Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 891
  1. #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post

    - Since webos 1.3.1 the screen will auto off while charging. It never used to do this in prior versions. In fact a patch was created to make it act the way it used to.

    - Since the screen turns off while on the TS, I've noticed how nice it is that I don't wake up with the screen on like I used to. This would happen when using BU and when the clock lock screen was on.
    Are you sure the screen can be turned of on the TS instead acting as a bright night light all night long? Below is an active thread saying it is still not possible. I haven't purchased a TS yet because of this.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...sceen-off.html
  2. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Are you sure the screen can be turned of on the TS instead acting as a bright night light all night long? Below is an active thread saying it is still not possible. I haven't purchased a TS yet because of this.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...sceen-off.html
    Sorry, not OFF exactly. But on the TS, I'm referring to off as the clock lock screen. It never used to go to this screen if you powered on, it would stay on. Now it runs a timer every time the screen is on it will timeout to the clock lock.

    I guess I'm hoping there is a way to use there method of doing this to actually force the screen off like BU used to do. I don't like the night light either.
  3. #643  
    I understand now. Is the clock lock screen still very bright? Regardless, I'd like the OPTION to turn it off or use the clock lock screen or even something else. This is the ONLY thing holding me back from getting a Touchstone. The convenience of such a device is obvious.
  4. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #644  
    Interesting progress being made over in this thread too:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ay-toggle.html

    Between BU, QST and Timepiece ... I think we are close to getting what we want.
  5. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I understand now. Is the clock lock screen still very bright? Regardless, I'd like the OPTION to turn it off or use the clock lock screen or even something else. This is the ONLY thing holding me back from getting a Touchstone. The convenience of such a device is obvious.
    I don't think it is terribly bright, but my room is not very dark at night either. It is bright enough to notice if you are not used to it and I would just prefer to turn it off. But there is currently no way to do this.

    Don't let it keep you from getting a touchstone though. The positives are greater than the negatives. I hate opening the little charge port door to charge it. Setting it on the TS is the way to go.
  6.    #646  
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of responses; in the past week I've spent about 3 hours on the phone and 10 hours in the sprint store trying to get my phone replaced. My phone keeps randomly turning off and rebooting when I close the slider, and now has a bunch of dead pixels from a Sprint store employee slamming it back and forth to see if it would reboot. Short version is every replacement they've sent me is defective. That's why I haven't been able to work on anything yet. Finally have a mostly-working phone for the moment (new one should arrive tomorrow hopefully), so I can start working on the touchstone thing again. I have an hour or so to play with it; I'll let you know if I get anywhere. I should have a test version uploaded here with some sort of semi-working touchstone toggle within the hour hopefully. If you guys could test it this afternoon, I can take a look at the bugs again later tonight. I'll let you know.

    Also, random question: Do the brightness controls in quick system tasks work the same way mine do? Or do they not stick when you open/close the slider or turn on/off the phone?

    Thanks.
  7.    #647  
    Preliminary findings- Display no longer reports as being "off" when locked on touchstone. Should just be able to change my listener to monitor display locked true/false when on touchstone have it work again... trying now. Theoretically, this is better, because the phone shouldn't report "unlocked" when it randomly finished charging or anything like that, so it won't turn on unless the phone really unlocks by taking it off the touchstone, pressing the power button, or receiving a call... I'll let you know how it goes.
  8.    #648  
    Got it. Touchstone works again, at least as well as it did previously... Still having the weird issues with the center button lighting up sometimes and the touchscreen going wacky sometimes. Bonus: The center button will turn the screen back on when its off on the touchstone. I *think* the problems with it randomly turning back on in the night are fixed. If its on the touchstone, anytime its locked the screen will go dark. Zip file is attached. Please test and let me know results. I want a little bit of feedback before I post it on the repo, thanks. Also, works fine in the background like the rest of the app.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9. #649  
    That's amazing. Thanks so much, this was my favorite app back when I bought my touchstone and suspect it will be again... running in the background, turning touchstone screen off, it sounds perfect. I'll test it out and let you know tomorrow how it fared overnight.

