Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445 LastLast
  1.    #801  
    [QUOTE=Audemars02;2325267]try this link: [url]

lemme know if that works. If not, I'll check my comp when I get home today and see if I have a copy to post.
    [QUOTE=zinge;2325302]
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    try this link: [url]

lemme know if that works. If not, I'll check my comp when I get home today and see if I have a copy to post.
    Actually, it looks like that link isn't working anymore... should have checked that first...sorry
  3.    #803  
    0.3.2 is attached for those who want to use the patch without the dashboard version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    0.3.2 is attached for those who want to use the patch without the dashboard version.
    Thanks for the great patch! Is there any way to have a future version that allows enabling/disabling of the dashboard via menu?

Or, if not, how about both versions being available via Preware?
  5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Thanks for the great patch! Is there any way to have a future version that allows enabling/disabling of the dashboard via menu?

Or, if not, how about both versions being available via Preware?
    I'll add the menu option back in when I have more time again; I just wanted to get the app back working on Preware asap.
    Since installing the .3.3 version (using preware update), when I press the power button to 'wake' the phone, the lock icon shows, however the background (blank w/ clock) is not displayed. The layer beneath (last active card) is displayed w/ the lock icon on top of it. I can support further troubleshooting if directions are provided.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaftdad View Post
    Since installing the .3.3 version (using preware update), when I press the power button to 'wake' the phone, the lock icon shows, however the background (blank w/ clock) is not displayed. The layer beneath (last active card) is displayed w/ the lock icon on top of it. I can support further troubleshooting if directions are provided.
    This happens due to an issue with preware/package manager service. A Luna reboot should clear it up. I don't think it's related to Brightness Unlinked at all.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaftdad View Post
    This isn't an issue with Brightness Unlinked, IMHO, it's a WebOS 1.40 issue. A Luna restart will clear this problem

How long? YMMV...

HTH,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    sorry but where is the link to download .3.3 from here? having probs using preware as it says i need a ipkg update (an i cant work out how to do that!)

if i have a link on here i can try to install via webosQI ta
  10.    #810  
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoodstick View Post
    sorry but where is the link to download .3.3 from here? having probs using preware as it says i need a ipkg update (an i cant work out how to do that!)

if i have a link on here i can try to install via webosQI ta
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...tness-unlinked

I'm on webos 1.4 (Verizon). I just downloaded the version that runs without the dashboard, and it seems to work ok, until you turn off the screen. Once you turn the screen back on, the keyboard doesn't light until you restart the app. Is this a bug or a known feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I'm on webos 1.4 (Verizon). I just downloaded the version that runs without the dashboard, and it seems to work ok, until you turn off the screen. Once you turn the screen back on, the keyboard doesn't light until you restart the app. Is this a bug or a known feature?
    it is known -- background was killed by 1.4 -- if you add the patch launch brightnees unlinked after a luna reset this will keep it on -- you are talking about 3.2 right?

rob
    yessir - I am running 3.2 and verizon hasn't sent out 1.4.x yet...

should I remove the app before adding the launch BU?

Thanks!
    I don't believe so - I have installed it after the fact -
    also preware will give you.the option to upgrade - I wouldn't
    I've tried the "run brightness unlinked on boot" but it seems that I randomly have issues where the phone grinds to a crawl, and then I see the "brightness unlinked" is runing popup at the bottom, and then it's back to normal. Has anyone else had this?
    Just installed and it's working great - thanks zinge for a great app and thanks mespiff for your help!
  18.    #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver00 View Post
    I've tried the "run brightness unlinked on boot" but it seems that I randomly have issues where the phone grinds to a crawl, and then I see the "brightness unlinked" is runing popup at the bottom, and then it's back to normal. Has anyone else had this?
    The reason people are seeing this is not because of brightness unlinked. If you're phone slows down and basically stops, and you see the "Brightness Unlinked" banner, it is because something happened that caused your phone to try and close things that were taking up memory, and then make sure that everything on the "launch on boot" list is still running. When it does this, you see the BU banner because that is the only one of the "launch on boot" apps that gives any indication of turning itself back on. It's not something my app causes, but it makes it more noticeable because you can see when your phone has slowed down and tried to restart things, as opposed to everyone else, who's phone slows down, and then speeds back up without notifying them. Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    The reason people are seeing this is not because of brightness unlinked. If you're phone slows down and basically stops, and you see the "Brightness Unlinked" banner, it is because something happened that caused your phone to try and close things that were taking up memory, and then make sure that everything on the "launch on boot" list is still running. When it does this, you see the BU banner because that is the only one of the "launch on boot" apps that gives any indication of turning itself back on. It's not something my app causes, but it makes it more noticeable because you can see when your phone has slowed down and tried to restart things, as opposed to everyone else, who's phone slows down, and then speeds back up without notifying them. Does that make sense?
    Yes it does! Thanks for the explanation - I was blaming the wrong app because you're right, I still get that occasional slowdown/speedup occurrence but I don't see the BU banner so didn't connect the dots that they were unrelated. Guess now I need to figure out what's causing my phone to slow/speed in the first place.
    Very insightful post. Thanks zinge.
    Last edited by TheDZEdge; 04/08/2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Failed to quote post I was referencing.