Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    the patch is only supposed to turn it on with a reboot though right? No that's preset reset that does that lol never mind. Well they both do this but oh well I will wait until its fixed then.
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/04/2010 at 11:46 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Last night, BU worked fine, when combined with the No TS Alert patch.. Like a charm..
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the patch is only supposed to turn it on with a reboot though right? No that's preset reset that does that lol never mind. Well they both do this but oh well I will wait until its fixed then.
    I have nothing to do with the patch, but I have a feeling that the "list of apps that open on reboots" that it adds to is actually a list of apps that are always open and running (such as phone, messaging, etc.). It may just be a list of apps that needs to be kept alive, in which case it would relaunch brightness unlinked if it were to exit. Not sure though.
    well I will reload this app after it gets fixed I guess . Thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yesterday, I did an erase apps and data. Then, I reinstalled BU with Preware. Works fine again. I think I had fouled things up when I did the 1.4 update without removing patches, etc. Thanks for the reply.
    Please fix this awesome app! I love typing on my well lit keyboard and still be able to keep the screen dim.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but BU keeps dying on me.
    When it's running, no problem, but "tap to run in background" works only until I turn the screen off for the first time. It is then (or to be a little bit more precise, shortly thereafter) that my Pre forgets all about lighting up the keyboard :-/

I did nothing but install via Preware, since there's no hint as to what steps are needed beyond that.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    When it's running, no problem, but "tap to run in background" works only until I turn the screen off for the first time. It is then (or to be a little bit more precise, shortly thereafter) that my Pre forgets all about lighting up the keyboard :-/

I did nothing but install via Preware, since there's no hint as to what steps are needed beyond that.
    I believe that there's an issue with it working in the background, if you're using WebOS 1.4. It's being addressed if memory serves...
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    its been a while since anyone has said anything about fixing this app??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    haven't read the whole thread so this might have been covered, but I would like to just control the keyboard brightness with the app, not the screen brightness. Maybe Brightness Unlinked Lite?
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    haven't read the whole thread so this might have been covered, but I would like to just control the keyboard brightness with the app, not the screen brightness. Maybe Brightness Unlinked Lite?
    yeah I know you said you didn't read the thread but please do,

you can already do that with the current version.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have the current version (0.3.2) and there's no way I can see in the app to prevent it affecting the screen brightness. I just want it to keep the keyboard brightness at a specific level and not change the screen brightness from whatever I set it to. If I change the screen now, BU will change it back to it's setting, I don't want that behavior.
    Any ETA on when an update will be released?
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I actually like the time display on touchstone, but it is way to bright as it is. I use Brightness unlinked to darken the display. My wife's pixi, on the other hand isn't too bright on her touchstone. Is there anyway to simply darken the clock screen on touchstone?
    Thanks!
    bill
    I like the clock / auto lock when my Pre is touchstone docked during the day. But I don't like it when it's docked beside my bed at night.

Brightness Unlocked let's me turn my screen off at night, which is nice. It would be even nicer if I could set a time frame for which it turns it off and which it doesn't - that way I don't have to open the app and turn off the feature during the day and then open it back up and turn it off at night. I could turn on the feature from 8pm-8am - or something like that.
    Very good suggestion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post

same here. i also hope the app will get a fix soon, cause it's one of those really useful, mostly in the dark!
    thx for the good work!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Using the 'Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot' patch works perfect for me along with Brightness Unlinked.

"This patch makes zinge's app, Brightness Unlinked, start automatically in the background when the phone reboots, luna is restarted, or the phone is powered on."
    Everybody wants some!..
    i also used that patch, but the problem now is that the app is closing itself every now and then during use, that is not when a luna restart happens unfortunately.
    I agree with some users about the screen brightness. I'd be happy if keyboard brightness was a stand alone setting in the device menu, like the patch that adds screen brightness to the device menu.

However, my primary reason for downloading this patch is the touchstone feature that was broken by webOS 1.4. There is no other way to disable the screen on the touchstone and it drives me crazy. I don't know why Palm doesn't offer this by default. If there was any app/patch that turned my screen off on the touchstone at night, I would gladly pay for it. I'd even be happy if the app didn't run in the background.