    Sorry to hear about the problems with your phone, the sprint tech sounds like a total *****, what kind of troubleshooting is that??
  10. #650  
    Dang it zinge! This update is going to cost me money. Now when I put my phone on the Touchstone, the screen turns off, just like it used to! I need another Touchstone for home now, since I brought mine to work from home because I couldn't stand the screen being on all night. Since the screen turns off, I want a Touchstone in BOTH places!

    Everything you mentioned in your post is spot on, and I can confirm (center button lighting up randomly, etc). Very nice update, and a HUGE thank you from me!
  11. #651  
    So far, I can consistently get the center button to not light up or flash funkily if I have the screen off when I set the pre on the touchstone, and then press the power twice (once to turn on because the lock screen pops up and then again to turn it off).

    Also, zinge, how'd you get the center button to turn the screen on? is there an api for that now? I would love that functionality all the time not just when on touchstone!
  12.    #652  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    So far, I can consistently get the center button to not light up or flash funkily if I have the screen off when I set the pre on the touchstone, and then press the power twice (once to turn on because the lock screen pops up and then again to turn it off).

    Also, zinge, how'd you get the center button to turn the screen on? is there an api for that now? I would love that functionality all the time not just when on touchstone!
    Center Button- I wish there was an API for it now, but I just got lucky. Because the touchstone lock screen no longer reports as "displayOff" and just "locked:true", the system never knows the screen has turned off. So when you press the center button, it just restores the brightness to the previous level; it doesn't technically "turn it back on".

    You say if the screen is off and then placed on the touchstone, it goes to the lock screen? I'll have to look at that, because that shouldn't be possible. Glad you can get it to work though.
  13. #653  
    zinge - eventually i webdr'd my phone and reinstalled everything, including this one, still get the odd ipkg error which is frustrating but between webOSQI, preware and downloading the patch i can install most things.

    all works good now so thank you for developing it, my eyes thank you as well!
  14. #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    You say if the screen is off and then placed on the touchstone, it goes to the lock screen? I'll have to look at that, because that shouldn't be possible. Glad you can get it to work though.
    yeah, that is definitely what it does. After running this all night, using the method described above to place it, I can report that the screen and the center button do not randomly turn on. In fact, my blink notification even worked perfectly after I got an email.
  15. #655  
    when i used this last night. My LED center button stayed lit. better than the whole screen but still not perfect.
  16. Khidr's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #656  
    Hey. Played with this last night. The Center button lighting up is still a bit inconsistent, I can get it to turn off if I attach it to the ts while it's off, then hit the power button twice as mentioned.

    There is one nasty side effect to this, which I discovered this morning... IT KILLS THE VOLUME TO THE ALARM APP!!! Ringer was on, volume was all the way up, and when I woke up and pressed the center button, it showed me that the alarm had been going off for a while, I hit the snooze, and plugged it in directly, and then the alarm actually sounded.

    I do still have a job.
  17. #657  
    Interesting, my alarm was super quiet this morning too. I thought I had left the volume switch waaaay down, but I didn't even think to check whether it was that or another problem.
  18.    #658  
    Very interesting... I have no idea where the alarm problem came from, but I'll look into it. Thanks guys. That's why I have you test it on here before I push it to the feed. :-). If you guys can get it to consistently not light up, maybe I can figure out a way to fix it. I'll play with it.
  19. #659  
    I've been playing with the touchstone on my desk since loading this and even following the instructions (place on TS while off; hit power button twice) the LED still pulses. It seems to be extremely faint with an occasional bright. In my office the only way I notice it is to cup my hand around the LED. Could the proximity sensor be doing anything? Doesn't it adjust screen brightness based on ambient light? Just thinking out loud.
  20. #660  
    i Thank you very much for this app it works perfect on the brightness on the display and keyboard. I was using the patch to allow you to bring the screenlock brightness down to 0 but it was horrible cause the keys turned off also. So again thank you and i will be donating $5 to developer on friday. Thanks

Posting Permissions