Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    So last night, I was trying to send an e-mail after a phone call. I had entered a recipient, a subject and most of the body of the e-mail. I was trying to add a salutation when my keyboard stopped working. After I noticed that what I was typing wasn't showing up, eventually the cursor started moving like the spacebar was stuck down. This continued even after switching to a different application and coming back to the e-mail I was composing. Then, I couldn't get the keyboard to work anywhere, including the troubleshooting/interactive test area. I tried a few resets to no avail.

Just now, as I was actually composing this message on my PC to post in the general forums as a new thread, something made me think of your app. I reached for my phone and noticed that the spacebar would still wake the phone up if it fell asleep with the slider open. Then I noticed that any key would wake it up, but I still wasn't getting any data input from the keyboard. I went into your app and played with the keyboard brightness settings, and then my keyboard started working again.

I'm glad I sorted it out just before I was about to head to the Sprint Store for a replacement. Still a great app, and I'm sure you'll figure out the problem, but I definitely wanted others to be aware of this as a potential bug before they all ran back to the store.
    Thanks for the info, but I'm fairly sure nothing in my app could have caused that problem. More likely, one of the calls/subscriptions in my app kicked the keyboard back into service, as opposed to it breaking it in the first place. Especially if my app wasn't open when your keyboard stopped working, because I don't have any way to run it without the app open right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    So last night, I was trying to send an e-mail after a phone call. I had entered a recipient, a subject and most of the body of the e-mail. I was trying to add a salutation when my keyboard stopped working. After I noticed that what I was typing wasn't showing up, eventually the cursor started moving like the spacebar was stuck down. This continued even after switching to a different application and coming back to the e-mail I was composing. Then, I couldn't get the keyboard to work anywhere, including the troubleshooting/interactive test area. I tried a few resets to no avail.

Just now, as I was actually composing this message on my PC to post in the general forums as a new thread, something made me think of your app. I reached for my phone and noticed that the spacebar would still wake the phone up if it fell asleep with the slider open. Then I noticed that any key would wake it up, but I still wasn't getting any data input from the keyboard. I went into your app and played with the keyboard brightness settings, and then my keyboard started working again.

I'm glad I sorted it out just before I was about to head to the Sprint Store for a replacement. Still a great app, and I'm sure you'll figure out the problem, but I definitely wanted others to be aware of this as a potential bug before they all ran back to the store.
    it was probably a bug with the phone...its happened to me once....i had to reboot twice
  3.    #83  
    It's time to play: Good News/Bad News!

Which do you want first? I'll start with the bad, so this post can end on an upbeat.

Bad News: I am leaving on a vacation/roadtrip a week from today. Any updates/fixes that I can't get done before friday will not happen for about 3 weeks.

Good News: Thanks to the people at the L.A. PreDevCamp, I know how to fix the problems I've been having with the keyboard while the app is open. I have also added a button to turn off the screen while the phone is on the touchstone (not tested yet since I don't have a touchstone.) I also (in theory) now know how to rewrite my app to allow it to keep either of the brightness settings from reverting (regardless of whether the app is open or now). Hooray! The whole "rewriting the app to make it work correctly" thing will take a little while though.

I am going to try to push out the next update (keyboard will stop reverting if the app is still open, button to turn off display while on touchstone) before I leave on my roadtrip (by Friday). I do need someone to help me with touchstone testing though. Can someone who has used my app before, doesn't have any mods/patches (root access stuff) involving the screen, and has a touchstone send me a message so I can have you test out the new version with the touchstone button?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post

Which do you want first? I'll start with the bad, so this post can end on an upbeat.

Bad News: I am leaving on a vacation/roadtrip a week from today. Any updates/fixes that I can't get done before friday will not happen for about 3 weeks.

Good News: Thanks to the people at the L.A. PreDevCamp, I know how to fix the problems I've been having with the keyboard while the app is open. I have also added a button to turn off the screen while the phone is on the touchstone (not tested yet since I don't have a touchstone.) I also (in theory) now know how to rewrite my app to allow it to keep either of the brightness settings from reverting (regardless of whether the app is open or now). Hooray! The whole "rewriting the app to make it work correctly" thing will take a little while though.

I am going to try to push out the next update (keyboard will stop reverting if the app is still open, button to turn off display while on touchstone) before I leave on my roadtrip (by Friday). I do need someone to help me with touchstone testing though. Can someone who has used my app before, doesn't have any mods/patches (root access stuff) involving the screen, and has a touchstone send me a message so I can have you test out the new version with the touchstone button?

Thanks.
    awesome can't w8 for the updates!!!

Thanks.
    i dont mind testing!!!

Thanks.
    i have root access and a few other mods, otherwise i would love to test it for you
    ill test it
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont mind testing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtomesswithu View Post
    ill test it
    New version uploaded. Please open the app, then put your phone on the touchstone and try it out for me. Thanks.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    i have root access and a few other mods, otherwise i would love to test it for you
    Go ahead and test it anyway. I just want to make sure it works for people without mods first (to make sure I'm doing it right, since I have no way of testing it myself), before I try to debug something that might not be my programs fault.
    Go ahead and test it anyway. I just want to make sure it works for people without mods first (to make sure I'm doing it right, since I have no way of testing it myself), before I try to debug something that might not be my programs fault.
    only mod i really have installed is the battery icon % and i have changed some image files. shouldn't be anything else that your program is calling up (i am guessing)

edit: well, it appears that maybe my touchstone is not working, it is cycling between charge on and off. but when it starts to charge it does pop up a button to turn off the screen
    Last edited by flyboy1100; 08/08/2009 at 11:24 PM.
    thats weird...i tried installing the new update via filacoaster and i get an install error
    Just tested it. It does shut off with the button. It doesn't turn back on when you remove it from the touchstone UNTIL you open the keyboard. Simply removing it from the Tstone doesn't turn the screen back on. Not sure if it was suppose to or not?? Nice app nonetheless!! I don't have a problem with the screen being on at night (it's really not that bright and I sleep in a very dark room?) but cool app anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just tested it. It does shut off with the button. It doesn't turn back on when you remove it from the touchstone UNTIL you open the keyboard. Simply removing it from the Tstone doesn't turn the screen back on. Not sure if it was suppose to or not?? Nice app nonetheless!! I don't have a problem with the screen being on at night (it's really not that bright and I sleep in a very dark room?) but cool app anyway!
    wow installing this version made my pre go crazy
    when installing the program; it doesn't edit any files, correct? i can't figure out why my touchstone worked up until i installed your program. i used the charger earlier this afternoon for a few min and didn't have any problems. i did not try it right before updating your program, so i suppose it is possible it has developed a problem since that time?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wow installing this version made my pre go crazy
    how, is it turning the charge on/off? i hope so because that is what is happening to me too!
    when installing the program; it doesn't edit any files, correct? i can't figure out why my touchstone worked up until i installed your program. i used the charger earlier this afternoon for a few min and didn't have any problems. i did not try it right before updating your program, so i suppose it is possible it has developed a problem since that time?
    when i connected my pre it did turn off the screen when i pressed the button...when i took it off the touchstone...it didnt light up...then i pressed the power button and it turned on...im like ok and then the above post said it did turn on when u open the keyboard so i wanted to test that...so i put it on the touchstone again...and then the button for turning off the display wouldnt function im like weird...then my gestures started acting crazy im like wtf....i tried to delete brightness unlinked...it didnt let me!!! so i rebooted went to screen and lock and manually switched it to the default i had b4...it worked then i went to brightness unlinked and deleted it i was like **** i thought i ****ed up my pre
    None of that behavior is occurring with mine? Flyboy, are you sure you're hitting the sweet spot when you place it on the stone? If it is set on it correctly, it will ping once. If it is not in the sweet spot, it will ping several times until you remove it and re-seat it. This is normal behavior that has been seen since day one of the Pre being launched.
    None of that behavior is occurring with mine? Flyboy, are you sure you're hitting the sweet spot when you place it on the stone? If it is set on it correctly, it will ping once. If it is not in the sweet spot, it will ping several times until you remove it and re-seat it. This is normal behavior that has been seen since day one of the Pre being launched.
    about 50 times, i pulled out the multi-meter and tested it, output is 5.5v @1.04amps, constant. might try to bend the pins and see if that helps any
    about 50 times, i pulled out the multi-meter and tested it, output is 5.5v @1.04amps, constant. might try to bend the pins and see if that helps any

Wow. I'm checking mine again to see if I can duplicate that behavior.... standby Ghostrider........
    Wow. I'm checking mine again to see if I can duplicate that behavior.... standby Ghostrider........
    i just put the back on the touchstone and tested at the 2 metal pads. phone is rebooting now, hopefully it works or something is defective and i have no idea what
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast