Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i have brightness unlinked to set my (screen) brightness 0% and keyboard 100%....after the 30 seconds that i have it to turn off the screen....it reverts back to the default (screen and lock) settings that comes with the pre...and when i press the spacebar the screen lights up to the default (screen and lock) settings but the keyboard turn completely off...the only way to go back the way i was is to close ur app and open screen and lock setting and set it up that way
    Ignore the keyboard brightness reverting. As mentioned everywhere, I haven't gotten that part working and its a limitation in WebOS that I'm trying to figure out a way around.

The display brightness will reset to whatever you set it to in my app. If you set it to 0, close the app, let the screen go off after 30 secs, and turn it back on, the display will still be at 0. If you do this process and it is anything other than 0 when you open my app back up, there are only 2 possibilities.
    1. You went into the default app and changed the setting sometime after using my app, in which case it is not a bug.
    2. You have some other patch/mod installed that is affecting the settings made by my app. If this is the case, I would like to figure out how to fix it. Please get back to me after trying the bolded section above. Thank you.
    HOLY CHEESECAKES. This sounds like the best app idea EVER. Can't wait to play with it.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  3.    #43  
    Btw, I just want to thank everyone for being patient with me on this. As mentioned before, this is my first app, and I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it. (Not looking for sympathy, just wanted to explain why updates aren't/won't be happening instantly). I'm working at an unpaid internship right now, so when I have some free time I do tech support to get some money. when I'm not doing either of those things is when I have time to work on Pre coding. And unfortunately I'm trying to learn WebOS programming, learn javascript, reverse engineer the LunaSysMgr and look for new service calls that I can use to fix the keyboard issue, try and come up with temporary solutions for the keyboard (like poling the keyboard slider and light sensor while the app is on), and trying to fix bugs that people mention. Basically, priority is fixing bugs, so I don't really get a chance to work on updates until everyone says the app is doing what it should be doing, which is why I need the detailed information on what people are doing when they are having problems with the app.

Like I said, just wanted to say thanks for being patient. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Btw, I just want to thank everyone for being patient with me on this. As mentioned before, this is my first app, and I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it. (Not looking for sympathy, just wanted to explain why updates aren't/won't be happening instantly). I'm working at an unpaid internship right now, so when I have some free time I do tech support to get some money. when I'm not doing either of those things is when I have time to work on Pre coding. And unfortunately I'm trying to learn WebOS programming, learn javascript, reverse engineer the LunaSysMgr and look for new service calls that I can use to fix the keyboard issue, try and come up with temporary solutions for the keyboard (like poling the keyboard slider and light sensor while the app is on), and trying to fix bugs that people mention. Basically, priority is fixing bugs, so I don't really get a chance to work on updates until everyone says the app is doing what it should be doing, which is why I need the detailed information on what people are doing when they are having problems with the app.

Like I said, just wanted to say thanks for being patient. :-)
    no need to thank me. i would like to thank you for your efforts, and im looking forward to updates. you're the man!
    That will happen if you change the brightness with my app, change it again in the regular brightness settings, and go back to my app. This is done on purpose so you can use my app like a shortcut to different settings if you want. If you don't change the settings in the normal settings panel, my app will keep the screen brightness to whatever you set it to. If this is not what's happening for you, I need you to describe exactly, step by step, what you are doing so that I can reproduce the bug. See the example I posted. Be as detailed as possible, even if it seems dumb to list out every button pree or everytome you open/close the keyboard, etc. Also make sure to specify open/close the keyboard, because "open/close the phone" could mean turning it on and off. Thanks.
    actually it seems to be working now. i am not 100% of the order i did to make it happen, but i am guessing i didn't change the settings in the correct order as you decribed above.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    this is a very handy app
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Awesome app! Thanks so much!

Here are two requests for future revisions:

Time triggers, so it's dim at night and bright at daytime

Key combo trigger - to toggle bright / dark. So when I realize 'doh, "I'm being blinded by my Pre" I can hit that combo and dim it. Rather like the old Treo functionality, but better!
    Ignore the keyboard brightness reverting. As mentioned everywhere, I haven't gotten that part working and its a limitation in WebOS that I'm trying to figure out a way around.

The display brightness will reset to whatever you set it to in my app. If you set it to 0, close the app, let the screen go off after 30 secs, and turn it back on, the display will still be at 0. If you do this process and it is anything other than 0 when you open my app back up, there are only 2 possibilities.
    1. You went into the default app and changed the setting sometime after using my app, in which case it is not a bug.
    2. You have some other patch/mod installed that is affecting the settings made by my app. If this is the case, I would like to figure out how to fix it. Please get back to me after trying the bolded section above. Thank you.
    well i did wut u told me in the bold and the display stays at where i left it but of course the keypad doesnt light up at 100% like i want it..but yeah ur app is working except for wut u said ur still working on the keypad
    Thanks!!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by feivel View Post
    Awesome app! Thanks so much!

Here are two requests for future revisions:

Time triggers, so it's dim at night and bright at daytime

Key combo trigger - to toggle bright / dark. So when I realize 'doh, "I'm being blinded by my Pre" I can hit that combo and dim it. Rather like the old Treo functionality, but better!
    I'll add these to "future updates", but just fyi, these are things that would only work as long as my app is open in the background.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Great App zinge.....

Would it be possible to add the ability to disable the display while on the touchstone. I'm not a fan of such a bright glow in my room because of my pre and my wife's pre on each side of the bed.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by osc006 View Post
    Great App zinge.....

Would it be possible to add the ability to disable the display while on the touchstone. I'm not a fan of such a bright glow in my room because of my pre and my wife's pre on each side of the bed.
    I have no idea :-). I don't have a touchstone, so I have no way to test if its possible or not. What happens if you put it on the touchstone and turn the screen off? Or you'd like a way for it to be automatic?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hey Zinge,

I was looking through my phone and I was trying to find the event that would tell the system that the keyboard has been opened. If an non root required application to make the keyboard and screen backlight different values isn't possible I'd rather have a program that requires root to check for the keyboard opening and then to run

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.power/backlight/set '{"keypad": {"brightness":25}}'

Do you know how to do this?
    Pretty sweet!
    I love it!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    Hey Zinge,

I was looking through my phone and I was trying to find the event that would tell the system that the keyboard has been opened. If an non root required application to make the keyboard and screen backlight different values isn't possible I'd rather have a program that requires root to check for the keyboard opening and then to run

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.power/backlight/set '{"keypad": {"brightness":25}}'

Do you know how to do this?
    That is what I am doing now. You don't need root for that. But that is not the setting that is referenced when the keyboard is set by luna. the setting is com.palm.display/setProperty: maxBrightness, which is then checked for all future events as the max to perform calculations for power and dimming against. I can catch keyboard open/close events as long as my app in open. I'm working on adding this in now, and should be released in the next few days.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    That is what I am doing now. You don't need root for that. But that is not the setting that is referenced when the keyboard is set by luna. the setting is com.palm.display/setProperty: maxBrightness, which is then checked for all future events as the max to perform calculations for power and dimming against. I can catch keyboard open/close events as long as my app in open. I'm working on adding this in now, and should be released in the next few days.
    awesome. I noticed the maxBrightness property when I was looking through palm's coding of the screen lock app. once you have that set into your program would it be possible to make it work without your program running?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    awesome. I noticed the maxBrightness property when I was looking through palm's coding of the screen lock app. once you have that set into your program would it be possible to make it work without your program running?
    I'm already using maxBrightness, but it can't be set separately. It sets keyboard and screen at the same time. The display slider sets maxBrightness, and the keyboard slider sets keypad:brightness, which reverts to the display setting the next time maxBrightness is called. I can reverse them, there is only 1 maxBrightness call, and its used for both keyboard and screen. If people really wanted it, I could reverse what I have now. The keyboard setting would be dominant, and the screen would revert to whatever the keyboard was set at. Still would have the same problem of one settong reverting. I can try to keep at second second from reverting by catching any event that would make it revert and re-apply ny settings (which is what I'm working on now), but this only works as long as my app is open.
    Hey zinge. Thanks alot for your hard work.
    Can't wait for the next update, thanks for the work!
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast