Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 891
  1. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    The reason people are seeing this is not because of brightness unlinked. If you're phone slows down and basically stops, and you see the "Brightness Unlinked" banner, it is because something happened that caused your phone to try and close things that were taking up memory, and then make sure that everything on the "launch on boot" list is still running. When it does this, you see the BU banner because that is the only one of the "launch on boot" apps that gives any indication of turning itself back on. It's not something my app causes, but it makes it more noticeable because you can see when your phone has slowed down and tried to restart things, as opposed to everyone else, who's phone slows down, and then speeds back up without notifying them. Does that make sense?
    Just realized this after I started using Mode Switcher. Now when my phone tweaks out, I get the Brightness Unlinked banner followed by a Mode Switcher banner (have both set to launch at boot). Almost always seems to happen on image-heavy pages in the browser.
  2. trevgtp's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #842  
    my phone's keyboard won't light up at all now UNLESS i'm running brightness unlinked-ideas?
  3. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtp231 View Post
    my phone's keyboard won't light up at all now UNLESS i'm running brightness unlinked-ideas?
    Any chance your overall brightness is turned down low so it turns off the keyboard? There's a minimum level of brightness before the keyboard is on, IIRC.
  4. rpr
    rpr is offline
    rpr's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #844  
    Anything greater than 1 for brightness seems to make the keyboard light up, at least for me.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  5. #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtp231 View Post
    my phone's keyboard won't light up at all now UNLESS i'm running brightness unlinked-ideas?
    I have no idea if this will work or not it is basically a wild shot. I personally don't use brightness unlinked because I'm fine with the brightness levels of both when I set the brightness to about 35% in screen and lock. But I'm figuring the following will make sure that the brightness unlinked settings aren't retained after uninstall in the event that is what is happening. If this is happening at all brightness levels from min to max (100%). I would install brightness unlinked again put both screen and KB to 100% in the app and also 100% in the screen and lock app. Then uninstall brightness unlinked and then reboot and adjust the brightness in screen and lock app to your preference if you won't be using brightness unlinked any more.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6.    #846  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I have no idea if this will work or not it is basically a wild shot. I personally don't use brightness unlinked because I'm fine with the brightness levels of both when I set the brightness to about 35% in screen and lock. But I'm figuring the following will make sure that the brightness unlinked settings aren't retained after uninstall in the event that is what is happening. If this is happening at all brightness levels from min to max (100%). I would install brightness unlinked again put both screen and KB to 100% in the app and also 100% in the screen and lock app. Then uninstall brightness unlinked and then reboot and adjust the brightness in screen and lock app to your preference if you won't be using brightness unlinked any more.
    That would work, but it doesn't really matter, as its not possible for the settings to be kept in any way after the application is uninstalled. I would recommend turning up your normal brightness settings, they are probably just set too low for you to see the keyboard lights.
  7. #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    That would work, but it doesn't really matter, as its not possible for the settings to be kept in any way after the application is uninstalled. I would recommend turning up your normal brightness settings, they are probably just set too low for you to see the keyboard lights.
    I figured as much but on the uber rare off chance some fraction of a percent chance it did happen I figured it was worth a shot checking all those details.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  8. #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Just realized this after I started using Mode Switcher. Now when my phone tweaks out, I get the Brightness Unlinked banner followed by a Mode Switcher banner (have both set to launch at boot). Almost always seems to happen on image-heavy pages in the browser.
    How were you able to get both of them to launch at boot? I either have to have Mode Switcher installed, OR have Brightness Unlinked launch at boot. Right now I have Mode Switcher installed and Preware throws an error if I try to install Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot. If I uninstall Mode Switcher I am able to install the Launch Brightness Unlinked patch.
  9. #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Just realized this after I started using Mode Switcher. Now when my phone tweaks out, I get the Brightness Unlinked banner followed by a Mode Switcher banner (have both set to launch at boot). Almost always seems to happen on image-heavy pages in the browser.
    Yes the browser is leaking memory and WebOS restarts background applications when memory goes low. Hence the banners. I "fixed" this in latest MS so that its startup routing is now much more lightweight so the startup procedure should not be noticed anymore when MS is restarted. Hopefully the browser is fixed in next release since now it is very easy to get the memory low things happening by using the browser.
  10. #850  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreamwalker View Post
    How were you able to get both of them to launch at boot? I either have to have Mode Switcher installed, OR have Brightness Unlinked launch at boot. Right now I have Mode Switcher installed and Preware throws an error if I try to install Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot. If I uninstall Mode Switcher I am able to install the Launch Brightness Unlinked patch.
    I manually edited luna.conf to get MS and BU loaded at start up.

    I am thinking about using MS to start BU which would be cleaner.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11. #851  
    If apps like Switcharoo can run in the background without banners and notifications popping up, why can't BU operate in a similar fashion?
    Last edited by sjamie; 06/04/2010 at 11:18 PM.
  12. kita's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #852  
    My pre doesn't seem to dim very much with this patch.
    i've read through, and some folks say it's so dim in a dark room they can barely see the numbers. it's about the same for me as it is without the patch.
    any suggestions?
    everything else on the patch seems to work.
    thank you!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
  13. #853  
    Great application works great in a dark room.
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

    http://about.me/robert.whisler
  14. #854  
    Hey,

    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I don't have time to read through 40+ pages of posts! Is it possible to have Brightness Unlinked running without it staying in the notification area? I like having an empty notification area but Brightness Unlinked is very useful!
  15. #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by icklepriest View Post
    Hey,

    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I don't have time to read through 40+ pages of posts! Is it possible to have Brightness Unlinked running without it staying in the notification area? I like having an empty notification area but Brightness Unlinked is very useful!
    Yes...that is fine...in the current iteration of the app, you can keep the app alive by EITHER keeping the card open for the app --OR-- keeping the dashboard icon running. Even though it loads both up, you do not need to keep both running for it to work. make sense?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  16. #856  
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    in the current iteration of the app, you can keep the app alive by EITHER keeping the card open for the app --OR-- keeping the dashboard icon running.
    it's a pity that I have to waste the space the dashboard needs although I cannot take any benefit of it.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
  17. #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Yes...that is fine...in the current iteration of the app, you can keep the app alive by EITHER keeping the card open for the app --OR-- keeping the dashboard icon running. Even though it loads both up, you do not need to keep both running for it to work. make sense?
    That does make sense but would it be possible for it to run without either the card or the dashboard icon? I may be asking for the impossible but I like not having many cards open and a clear dashboard. Other apps seem to be able to run completely in the background is it not possible for this to do the same?

    As I said, I ay be asking for something that is impossible - am just wondering/floating ideas...
  18. #858  
    I always delete the dashboard icon and BU runs in the background for me just fine, FWIW.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  19. #859  
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I always delete the dashboard icon and BU runs in the background for me just fine, FWIW.
    sure? What I see is that it terminates after some time -sometimes immediately, sometimes after several minutes or hours, but never over night or even longer.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
  20. #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captitano View Post
    Hi,

    sure? What I see is that it terminates after some time -sometimes immediately, sometimes after several minutes or hours, but never over night or even longer.
    Yeh, this is the same for me - once I swipe away the dashboard notification BU stops running and reverts to my stock settings.

Posting Permissions