Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captitano View Post
    Hi,

sure? What I see is that it terminates after some time -sometimes immediately, sometimes after several minutes or hours, but never over night or even longer.
    Yeh, this is the same for me - once I swipe away the dashboard notification BU stops running and reverts to my stock settings.
    This app would be PERFECT if we could have it running persistently in the background without having the card open and with no notification icon displayed!
    Hi,

sure? What I see is that it terminates after some time -sometimes immediately, sometimes after several minutes or hours, but never over night or even longer.
    I have mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but forgot to mention here, that I run the Persistent BU Patch, available on WOSQI or Preware, which probably is why I don't need to leave the dashboard up. Sorry for being misleading...can I claim brain-fart?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    This app would be PERFECT if we could have it running persistently in the background without having the card open and with no notification icon displayed!
    It does. Just use the app, then get the Start BU with luna start patch and you're good to go.
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by friedchicken View Post
    It does. Just use the app, then get the Start BU with luna start patch and you're good to go.
    no, it doesn't. As soon as I wipe off the "notification icon" BU will stop working sooner or later -mostly sooner or immediately. The start patch caused a problem during startup, so I had to doctor the Pre -happened twice here. I'd love to see an option to run BU without this notification, it would be no problem to start it manually -I do not reboot too frequently...
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    Installed BU last week. Screen still keeps lighting up when on the Touchstone. Any ideas?

Thanx, -NF
  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by natefirethorn View Post
    Installed BU last week. Screen still keeps lighting up when on the Touchstone. Any ideas?

Thanx, -NF
    What webos version are you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    what webos version are you on?

- nf
    I just installed reverse keyboard brightness and uninstalled BU
    Hey guys I just got this new patch lastnight, it operates BU automatically.

Turns it on at first boot, or reboot. Keeps it running in the background just like it used to. It's Preware under the patch section and it's called "Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot" Oh it also does that.. boots BU on Luna reboot as well. Basically its boots it any time its needs to be.

Now as for that, I'm running a semi stock pre Webos 1.4.1.1 (still haha). Sprint, not overclocked.
    I have patches and other various app's.

This is random, but has anyone here had an issue where you slide open your pre, and the screen goes out, but you keyboard is still lit? you close it...push the power button and nothing happens, you open it again and sometimes it still wont turn on. You give it about 5 to 10 seconds and then its fine again.

Anyone have this issue before? I kinda have a feeling it may be something to do with BU, not pointing fingers, I only mention it because BU does modifiy the operation of the screen and keyboard, so that would be my first place to look.

Anyways get the patch its awesome!!!! I now no longer have to boot BU and look at it always sitting there at the bottom of my screen. Yay I have 4/16ths of my screen back!!!!!!! lol

Enjoy everyone...
    I had BU installed previously, but I hated the dashboard icon, and it seemed it wouldn't keep working without it. After the 1.4.5 update I had a lot of jammed up patches and had to doctor. I reinstalled BU and it works great all the time. I love that I can now use the standard brightness control and it doesn't affect my keyboard. (Before it would always kill BU.) I just wish I didn't have to get rid of the dashboard icon every time I close the program.
    I am also using the patches Reduce Minimum Brightness, Start Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot, and Brightness in Device Menu.
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Thad Herring View Post
    I just wish I didn't have to get rid of the dashboard icon every time I close the program.
    I think this icon is annoying. It does not make any sense.
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Thad Herring View Post
    I had BU installed previously, but I hated the dashboard icon, and it seemed it wouldn't keep working without it. After the 1.4.5 update I had a lot of jammed up patches and had to doctor. I reinstalled BU and it works great all the time. I love that I can now use the standard brightness control and it doesn't affect my keyboard. (Before it would always kill BU.) I just wish I didn't have to get rid of the dashboard icon every time I close the program.
    I am also using the patches Reduce Minimum Brightness, Start Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot, and Brightness in Device Menu.
    Hi,

I think this icon is annoying. It does not make any sense.
    Just install inverted keyboard brightness. Its much better. Get it here.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rightness.html
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rightness.html
    I do too. Plus it can also be install via internalz. I can't get the new patch to install using internalz.

Ps. Thanks for the link...
    Hi,
    sounds good, but since it is not available in Preware (although it was announced some months ago) it is not in my scope.

Thanks for the hint.
    Alex
    Just install inverted keyboard brightness. Its much better.
    But I don't want the keyboard to be bright - ever. With BU, I have the keyboard set at about 10 and never change it. And now that BU isn't disrupted by adjusting the screen brightness from outside the program, I really never need to open it.
    does By finally run in the background?
    I don't understand what has changed, or when it changed. All I know is that now I can set my keyboard brightness and close BU, swipe away the background task notification, and then when I adjust display brightness from Screen & Lock, or from the device menu (using the Brightness in Device Menu patch), my keyboard brightness changes for a second and then returns to where I left it.
    oh see but you have to run the app every time. That's not for me. I think the keyboard gets way too dim when the screen gets dim, since we have such bright screens. I used to use BU to make the keyboard brighter but now with inverted keyboard brightness its all automatic. Whatever works best for you though.
    oh see but you have to run the app every time. That's not for me. I think the keyboard gets way too dim when the screen gets dim, since we have such bright screens. I used to use BU to make the keyboard brighter but now with inverted keyboard brightness its all automatic. Whatever works best for you though.