Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I have no idea :-). I don't have a touchstone, so I have no way to test if its possible or not. What happens if you put it on the touchstone and turn the screen off? Or you'd like a way for it to be automatic?
    When you place the phone on the touchstone and press the power button once it does dim the screen and displays the time...that's nice but it is still too bright. It would be nice to set a timer to shut the screen off or to be able to choose to set it off when on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Hopefully, this'll allow me to keep my keyboard light on after the battery dips below 20 percent. After that 20 percent marker my Pre is much less usefull, as it's normally the end of the day and I'm winding down for bed in a darkened room. The battery will drain quicker, but I'm totally cool with that.
    I just wanted to confirm that this was indeed the case and to sing the praises of this app. Some improvements along the way would most certainly be welcome, but this is already a life saver.
  3.    #63  
    To everyone that was bothered by the keyboard brightness resetting when you opened and closed the keyboard...

FIXED!

(the app still has to be open in the background for this to work)

Next update will hopefully fix the same problem, but for the case when the phone goes to sleep, or the power button is hit (with the app still open).
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I can confirm that it works. Great job. Whenever the app is open and I open the keyboard it works. From your post I can tell you already know but this is to clear it up for others;

*When the keyboard is open and the program is open and your phone goes to sleep or you hit the power button upon waking the keyboard will be set to the display and not to the program. But when you open and close the keyboard it will be back to your setting.
    Thanks for this app, Zinge -- looks promising that you'll soon get the bugs worked out.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    This is an awesome app. Many thanks Zinge.
    I know you are busy but you mentioned in another thread about having an option to turn off the screen when on the touchstone. Are you still working on this feature? If so, do you have a rough time line?
    Definitely a great idea. Would like even dimmer screen settings. FWIW - I reset the phone with the program up and the settings stuck afterward with the program off. Hope this helps. Will donate tomorrow when I get paid! Hope you continue with this!
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I know you are busy but you mentioned in another thread about having an option to turn off the screen when on the touchstone. Are you still working on this feature? If so, do you have a rough time line?
    I'll add this to the [Future Updates] section in the description. I won't have a chance to work on anything tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be able to add a few things/fix some more bugs at PreDevCamp on saturday. If somebody has a touchstone at the Dev Camp, I'll be able to do this easier. If they don't, I'll work on having a version that people with touchstones can test out for me by around Monday/Tuesday night.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalfringe View Post
    Definitely a great idea. Would like even dimmer screen settings. FWIW - I reset the phone with the program up and the settings stuck afterward with the program off. Hope this helps. Will donate tomorrow when I get paid! Hope you continue with this!
    Thanks for the info. I'm not sure it can go any dimmer, sorry. Right now my app goes all the way down to zero. I'm working on a button to turn the display off (so that people using it on a touchstone can kill the screen completely, but I don't think there is anything lower than 0. When I get a chance though, I'll try passing it some negative numbers just to see what happens. If it works, I'll add it in to the app.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    I can confirm that it works. Great job. Whenever the app is open and I open the keyboard it works. From your post I can tell you already know but this is to clear it up for others;

*When the keyboard is open and the program is open and your phone goes to sleep or you hit the power button upon waking the keyboard will be set to the display and not to the program. But when you open and close the keyboard it will be back to your setting.
    Thanks for the confirmation.
    Great app! I will download it again once the keyboard issues are corrected. I had to do a partial erase/reset to get my keyboard light back after uninstalling the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by arch3d View Post
    Great app! I will download it again once the keyboard issues are corrected. I had to do a partial erase/reset to get my keyboard light back after uninstalling the app.
    u didnt need to do a partial erase...u couldve just gotten into the screen and lock app and toggled the screen brightness bar and its fixed...
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by arch3d View Post
    To change the setting back to stock; just go into the screen and lock app and use the brightness slider there. You don't even need to uninstall the app.
    To change the setting back to stock; just go into the screen and lock app and use the brightness slider there. You don't even need to uninstall the app.
    hey zinge when do u think ull have the keyboard setting fixed?
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    will there be a fix so you dont need to have the app open for the brightness levels to stay
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    will there be a fix so you dont need to have the app open for the brightness levels to stay
    Yes and no. There's no real way to do it without writing a service and doing a bunch of shell stuff (root access required). I'm going to look into running a background process (like Switcharoo) that you can toggle on and off to keep the keyboard settings active though. I'm not sure how successful I will or won't be.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey zinge when do u think ull have the keyboard setting fixed?
    You mean the going into standby/turning on and off part? I'm hoping tomorrow at PreDevCamp I'll be able to fix those two problems, but it will still only work when my app is open in the background.

As far as the keyboard sticking when the app is not open... I'm working on it. There is no "correct" way to do it with the allowed Mojo calls, but I'm doing some research. Right now, I'm trying to look into possible creating a toggle that would allow the app to run in the background to keep the keyboard set correctly even when the app is not open. I have no idea whether or not I can do it, but I am trying. I don't really have a timeframe. If I can get everything working with the app open on Saturday, then by next Saturday I'd like to have the background service thing figured out. If I can't get the stuff I want done tomorrow, it will take significantly longer to get it working without the app running, as I will be driving back across the country in a week, and won't have computer access, much less be able to program.
    You mean the going into standby/turning on and off part? I'm hoping tomorrow at PreDevCamp I'll be able to fix those two problems, but it will still only work when my app is open in the background.

As far as the keyboard sticking when the app is not open... I'm working on it. There is no "correct" way to do it with the allowed Mojo calls, but I'm doing some research. Right now, I'm trying to look into possible creating a toggle that would allow the app to run in the background to keep the keyboard set correctly even when the app is not open. I have no idea whether or not I can do it, but I am trying. I don't really have a timeframe. If I can get everything working with the app open on Saturday, then by next Saturday I'd like to have the background service thing figured out. If I can't get the stuff I want done tomorrow, it will take significantly longer to get it working without the app running, as I will be driving back across the country in a week, and won't have computer access, much less be able to program.
    don't worry man take ur time...no rush...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Update: I tend to agree with what Zinge and Maxima say in the next two posts. I'm not sure if I had this app open or not, but please don't let this stop you from using it. Just something for everyone to be aware of. And maybe it does fix some other problem!?!

So last night, I was trying to send an e-mail after a phone call. I had entered a recipient, a subject and most of the body of the e-mail. I was trying to add a salutation when my keyboard stopped working. After I noticed that what I was typing wasn't showing up, eventually the cursor started moving like the spacebar was stuck down. This continued even after switching to a different application and coming back to the e-mail I was composing. Then, I couldn't get the keyboard to work anywhere, including the troubleshooting/interactive test area. I tried a few resets to no avail.

Just now, as I was actually composing this message on my PC to post in the general forums as a new thread, something made me think of your app. I reached for my phone and noticed that the spacebar would still wake the phone up if it fell asleep with the slider open. Then I noticed that any key would wake it up, but I still wasn't getting any data input from the keyboard. I went into your app and played with the keyboard brightness settings, and then my keyboard started working again.

I'm glad I sorted it out just before I was about to head to the Sprint Store for a replacement. Still a great app, and I'm sure you'll figure out the problem, but I definitely wanted others to be aware of this as a potential bug before they all ran back to the store.
    Last edited by CooLOnE; 08/08/2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Update
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast