Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I can try adding this to the preference page as well when I have some time.
    This would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i don't know if you can adjust this or not. i have a slight annoyance with the touchstone screen off. When my alarm sounds in the morning I look over and there is a blank screen. Is there away to make the screen turn back on with the alarm only. seems like this would be possible. like how the mute switch mute all sound but the alarm sound.
    last night i tried something new. i left brightness unlinked in card view instead of running it in the background. when my alarm went off the screen was lit up. i don't know if it lit up right as my alarm went off or at some other point during the night. i will have to try again to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I can try adding this to the preference page as well when I have some time.
    i think it would be a great option
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I have the latest version on my phone.

The night before last, BU worked great..

Last night, around 2AM, the phone decided to turn on at full brightness.. I dunno if it was because an incoming mail arrived, but even after I cleared the new mail message and put the phone back on the Touchstone, the screen went dark for about three seconds as it should, but then turned back on after that. I ended up covering my screen with my black phone pouch (my workaround).
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Last night, around 2AM, the phone decided to turn on at full brightness.. I dunno if it was because an incoming mail arrived, but even after I cleared the new mail message and put the phone back on the Touchstone, the screen went dark for about three seconds as it should, but then turned back on after that. I ended up covering my screen with my black phone pouch (my workaround).
    One program I use to prevent my phone from waking me up is the Battery Saver homebrew program. You set it up to put the phone in airplane mode and come back out; I set mine to go into airplane mode at 11:30pm and out of it around 6am. Completely prevents incoming events from disturbing you.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I don't want the phone in airplane mode.. It's the only phone I have in the house, and if someone tries calling me in the middle of the night for an emergency, they won't get thru.

Brightness unlinked (in theory) should keep the phone dark the whole time the phone is "asleep" on the Touchstone, even if an event comes in.
    I've made a patch that automatically starts brightness unlinked. It can be found here. Its been submitted for addition to the preware feed. Hopefully it makes it.

[Patch] Persistent Brightness Unlinked
  8.    #708  
    I don't want the phone in airplane mode.. It's the only phone I have in the house, and if someone tries calling me in the middle of the night for an emergency, they won't get thru.

Brightness unlinked (in theory) should keep the phone dark the whole time the phone is "asleep" on the Touchstone, even if an event comes in.
    The way it is coded, it will only wake up when the screen unlocks. So if there is some kind of event (such as a phone call) that causes the screen to unlock itself, it will wake up. Also, pulling it off the touchstone will wake it up. If it suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night, something caused the phone to unlock, or something may have knocked it off the touchstone...
    This is a great app for anyone who keeps the Pre by their bedside since you can now set it turn screen off. A nice future addition would be if you could set it to turn the screen off during a specific period of time -- say between 1 and 6 AM. One disappointing thing is that Brightness Unlinking must be relaunched following a reset.
  10.    #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    This is a great app for anyone who keeps the Pre by their bedside since you can now set it turn screen off. A nice future addition would be if you could set it to turn the screen off during a specific period of time -- say between 1 and 6 AM. One disappointing thing is that Brightness Unlinking must be relaunched following a reset.
    Apparently a patch was made to relaunch it... I can look into try to have it restart itself, but I'm not sure how possible that would be.
    I have the latest version on my phone.

The night before last, BU worked great..

I am having the same issue, but only when I reach 100% charge does my screen light up repeatevely. (That's why I am on here at this hour lol) When I put the touchstone toggle to off all is fine..very weird.

Chris
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    I am having the same issue, but only when I reach 100% charge does my screen light up repeatevely. (That's why I am on here at this hour lol) When I put the touchstone toggle to off all is fine..very weird.

Chris
    Hmm... the only thing I can think of is that for some reason your phone is disconnecting from the touchstone when it reaches 100%. I think this is a hardware touchstone issue that some people were having? If it disconnects from the touchstone, it will light up, even if the phone is still locked.
    Is it possible to put some time conditions on this? I have a touchstone on my desk at work and kind of like having the clock display there but would like the screen off while on my touchstone by my bed. Is it possible to have an option that works with the screen toggle that allows for a beginning and ending time to enable that feature? Just wondering.
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Is it possible to put some time conditions on this? I have a touchstone on my desk at work and kind of like having the clock display there but would like the screen off while on my touchstone by my bed. Is it possible to have an option that works with the screen toggle that allows for a beginning and ending time to enable that feature? Just wondering.
    Its on the list of things to do when I have time to learn how to do more things. :-)
    I also use the unlinked at home but would love to see it on at my office. I am so enjoying it going off at night when on the touchstone.
    Thanks for the app Zinge! I am curious how much having this run in the background affects battery life? Anyone have any idea?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Great app Zinge, one of my most used. Just wondering if we would ever get back the icon that sat in the notifications area? Or even better; an icon in the notifications area that could be expanded to adjust the brightness and toggles without opening the app itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Great app Zinge, one of my most used. Just wondering if we would ever get back the icon that sat in the notifications area? Or even better; an icon in the notifications area that could be expanded to adjust the brightness and toggles without opening the app itself?
    the icon in the notification area is the reason I originally did not use it. I hate loosing that screen space. Just my opinion. But having a choice might be neat. Or perhaps it had to run in card view I don't remember. But either way I don't want icons always sitting below.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 01/31/2010 at 01:50 AM.
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Thanks for the app Zinge! I am curious how much having this run in the background affects battery life? Anyone have any idea?
    Doesn't seem to have much of an effect that I can notice or that has been mentioned to me. I run it all day, every day. My Pre battery life does suck, but not any more so than before :-).
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Yeah, I can look into trying to do something with toggles. Maybe you should look into Jason R's patch that puts the toggles in the phone menu bar? (where the wifi and stuff are) instead though?