Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by virsago View Post
    I agree with some users about the screen brightness. I'd be happy if keyboard brightness was a stand alone setting in the device menu, like the patch that adds screen brightness to the device menu.

However, my primary reason for downloading this patch is the touchstone feature that was broken by webOS 1.4. There is no other way to disable the screen on the touchstone and it drives me crazy. I don't know why Palm doesn't offer this by default. If there was any app/patch that turned my screen off on the touchstone at night, I would gladly pay for it. I'd even be happy if the app didn't run in the background.
    I dont have a touchstone to confirm working or not, but have you tried quicksystem tasks in homebrew?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I just run BU at night and minimise the app so it runs and keeps the screen off whilst on the TS. Not ideal, but better than a pillow on top of it.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Using the 'Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot' patch works perfect for me along with Brightness Unlinked.
    I originally tried that combination, and what I was was Brightness Unlinked sometimes being launched repeatedly, especially while browsing. It was as if the application was repeatedly being killed and restarted. I finally removed the patch because of this.

Has the patch been changed so it works differently?
    Quote Originally Posted by virsago View Post
    However, my primary reason for downloading this patch is the touchstone feature that was broken by webOS 1.4.
    It works fine for me on the touchstone with webOS 1.4.0.
    the unlinked does not work unless you leave it open always
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the unlinked does not work unless you leave it open always
    Yeah...I haven't tried it in background mode. I just open it right before I put it on my touchstone at night and close it in the morning.
    yeah they changed the way background apps are handled with the update and skuewd everything up jee wiz !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by uk-pre View Post
    I just run BU at night and minimise the app so it runs and keeps the screen off whilst on the TS. Not ideal, but better than a pillow on top of it.
    Why didn't I think of that? I confirmed this works for me last night. I also tried out Quick System Tasks and it works. I can sleep again.
  9.    #789  
    HEy guys, sorry for the lack of info. I've been out of town for a little, back just for today, and will be leaving again tomorrow. I'll be back on March 22nd, and then I'll be able to start working on this again. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $for$ $now$ $I$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $re$-$enable$ $the$ $dashboard$ $because$ $of$ $some$ $code$ $changes$ $in$ $1$.$4$. $Basically$, $an$ $app$ $with$ $no$ $cards$ $open$ $has$ ~$15$ $seconds$ $to$ $finish$ $executing$, $and$ $there$ $in$ $no$ $way$ $around$ $this$ $for$ $the$ $moment$. $When$ $the$ $next$ $update$ $comes$ $out$, $supposedly$ $this$ $will$ $be$ $changed$ $to$ ~$60$ $seconds$. $When$ $that$ $happens$, $I$'$m$ $going$ $to$ $try$ $having$ $it$ $set$ $a$ $background$ $alarm$ $that$ $re$-$runs$ $the$ $program$ $every$ $60$ $seconds$, $but$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $well$ $it$ $will$ $work$. $Besides$ $turning$ $back$ $on$ $the$ $dashboard$, $there$'$s$ $not$ $a$ $whole$ $lot$ $I$ $can$ $do$ $at$ $this$ $point$, $but$ $I$'$ll$ $do$ $that$ $when$ $I$ $get$ $a$ $chance$. $Maybe$ $its$ $time$ $to$ $contact$ $Palm$ $about$ $getting$ $the$ $features$ $from$ $my$ $app$ $in$ $WebOS$ $as$ $real$ $settings$? ($Or$ $allowing$ $real$ $background$ $apps$...)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    HEy guys, sorry for the lack of info. I've been out of town for a little, back just for today, and will be leaving again tomorrow. I'll be back on March 22nd, and then I'll be able to start working on this again. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $for$ $now$ $I$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $re$-$enable$ $the$ $dashboard$ $because$ $of$ $some$ $code$ $changes$ $in$ $1$.$4$. $Basically$, $an$ $app$ $with$ $no$ $cards$ $open$ $has$ ~$15$ $seconds$ $to$ $finish$ $executing$, $and$ $there$ $in$ $no$ $way$ $around$ $this$ $for$ $the$ $moment$. $When$ $the$ $next$ $update$ $comes$ $out$, $supposedly$ $this$ $will$ $be$ $changed$ $to$ ~$60$ $seconds$. $When$ $that$ $happens$, $I$'$m$ $going$ $to$ $try$ $having$ $it$ $set$ $a$ $background$ $alarm$ $that$ $re$-$runs$ $the$ $program$ $every$ $60$ $seconds$, $but$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $well$ $it$ $will$ $work$. $Besides$ $turning$ $back$ $on$ $the$ $dashboard$, $there$'$s$ $not$ $a$ $whole$ $lot$ $I$ $can$ $do$ $at$ $this$ $point$, $but$ $I$'$ll$ $do$ $that$ $when$ $I$ $get$ $a$ $chance$. $Maybe$ $its$ $time$ $to$ $contact$ $Palm$ $about$ $getting$ $the$ $features$ $from$ $my$ $app$ $in$ $WebOS$ $as$ $real$ $settings$? ($Or$ $allowing$ $real$ $background$ $apps$...)
    hopefully it gets working out soon
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Maybe its time to contact Palm about getting the features from my app in WebOS as real settings? (Or allowing real background apps...)
    Yes, I'd like to see BU built into WebOS - both the split LED brightness levels and the no-light touchstone function. It's basic functionality that should be there.
    Amen!
    Maybe its time to contact Palm about getting the features from my app in WebOS as real settings? (Or allowing real background apps...)
    I second that. You've demonstrated that it's possible to change these settings separately, so why didn't Palm do that to begin with? Seems like a no-brainer. They should do everything they can to make their phones more customizable.
    i was just wondering if you planned on updating this. since the new palm program came out it no longer works. it is an awesome application to use and would hate to lose it. thanks for the work that you have done...
  15.    #795  
    Been out of town; I'll work on it when I get a chance, at least to add the dashboard back.
    is it just me or is BU missing from Preware? I had it installed but needed to reinstall, but wheb I went to download it again it was not in Preware. Thoughts?
    "403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it." ~Google
    BU is missing from Preware, does anyone know why?
    "403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it." ~Google
  18.    #798  
    Updated and uploaded (with the dashboard back). If its working fine for you and running in the background with the patch, you may not want to update, because the dashboard might interact funny with being restarted all the time.
    where can i download .3.2? -- i don't like the dash board and i have the patch installed and it was working fine -- i just updated because it was available -- should have read the description first

thanks
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    where can i download .3.2? -- i don't like the dash board and i have the patch installed and it was working fine -- i just updated because it was available -- should have read the description first

thanks
    Rob
    try this link: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.3.2_all.ipk

EDIT -- looks like that link is broken.. sorry. :-(
    Last edited by Audemars02; 03/23/2010 at 11:37 AM.