with the clock and padlock. Unlocked the screen, maximized the app, tapped the button to shut down the screen again. Screen went out but this time the light behind the button stayed on all night.

Pulled it off the Touchstone this morning, screen didn't automatically come back. Think I hit the power button to restore the screen. The Pre was then acting funny, lost connectivity to the mobile network (WiFi looked OK), and found that it hadn't charged all night. Put it back on the Touchstone, wouldn't "ding" and give me the charge indicator/lock screen. Had to reboot the Pre to get it back to normal.

Keep up the good work!
    I really appreciate your efforts toward this program... Its utility is great under low light conditions!

Unfortunately for me, as I do mostly use it under low light conditions, the bug that leads to the keyboard being darkened completely every single time its closed then opened again is very problematic and makes the program not worth using. This issue forces you to open up the Bri.Unl. program to bring back the brightness of the keyboard, each time you open the keyboard. Otherwise it stays dark.

Thanks again for your program, I really hope the darkened keyboard issue can be resolved!
  7.    #147  
    Thanks for all the touchstone replies everyone!

Update on everything:

Still working on getting the keyboard to stick when the app is closed. It will happen eventually.

Touchstone stuff: I'm going to try a different way of turning off the screen. Right now, I'm just killing power to the screen, and for some reason, the phone doesn't like that without all of the other standby events that are supposed to activate at the same time. I'm going to try to figure out how to just re-enable the normal screen sleep settings when the phone is on the touchstone. Like I said though, I can't fix any touchstone stuff until I have access to a touchstone for some testing. So unless someone wants to send me a touchstone or knows someone in South Florida who can let me play with theirs for a few days, I can't fix it.

The center light going on is not actually something I'm doing. Its a side effect of killing display power without telling the phone to go to sleep. Weird.

I know the touchstone button doesn't come on if you put the phone on before you open the app. I'll fix that when I have a chance.

I was going to take the touchstone button off completely until I have it fixed, but enough people seem to be using it even in its semi-working state that I'll leave it where it is.

To update people that haven't kept up:
    I'm leaving for a cross-country drive and starting school again, so updates will continue, just slowly.

Once I'm back from the trip, which is more critical for the next update:
    1. Keep the keyboard from reverting (WHEN THE APP IS OPEN) and the screen times out or you push the power button
    or
    2. Keep the keyboard from reverting (WHEN THE APP IS CLOSE) and you open/close the keyboard?

Both will happen eventually, I would just like to know which you want first so I know what to start working on when I get back.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    I really appreciate your efforts toward this program... Its utility is great under low light conditions!

Unfortunately for me, as I do mostly use it under low light conditions, the bug that leads to the keyboard being darkened completely every single time its closed then opened again is very problematic and makes the program not worth using. This issue forces you to open up the Bri.Unl. program to bring back the brightness of the keyboard, each time you open the keyboard. Otherwise it stays dark.

Thanks again for your program, I really hope the darkened keyboard issue can be resolved!
    If you leave the app open in the background, that should help your problem for now. That way you don't have to open it again every time, just leave it as a background card.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse31 View Post
    Great app, thanks for putting it out there. Downloaded the latest (0.1.2) yesterday. Put it on my Touchstone last night to charge with the app open, tapped the button to shut down the screen, all was good.

Walked by it later (30-45 minutes?) and the screen was back on with the clock and padlock. Unlocked the screen, maximized the app, tapped the button to shut down the screen again. Screen went out but this time the light behind the button stayed on all night.

Pulled it off the Touchstone this morning, screen didn't automatically come back. Think I hit the power button to restore the screen. The Pre was then acting funny, lost connectivity to the mobile network (WiFi looked OK), and found that it hadn't charged all night. Put it back on the Touchstone, wouldn't "ding" and give me the charge indicator/lock screen. Had to reboot the Pre to get it back to normal.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! I think I know whats wrong at this point, but I can't fix it without access to a touchstone, so its going to stay broken until I find someone I can borrow a touchstone from for a few days. Since I don't know anyone with a touchstone, that may take a while. Unless someone wants to donate the $80 and I'll go out and buy one :-). J/k.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by importantjoe View Post
    I like my brightness as low as possible to conserve battery.

After installing your latest version I've noticed a nice improvement in my battery life at the lowest settings, NICE

I didn't see anyone else mention this, anyone else?
    The latest version did include some changes that were supposed to help battery life a bit, so I'm glad this worked for you.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by modern View Post
    +1
    There is a patch for this, but it requires shell access. When I have a chance, I'll look into it and see if its something that can be added to an app with having to have access to the linux shell.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    If I close the app my keyboard light won't come back on when I open the slider. If I remove the app, it doesn't set my pre to factory (ie, before Brightness Unlinked installation).
    Please read the updates about the keyboard light when the app is closed. To reset your pre to factory brightness settings/mode, just open up the original screen & lock app and change the brightness. You do not have to remove Brightness Unlinked.
    One problem!
    I've noticed that when I press the "turn off screen" button, that the little home button stays lit, and wont turn off. It even stayed on after I turned the phone on. I had to turn off the phone and reset it.
    Mine didn't do that, srlake, has this happened multiple times? And also, if I delete this app, will the keyboard light sensors go back to normal?
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    One problem!
    I've noticed that when I press the "turn off screen" button, that the little home button stays lit, and wont turn off. It even stayed on after I turned the phone on. I had to turn off the phone and reset it.
    See above. I can't fix it until I get access to a touchstone. I don't have one, don't know anyone that has one, and don't have the money to go out and by one, so this won't be fixed anytime soon. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    See above. I can't fix it until I get access to a touchstone. I don't have one, don't know anyone that has one, and don't have the money to go out and by one, so this won't be fixed anytime soon. Sorry.
    If you were in Phoenix I'd loan you one!
    Downloaded the 0.1.2. There was no Touchstone off button even when I put it on the touchstone. Thanks for the app! Can't wait to be able to use my touchstone in my bedroom again.
    Can anyone answer my keyboard light sensors question?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    It's on my nightstand, but I put the included Pre soft case over the screen at night. The wife doesn't like lights at night!
    LOL. I got a great deal for my package...thank you sprint....
    I will test it again, and let you know if it reoccurred, I didnt want to take any chances, because I freegin love this phone ALOT!
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast