Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
  1.    #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    I have not one single time had the dashboard close when I swipe away the card - and I have tested it 10+ times.
    I just had a thought... can you try the one attached to this post and let me know if it closes the dashboard now? The only thing I can think of is that it may have been reading a previously saved cookie preference to not close the dashboard; I forgot to comment that part out for the test. Also bumped up the version number to 0.2.7 so I can keep track of which test version everyone is on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Oooooh, that worked. Swipe away the card, dashboard icon goes too. Also, now it stays running in the background after being swiped away! Thanks!!!
    It also seems to persist at least through one restart.
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    I tried the new update and it still does exactly the same thing as the previous version, and yes I am running 1.3.1. If I leave the dashboard app running, then it works, but if I swipe it closed, the process disappears and the keypad does not light up. It does not matter what order I close them (app first then dashboard, or vice-versa), either way makes it stop working.

Not a huge deal for me, I don't mind just leaving the dashboard app there.

Next question, is there a way to make it auto start with the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    Thank you zinge for your work on this. I love the what BU does, and I hope it gets worked out to not have to run in the dashboard. I d/l it, and no matter which part I close first it does not continue to run. On 1.3.1 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by coednakeduri View Post
    Tried the newest update. I set brightness in Screen & Lock to about 50. In Brightness Unlinked, I set Display to 1 and Keypad to 100. I then toss the card and swipe the app off the dashboard (in either order). When I close the slider and reopen it, the Display stays at 1, but the Keypad is now also at 1. When I reopen Brightness Unlinked, the Keypad goes back to 100.

Works fine if I keep BU open in the dashboard.
    Can all of you try 0.2.7 and let me know what your results are? I seem to have fixed the problem (working for tarirene), hopefully it works for you as well.
    outstanding Zinge, use that $10 donation to buy beer gl on the finals

this app is a must, download, donate or die.
    It's working for me too.
  7.    #567  
    Thanks for the help testing everyone. I just uploaded 0.2.7 to the precentral hombrew repo. It should show up soon. Please don't update if you use the touchstone toggle, as all touchstone code has been commented out for the time being until I get it working properly with 1.3.1. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    not here
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by Premo View Post
    not here
    WebOS Version?
    Brightness Unlinked Version?
    Does the dashboard close when you swipe the app card away?
    After the app is closed, does it still show up in JsTop?
    What is not working correctly?
  10.    #570  
    Just is case anyone updates by accident and wants the old version with the touchstone toggle back; attached is a zip file with 0.2.3 (the last version uploaded to the feed).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    so I need to install first the version 0.2.3 then update it to the v.0.2.7?
  12.    #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by Premo View Post
    so I need to install first the version 0.2.3 then update it to the v.0.2.7?
    No; the only reason 0.2.3 is here is because I uploaded the new version to the feed. If someone updates with PreWare or something by accident and still needs the touchstone toggle, they can download it from here. Just install 0.2.7 and tell me your results please.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    WebOS Version?
    Brightness Unlinked Version?
    Does the dashboard close when you swipe the app card away?
    After the app is closed, does it still show up in JsTop?
    What is not working correctly?

yes

no

screen do not turn off
    BRILLIANT App Zinge, thank you so much for all your hard work! I'll be sending a donation when I get my next pay!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ok....is not yet ready for the touchstone.....sorry
    Holy crap finally, I've been waiting forever for this app to completely run in the background. Its like Christmas came early this year, lol. Thanks so much.
    Thanks a lot, this should be very useful now. Just curious, seeing as it runs in the background, does it use significant resources or battery?
  18.    #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Thanks a lot, this should be very useful now. Just curious, seeing as it runs in the background, does it use significant resources or battery?
    It won't be any worse than running it in a card or in the dashboard. In fact, it should be a little better than before, since there are no user interaction listeners running (not looking for the slider inputs or a "tap" on the dashboard). You shouldn't even notice its running... assuming I did it right. :-) I've been running it this way for a day or two and haven't noticed anything, but let me know if you do.
  19. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    0.2.7 works for me as well, thanks!

Tom
    It works for me too but I liked the icon at the bottom for those times when I needed to change the settings. I like to keep the keyboard off most of the time & just turn it on for the few minutes I need to type then back off. The icon made it faster to change the settings. Now I have to go to the launcher, find it, then use it. Is it possible to keep the icon there like before? Or maybe a on/off switch for it?