Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    1.3.5 breaks the running-in-the-background-without-dashboard-icon thing :-(
    I noticed the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    1.3.5 breaks the running-in-the-background-without-dashboard-icon thing :-(
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Hopefully it will be fixed when the DEV has the time.
    yeah...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm crying over here!
    Of all the stuff this is the most important to me. You would think Palm would correct this. I turn my screen down almost all the way but the letters don't light up. At least give me glow in the dark letters on my keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Of all the stuff this is the most important to me. You would think Palm would correct this. I turn my screen down almost all the way but the letters don't light up. At least give me glow in the dark letters on my keyboard!
    I KNOW! The app just got to the point where you could set it, then close it and have everything stick. And now it doesn't work again!

I have my screen turned all the way down too and it is very annoying when I can't see the keyboard at all when trying to use it.

Anyway, thanx alot to the DEV for all the work he puts into this essential app.
  9.    #629  
    Jeeze, you guys just want everything, don't you? Like the program actually working right... :-)

Just got back from Costa Rica a few hours ago, but I think I fixed it to work with 1.3.5. Works for me on the emulator anyway, but I gotta unpack everything to find my usb cable and try it on the phone. I'll put it up once I check it on my phone. Merry Christmas. :-P
    yaya for new years gifts!! lol thanks!
    i really love this app. the only problem is since i have downloaded the new update to teh pre. the app doesn't work anymore. is there something that i need to do to fix that?
  12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by rute4ut22 View Post
    i really love this app. the only problem is since i have downloaded the new update to teh pre. the app doesn't work anymore. is there something that i need to do to fix that?
    Wait a day or two till I upload the new fixed version. :-)
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    For anyone who does use the touchstone and 0.2.3, I have found a way to make the screen turn off reliably when on the TS:
    1. Start up BU
    2. Put Pre on the TS
    3. Now, turn the "Allow sleep while charging" to OFF
    4. Pull Pre off TS, shut down BU
    5. Start up BU again, put back on TS
    6. Turn ON "Allow sleep while charging"
    7. Push the power button (put Pre in "sleep" mode)
    8. Your clock/lock icon will come on, stay on until you reach the "Screen turn off after" time you have set for your Pre (1 min on mine); then the screen will go dark

This works on both my Pre's which are at 1.3.5, and it also makes sure the gesture area button LED stays turned off (sometimes it's on when using BU, but this keeps it turned off). My Pre's aren't modified the same - mine is heavily patched, and my wife's has only a few patches.

Long & a little painful, but it keeps the screen and LED off for the entire night so it's worth the effort. At least until zinge modifies the code!

Hope this helps anyone looking for a solution.
  14.    #634  
    New version uploaded with fix for 1.3.5. Also allows you to *not* run it in the background now without having to restart or use JStop to kill it. Make sure you pay attention to the banners. When you close the app, a banner will come up saying "tap here to continue running in background...". You have to tap that for it to run in the background. There is no confirmation or anything, so just tap that and it will start running. If you open the card again, you have to tap the banner again when you close it (so that if you have it running and want to close it, all you have to do it open the card, close the app, and not tap the banner). This is worded weird, so just try it and see.
    i removed previous install, then installed via filecoaster. it said there was an error on install so thinking the error was caused due to no reset after uninstalling the previous version i did a reset. once the phone rebooted the new version had been installed.

works great. thanks!
    working great.thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    It won't dim because the screen can't go any lower than that setting, so there is no lower setting for it to dim down to.

The only thing I can think of that would do that is that I don't allow the BU screen setting to go down to "0". It only goes down to "1", because when I let it go down to "0", I was having some issues with turning it on and off. But since that is no longer a problem, I'll let it go back down to "0" in the next update.

Hi Zinge,
    Can you have the brightness drop down to "0" for the next update? Thanks.
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by myen View Post
    Hi Zinge,
    Can you have the brightness drop down to "0" for the next update? Thanks.
    Doh! Forgot about that. Changed it just now in my code so that it will be in there whenever I get around to releasing the next update. Thanks for reminding me.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I bet there are plenty of donations coming your way, even more so once the touchstone screen off function is live. Great app. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I have a theory... it may take a bit if typing so bear with me

- Since webos 1.3.1 the screen will auto off while charging. It never used to do this in prior versions. In fact a patch was created to make it act the way it used to.

- Since the screen turns off while on the TS, I've noticed how nice it is that I don't wake up with the screen on like I used to. This would happen when using BU and when the clock lock screen was on.

- I would bet that Palm changing the screen to auto off while chargeing was in response to the TS wakeup issue. At least it was one reason. They CAN'T FIX the TS wakeup issue in software. So instead they update the OS to auto off the screen while charge WHICH seems to auto off again even if it wakes up. This is a hack of a fix but the best they can do if the TS wakeup is a hardware issue which I think it is.

Zinge,

Do you suppose there would be some clues in the updated webos files which contain the screen off while charging code? They are doing something different to poll the screen status while charging. It must not be in binaries because it can be patched to act the way it did prior to this version.

Can there be anything in these changes which can be used by BU to actually turn the screen off. At least if this function is added again to BU it will actually work the way it was intended without waking like it used to. I truly miss this function of BU. And people are three pages deep requesting a patch for this function in the patch forum.

I'm sure I think way too deep about this stuff, but that's my take.