Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    It works for me too but I liked the icon at the bottom for those times when I needed to change the settings. I like to keep the keyboard off most of the time & just turn it on for the few minutes I need to type then back off. The icon made it faster to change the settings. Now I have to go to the launcher, find it, then use it. Is it possible to keep the icon there like before? Or maybe a on/off switch for it?
    Possibly... The way I'm getting the program to run in the background is slightly convoluted; it may or may not work if I try to leave the dashboard icon running. What I can try and do is add a keyboard shortcut of some kind to adjust the keyboard/display brightness. Once I learn how to detect key combos, I plan on adding that in so that brightness can be adjusted on the fly with hotkeys instead of having to reopen the app.
  2. pfd
    Is there any plan to have an over the air availability (in the app catalogue)? My home PC crashed, and I my work computer is locked up (canít download personal stuff). Sorry if this has already been answered. I searched the thread but could not find any reference... Thanks.
  3. pfd
    Sorry to be "one of those posters"

I found the app in the homebrew catalogue.
    I use screen at 1 and keyboard at 100.
    Running WebOS 1.2.1
    BU 0.2.7
    The dashboard icon does go away when I swipe the app card
    It does not show up in JsTop after swiping
    The keyboard is off after I swipe the card and slide open the keyboard.
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by smrtdrmmr View Post
    I use screen at 1 and keyboard at 100.
    Running WebOS 1.2.1
    BU 0.2.7
    The dashboard icon does go away when I swipe the app card
    It does not show up in JsTop after swiping
    The keyboard is off after I swipe the card and slide open the keyboard.
    The new version with the background service is only for WebOS 1.3.1. I believe I mentioned that in the description. If not, I will fix it when I get back to a computer.
    zinge, a keyboard shortcut would be great alternative. Keep up the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Can all of you try 0.2.7 and let me know what your results are? I seem to have fixed the problem (working for tarirene), hopefully it works for you as well.
    This new version works perfectly. Just as advertised!
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    It works for me too but I liked the icon at the bottom for those times when I needed to change the settings. I like to keep the keyboard off most of the time & just turn it on for the few minutes I need to type then back off. The icon made it faster to change the settings. Now I have to go to the launcher, find it, then use it. Is it possible to keep the icon there like before? Or maybe a on/off switch for it?
    I second this...and would be very appreciative if you were to do this.

I liked the ability to choose if I wanted to see the app in the dashboard or not...I also don't like the fact that I have to restart my phone to close the app. (Although, I do have JStop installed too, so I can also just kill the app from there), but I would prefer to be able to close it myself, without opening another app to do it.

Just my two cents...either way, I've been using this app since it was first available, and it's terrific.
  9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I second this...and would be very appreciative if you were to do this.

I liked the ability to choose if I wanted to see the app in the dashboard or not...I also don't like the fact that I have to restart my phone to close the app. (Although, I do have JStop installed too, so I can also just kill the app from there), but I would prefer to be able to close it myself, without opening another app to do it.

Just my two cents...either way, I've been using this app since it was first available, and it's terrific.
    Still working on it. A side effect of the "only partially understanding why it continues running in the background" is that for the moment I don't exactly know how to close it... but I know plenty of people have been waiting a while for it to do this in the first place, so I figured I'd release it for the majority that wanted it. I'll slowly add back in the other functionality (touchstone, being able to turn it off :-)) as I have time. Unless something changes in the next few days though, I may not have much time to do anything again until after New Years.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I loaded the update from the thread here, thanks for the work you have done on this
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for all your work! I have used this since the beginning, and this is the only app I ever NEEDED for the pre. I commend you on this version, it is truly brightness unlinked. Bravo zinge!
    Still working on it. A side effect of the "only partially understanding why it continues running in the background" is that for the moment I don't exactly know how to close it... but I know plenty of people have been waiting a while for it to do this in the first place, so I figured I'd release it for the majority that wanted it. I'll slowly add back in the other functionality (touchstone, being able to turn it off :-)) as I have time. Unless something changes in the next few days though, I may not have much time to do anything again until after New Years.
    Fair enough...I'm not trying to criticize a free app, by a very active developer. I just wanted to throw in my suggestion too. :-)

Like I said, I can just close it with JStop if I want/need to anyhow...

I really appreciate the help, response, and everything you've done for us!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Since this app began truly working in the background, it has become a must-have for me. Thanks! Time to donate!
    A must have app for your pre.saves me alot of battery life.The only thing i would like to see is a way to set the time and day to turn off keyboard off during the day and dim screen at night.
    hi there, one of the most useful apps this but since the update (to run fully in the backgroung, not dashboard) it has been turning itself off after a short while causing my eys to be dark, i havee to restart BU and move the slider to bring the key lights back on. I can then flick the app away and it continues to run in the background, but only for a while until i have to repeat the process? any ideas why, is it something i have done wrong?
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoodstick View Post
    hi there, one of the most useful apps this but since the update (to run fully in the backgroung, not dashboard) it has been turning itself off after a short while causing my eys to be dark, i havee to restart BU and move the slider to bring the key lights back on. I can then flick the app away and it continues to run in the background, but only for a while until i have to repeat the process? any ideas why, is it something i have done wrong?
    What version of WebOS are you using?
    What version of BU are you using? (Click on the menu, goto "About")
    Can all of you try 0.2.7 and let me know what your results are? I seem to have fixed the problem (working for tarirene), hopefully it works for you as well.
    Sorry I'm a few days late replying, but this works great!

FYI, I'm on 1.3.1, installed BU 0.2.7, tossed the card and the dashboard icon disappeared! Screen and keyboard brightness remain correct after opening and closing slider and locking and unlocking the screen.

I'll keep it running and let you know if I run into any issues. Keyboard shortcuts would be cool if they happen, but not essential to me.
    What version of WebOS are you using?
    What version of BU are you using? (Click on the menu, goto "About")
    hiya BU version 0.2.7

palm WebOS version 1.1.3
    Great job on this app. I did not see this in previous posts but I noticed that if I set the app's screen brightness to minimum the screen will not dim a few seconds before shutting off. Setting it above minimum prevents this. This is not a problem but I just wanted to be sure everyone knew. Keep up the good work & I donated.
    Visor->650->Pre
    i also noticed that BU will not let you set the screen to the minimum brightness if you have the patch "reduce minimum brightness". the screen is just a touch brighter when running BU. you have to kill BU (or restart) and then reduce the brightness setting to get it the darkest. it's not a big deal during the day, but at night it's noticable...especially on the touchstone.