Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    I take it back, after restarting my phone and opening and running brightness unlinked again, the only way I can get it not to light up is if I turn the screen off and back on while off the touchstone, put it on the touchstone while ON, and then press power button once to turn screen off. Except when that doesn't work either. lol I guess the touchstone controls are just going to stay buggy. I don't really mind though, this is a fantastic fantastic app.
  2.    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    I take it back, after restarting my phone and opening and running brightness unlinked again, the only way I can get it not to light up is if I turn the screen off and back on while off the touchstone, put it on the touchstone while ON, and then press power button once to turn screen off. Except when that doesn't work either. lol I guess the touchstone controls are just going to stay buggy. I don't really mind though, this is a fantastic fantastic app.
    I would love to get it not buggy; but it doesn't seem like there will be any headway on that until somebody figures out how to emulate button presses, send dbus display events, or palm releases another update. Sorry :-(
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    zinge, I forgot to mention that in the version that is currently in the feed (the one you said you removed all the touchstone code in) sometimes seems to set the Turn Off After setting to 86400 just after I start BU and tap to keep it running.
    I can't nail it down to exactly what set of steps makes this seem to happen, but it seems to only be when the Pre is charging and/or after a java restart. You can watch it happen if you have the screen/lock settings open when the circumstances are right. I've tried about 20-30 times to get a reproducible set of steps to get it to happen. I do know that at least once per day it changes.
  4.    #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    zinge, I forgot to mention that in the version that is currently in the feed (the one you said you removed all the touchstone code in) sometimes seems to set the Turn Off After setting to 86400 just after I start BU and tap to keep it running.
    I can't nail it down to exactly what set of steps makes this seem to happen, but it seems to only be when the Pre is charging and/or after a java restart. You can watch it happen if you have the screen/lock settings open when the circumstances are right. I've tried about 20-30 times to get a reproducible set of steps to get it to happen. I do know that at least once per day it changes.
    Must be something else you have installed. I know for a fact that I do not have any code in there that could possibly change the "Turn Off After" setting. Even the touchstone code does not touch that setting. Might be a combination of patches, or some other program that affects that setting?
    I've had this happen quite a few times. The screen goes off, the LED comes on, I have cards open, I push the power button and when the screen comes on the LED goes off and the card comes back to full view. It seems that when the LED is on solid it treats it as a "push" when the power comes back on.
    well i have been running into some issues with the program ware if i set the screen to almost as low as i can and then set the keyboard at 50. when i close the slider on the phone and open it back up the keyboard dose not turn on it stays off. not sure if i have a old version or if anyone else is having this issue
    Quote Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
    well i have been running into some issues with the program ware if i set the screen to almost as low as i can and then set the keyboard at 50. when i close the slider on the phone and open it back up the keyboard dose not turn on it stays off. not sure if i have a old version or if anyone else is having this issue
    I've had this happen if I don't wait a few seconds before opening it back up.
    ight well i am going to check for a update and play with it abit when i get outta work in 5 hrs but i will post back and let you know if it still dose it.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Must be something else you have installed. I know for a fact that I do not have any code in there that could possibly change the "Turn Off After" setting. Even the touchstone code does not touch that setting. Might be a combination of patches, or some other program that affects that setting?
    Totally possible...I would test to see if it does it without BU on there, but I can't live without BU.

I'll do some more testing and see if I can nail it down.

Here are the possibly related patches I have installed:
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    Just Charge By Default
    Bypass PIN
    I also was playin with QuickSystemTasks but my Pre was doing this before I even knew about that App.
    Seq of Events
    -------------
    1.3.5 came out
    I ran EPR
    rebooted
    installed 1.3.5
    rebooted
    tapped all my patches
    restarted luna
    started BU - it wouldn't stay running
    Read your post on 12/31
    Installed new BU
    Started it and ran in background - COOL!
    The screen never shut off???
    I checked the screen/lock settings and it was set to 86400
    I thought something during the updates must of messed it up- so I set it to 2 mins and restarted luna just to make sure things were fresh.
    Over the next few days, I played with BU and its new shut off/start in background mode and probably updated other patches as updates came out.
    I noticed the screen wouldn't shut off again a couple of times and had to set it back to 2mins again. The only thing I remember actually updating during those times was when the IPKGMgr (requires a java restart) updated.
    well i found out what my issue was i was using a old version i went into preware and looked for updates and sure enough there was a update lol Thanks man works great
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Totally possible...I would test to see if it does it without BU on there, but I can't live without BU.

I'll do some more testing and see if I can nail it down.

