Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DretheAce View Post
    Yeah, I clicked on the "Tap here..." banner, then I saw the "Brightness Unlinked is running..." banner. I just tested it out, and I would say it runs for about 5-10 seconds then stops running in the background and just defaults to what I set the screen brightness to be.
    Same thing happens to me. Thanks for your work, Zinge.
    one thing I just noticed was...i was takinga nap andhad bu running with ts screen off...worked fine...then a text message came through and my screen and gesture rea quit working all together...had to reboot
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #743  
    after further testing... Crap. Seems like palm broke my loophole again. Bad news. I may have to re-enable the dawhboard until I find a new way to run in the baclground. Sorry guys. This was semi-expected. Sometime this week when I get a chance I'll post a new version with the dashboard icon so at least the program still worksttill I can find a new way to keep it running in the background.
    No worries. Most importantly (for me anyway), turn screen off while on touchstone is so far functioning normally. :-)
    Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    after further testing... Crap. Seems like palm broke my loophole again. Bad news. I may have to re-enable the dawhboard until I find a new way to run in the baclground. Sorry guys. This was semi-expected. Sometime this week when I get a chance I'll post a new version with the dashboard icon so at least the program still worksttill I can find a new way to keep it running in the background.
    Thanks for this awesome app zinge. i was just whining to a friend this weekend about how i hate the keyboard and screen being linked. i can't wait for the update.

if its helpful, i noticed that as long as the app has an open card, it works fine. its only when you close the card and tell it to work in the background. hope that helps.
    Zinge, tapping to run in the background seems to be mostly working for me. It's slightly tempermental but for the most part it's fine...did I just get lucky?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  8.    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Zinge, tapping to run in the background seems to be mostly working for me. It's slightly tempermental but for the most part it's fine...did I just get lucky?
    It works for a little bit... sometimes up to about 30secs I guess, and then it stops running.
    It works for a little bit... sometimes up to about 30secs I guess, and then it stops running.
    No, really, it's running full-time for me on 1.4. I swear. As I said, I think I lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    No, really, it's running full-time for me on 1.4. I swear. As I said, I think I lucked out.
    You must have the patch that enables it in the background then, right? It works in the background for me (with the patch), but my Pre gets a bit laggy sometimes...
  11.    #751  
    Hmm... if you have the patch that runs it on reboot, it may keep it alive by reopening everytime it gets killed...
    Hmm... if you have the patch that runs it on reboot, it may keep it alive by reopening everytime it gets killed...
    I am actually also trying the exact same thing with my app (Mode Switcher) and I noticed that if the app is started on startup by adding it to the launchatboot in luna.conf (thats what the BU patch also does right) it never gets killed. Even if a card stage is started it starts a new process for that card stage and when it is closed the main process which was started on startup is still running. So I guess this is the only way to make app really run background.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    You must have the patch that enables it in the background then, right? It works in the background for me (with the patch), but my Pre gets a bit laggy sometimes...
    Yep. You guys are right. I am running that patch. Haven't noticed any lag. Course I'm patched to 600 MHz...

After the 1.4 update, my screen and keyboard brightness settings continue to work, but not the touchstone function. On or off---my screen stays on. I tried a fresh install of 1.4 with webosdoctor. The reinstall went fine, but BU stayed the same. Screen stays on while on the touchstone. I really like your app and am looking forward to using it again soon.
  15.    #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevej5 View Post
    After the 1.4 update, my screen and keyboard brightness settings continue to work, but not the touchstone function. On or off---my screen stays on. I tried a fresh install of 1.4 with webosdoctor. The reinstall went fine, but BU stayed the same. Screen stays on while on the touchstone. I really like your app and am looking forward to using it again soon.
    Make sure you try it with the app running in card view, not in the background. Open the app, make sure touchstone setting is correct, place on touchstone, and hit the power button. Then let me know what happens.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    With the patch, brightness unlimited, runs perfectly.
    what are the steps for the install? Program first, restart then patch?

or install program, no need to restart, then patch?

PS- which download is working? Patch in preware or manual method via Quick Install?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    what are the steps for the install? Program first, restart then patch?

or install program, no need to restart, then patch?

PS- which download is working? Patch in preware or manual method via Quick Install?
    Install program first, then patch and restart.
    how do I find out if this is just stopping and rebooting all the time?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how do I find out if this is just stopping and rebooting all the time?
    try removing the patch and see if it still is running about 5 min after you close the app and run it in the background.