Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Ahhhh... I see what you're talking about now. To duplicate it, this is what I did.

Once you place it on the Tstone and the screen goes dark, if you press the power switch, it causes the screen to turn on, then if you unlock the screen, it goes to the open app then the strange behavior begins:

1. Center gesture button stays lit (close/open keyboard corrects this).
    2. Or if you remove it from the stone, the open app seems to be a little sluggish in responding to any commands (it will eventually respond).
    3. Or once you darken the screen (after being removed from Tstone) via one press of the power button, the screen goes dark but then powers back on once more after 1-2secs of going dark.

What's interesting is that if I did not press the power button while sitting on the Tstone (to enable the screen), it worked correctly (so long as the center gesture button wasn't lit but this occurrence I've seen before installing this app, bug somewhere).
    no, it is going into an infinite charging loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Ahhhh... I see what you're talking about now. To duplicate it, this is what I did.

Once you place it on the Tstone and the screen goes dark, if you press the power switch, it causes the screen to turn on, then if you unlock the screen, it goes to the open app then the strange behavior begins:

1. Center gesture button stays lit (close/open keyboard corrects this).
    2. Or if you remove it from the stone, the open app seems to be a little sluggish in responding to any commands (it will eventually respond).
    3. Or once you darken the screen (after being removed from Tstone) via one press of the power button, the screen goes dark but then powers back on once more after 1-2secs of going dark.

What's interesting is that if I did not press the power button while sitting on the Tstone (to enable the screen), it worked correctly (so long as the center gesture button wasn't lit but this occurrence I've seen before installing this app, bug somewhere).
    mine did almost around the same stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    no, it is going into an infinite charging loop.
    That is not happening on my end. Did you see this behavior prior to installing this app?
    That is not happening on my end. Did you see this behavior prior to installing this app?
    no, but the last time it was on the charger was 12 hours ago. it is only 36hours old
    Nice vid. When you pick it up off the charger and reseat it (maneuver it around a bit), does it stop? Mine will do that if I don't seat it properly. I lift mine and re-seat it and it stops.
    Nice vid. When you pick it up off the charger and reseat it (maneuver it around a bit), does it stop? Mine will do that if I don't seat it properly. I lift mine and re-seat it and it stops.
    oh, it worked? it wasn't working on my end (using the linux box right now)

tried to reseat it probably 50 times, it is all it will do. doesn't make sense when the output is so constant?

View My Video
    Sounds like you have a defective TStone. You should take your phone to the Sprint store and check it with their stock stones. My store has their display Pre's on a stone. Just place yours on it (if your store has this) to check it. Or, if you have a friend that has the stone, do the same. I think it's your stone.
    Sounds like you have a defective TStone. You should take your phone to the Sprint store and check it with their stock stones. My store has their display Pre's on a stone. Just place yours on it (if your store has this) to check it. Or, if you have a friend that has the stone, do the same. I think it's your stone.
    sucks so much. i will try it out. output is so good. did you test the output on yours? is 5.5-5.6v too much, possibly making the battery cut the charge pre-maturely?
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    sucks so much. i will try it out. output is so good. did you test the output on yours? is 5.5v too much, possibly making the battery cut the charge pre-maturely?
    Can't, don't have a meter handy. Was trying to find the tech specs on the Touchstone........
    manual says 5v 1000mA
    Yours @ 5.5 doesn't seem unreasonable. Stone might have a faulty resistor or faulty winding, not allowing a stable circuit to complete.
    Hey Zinge, sorry we thread jacked, got carried away.

My results for the testing of your app are in this thread #101.
    Just wanted to report my touchstone experiences with this app:

Before rebooting .. the screen would come back on after about a minute of being on the TC

After rebooting.. it seemed to be working fine and did not turn back on. I then took it off the TC and turned the screen back on by pressing the power button a couple times. When I put it on the TC a second time, the screen then turned itself back on after about a minute. ?

So I then closed the card and re-opened the app and tried again. It's currently been on the charger for 3 minutes and the screen has not come back on.

Thanks for the app.. keep it up.
    Yours @ 5.5 doesn't seem unreasonable. Stone might have a faulty resistor or faulty winding, not allowing a stable circuit to complete.
    i will have it checked out. thanks.

i wish i was able to test your app tonight zinge
  16.    #116  
    After reading through the replies, this is an update for people who are confused:

My app is not causing people's phones to break, touchstones to go crazy, or meteors to come through your window. I promise. . Seriously though, my app does nothing at all when it is not running. There are no file changes, and nothing that should be able break your phone.

For people testing the touchstone button: thanks. Like I said, I don't have one, so I have no way of testing that what I did is actually working. I do know about the power button/gesture light problem though. I don't know why its doing that, but I know it is happening. If you push the "Turn Off" button, it only turns off the screen, it doesn't actually put the phone to sleep like hitting the normal power button does. That's why if you hit the power button after you turn off the screen, nothing happens till you press it again. The power button is putting the phone to sleep the first time, and waking it back up again the second time. After clicking the "Turn Off Display" button, you should be able to open/close the keyboard or pull the phone off the touchstone to put the display back on. Can somebody try this for me and tell me what happens?

Open the app. Put the phone on the touchstone (make sure it is lined up right and charging. Button should appear. Press button. Within 30 seconds, take phone back off of touchstone. Screen should light back up. Please post and tell me if it does or does not.

If the gesture button lights up after you turn off the screen, just tap the power button twice and it should come back on after a second. I honestly have no idea why it does that, but I'm looking into it. I may change the "Turn Off Display" button to a toggle that you can enable to let your phone go to sleep like normal when it is on the touchstone. This would probably work better and I hopefully wouldn't get the weird gesture button light problem. However, I have no way to write that toggle without having a touchstone around to debug with. If you know anyone in the South Florida area who has a touchstone/battery cover I could borrow for a few days (in about 2 weeks), I can possibly get it working, but other than that, I have no real way to fix it. Sorry.

Still working on fixing the keypad stuff. I think I figured it out (with the app open), but I'm having some syntax trouble with one of the Mojo service subscriptions. Can anyone that knows Mojo.serviceRequest/javascript real well help me out?
    I have installed your app. The button works fine on my Pre. It turns the screen off when on the touchstone. When I pull the Pre off the charger, the screen turns back on.

I have a request that I would like to ask you to consider. The default timer for turning off the screen only allows 3 minutes. This isn't long enough for me when I am using apps such as ereader. Can you include in your app, the ability to extend the timer to 10 or more minutes, also unlimited? This would be real helpful.

Also, could you add a second button that causes the screen to stay on all the time that the Pre is being charged on the touchstone?

---------------------

I found out that after the screen turns off, it will sometimes come back on again. After playing around with the placement of the phone on the touchstone, it seems that the touchstone button operation is affected by the strength of the charge that the phone is receiving from the touchstone. If the phone isn't getting a full charge (i.e. not sitting squarely on the charger), the screen will come back on again after a short period of time. Perhaps you can adjust this parameter so that your app will respond to a wider range of charge strengths.
    Last edited by jingles; 08/09/2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: More information
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    If the voltage is within 10% of factory specs, you're OK. Learned this in Basic Electronics 101... Much more than 10, and I'd exchange the AC adapter.

HTH,

-JerryG
    I like my brightness as low as possible to conserve battery.

After installing your latest version I've noticed a nice improvement in my battery life at the lowest settings, NICE

I didn't see anyone else mention this, anyone else?
    Everything works the way you say it should.

I think palm should pay you for this app and include it in their next update once you get the "background mode' part working.