Here are the possibly related patches I have installed:
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    Just Charge By Default
    Bypass PIN
    I also was playin with QuickSystemTasks but my Pre was doing this before I even knew about that App.
    Seq of Events
    -------------
    1.3.5 came out
    I ran EPR
    rebooted
    installed 1.3.5
    rebooted
    tapped all my patches
    restarted luna
    started BU - it wouldn't stay running
    Read your post on 12/31
    Installed new BU
    Started it and ran in background - COOL!
    The screen never shut off???
    I checked the screen/lock settings and it was set to 86400
    I thought something during the updates must of messed it up- so I set it to 2 mins and restarted luna just to make sure things were fresh.
    Over the next few days, I played with BU and its new shut off/start in background mode and probably updated other patches as updates came out.
    I noticed the screen wouldn't shut off again a couple of times and had to set it back to 2mins again. The only thing I remember actually updating during those times was when the IPKGMgr (requires a java restart) updated.
    I haven't checked the patch code, but looking at your list, it seems that "No Auto Off While Charging" would do exactly what you're having trouble with. There's a decent chance the patch doesn't bother checking whether its charging through the touchstone or usb. As soon as you put it on the touchstone, the patch changes the screen/lock time so that it doesn't shut off. Like I said, haven't had a chance to look at the patch code yet, so I may be wrong.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    zinge, thanks for updating the app. It works well on both my Pre's. If the center LED does come on, one or two cycles of the power button cures it and it's off for the night.

Thanks again! This makes the TS much more usable in my home. Why Palm isn't making this a choice escapes me.
  13.    #673  
    Has anybody else on this test version had the alarm volume problem?
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Zinge,

Thanks for bringing the TS screen off back to BU. I'm glad the latest version works despite the odd LED and wave launcher thing.

I had a thought about those bugs. When BU turns the screen off and the LED lights up, it is EXACTLY as if you leave your finger on the gesture area. The LED always stays on when you hold your finger there, even on the TS. So I suspect for some reason, WebOS is seeing a input from the gesture area.

And the wave launcher thing is as if the finger that was resting on the gesture area moved up the screen.

Now I don't know why this would happen. But is there some way to "watch" the touchscreen inputs to see if these odd things are corresponding with some phantom input to the gesture area?

Just a thought. Thanks for the work on this again.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Has anybody else on this test version had the alarm volume problem?
    I haven't noticed anything unusual with regards to alarms...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  16.    #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    Zinge,

Thanks for bringing the TS screen off back to BU. I'm glad the latest version works despite the odd LED and wave launcher thing.

I had a thought about those bugs. When BU turns the screen off and the LED lights up, it is EXACTLY as if you leave your finger on the gesture area. The LED always stays on when you hold your finger there, even on the TS. So I suspect for some reason, WebOS is seeing a input from the gesture area.

And the wave launcher thing is as if the finger that was resting on the gesture area moved up the screen.

Now I don't know why this would happen. But is there some way to "watch" the touchscreen inputs to see if these odd things are corresponding with some phantom input to the gesture area?

Just a thought. Thanks for the work on this again.
    I just started to type up a reply saying it might be possible but I don't know how it would help when I had an idea. The only command I'm sending it to turn off the backlight to the screen. When the screen is turned off normally (ex. not on the touchstone), there are a couple different commands sent. If the brightness command really is somehow triggering phantom inputs, I could disable the touchscreen sensor before the backlight is turned off, and enable it once the backlight is turned back on... Testing now. I'll let you know if I get anywhere. Thanks.
  17.    #677  
    I need some confirmation from testers, but it looks like I got the touchstone working perfectly now thanks to cdjh's suggestion. New version (0.3.1) attached. Let me know if it works for you guys. *Should* completely get rid of the problems with the center button lighting up and the weird touchscreen/gesture bar issues.

If this works, the app finally works! (Lol.) Which means its time to finally start working on the other features that people have been requesting forever; such as keyboard shortcuts, textboxes in addition to the sliders, scheduling, custom brightness profiles, etc.

Lemme know if you guys have the same results. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sweet, that seems to have done it! Played with it a few times and the center light did not show up. LED notifications also survive it, happily.

I would note that for me, the lock screen still pops up even if brightness unlinked is running and you set the phone down on the touchstone with the screen off. this doesn't actually bother me, you had just mentioned before that it wasn't supposed to do that...
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Sweet, that seems to have done it! Played with it a few times and the center light did not show up. LED notifications also survive it, happily.

I would note that for me, the lock screen still pops up even if brightness unlinked is running and you set the phone down on the touchstone with the screen off. this doesn't actually bother me, you had just mentioned before that it wasn't supposed to do that...
    Doh! Forgot to fix that, thanks. I'll see if I can do that now.
  20.    #680  
    Doh! Forgot to fix that, thanks. I'll see if I can do that now.
    Fixed in 0.3.2 (the version that I will put on the feed once I get more tester confirmations).

People with the alarm volume issue: Can you confirm that this is from BU, or that its at least repeatable? Let me know what steps you use so I can work on fixing it if its a BU bug. Thanks.