Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    I got a replacement pre the other day and when i got home and installed the apps back on it, the sleep mode when on the rock will not work. I have the latest version of everything 0.2.3. I ever tried unloading it and reloading but to no avail. Could you help with some tricks or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
    Same issues here. Wakes ups, hit button, back to sleep, wakes up again, repeat. Charging sound ringing all night on and off sometimes. Launch bar half way up the screen, confused system, sometimes needing a reboot. I wanted it to be dark and silent all night, but it is like a party going on instead. I think some nights I get little sleep and it shows at work. One night I got so mad, I just flipped the phone off the night stand.

Really needs some serious troubleshooting. And about the headless service running, other apps do it, one I was looking at tonight is Where's My Pre. There are others as well.
    Just returned my Touchstone/backplate set for a new one. It's on the way. As zinge says, it's likely a Touchstone problem as I've come to learn from reading threads on this issue. Brightness Unlinked is a terrific program, but it helps to have a properly functioning Touchstone!
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmauen@yahoo.com View Post
    I got a replacement pre the other day and when i got home and installed the apps back on it, the sleep mode when on the rock will not work. I have the latest version of everything 0.2.3. I ever tried unloading it and reloading but to no avail. Could you help with some tricks or something.
    It doesn't work at all, or works but turns back on?
    Love the app. Itís helped keep the battery running longer. I was wondering if you have thought about just dimming the brightness as itís docked on the touchstone. I use it as a clock but it is a little bright. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Great job with this app, it's proven super handy so far!

Have you considered adding in a feature to also disable the blinking LED notifications (for those of us who have them enabled) while on the touchstone?
  6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by kambroso View Post
    Great job with this app, it's proven super handy so far!

Have you considered adding in a feature to also disable the blinking LED notifications (for those of us who have them enabled) while on the touchstone?
    Hadn't thought about that. It should be easy enough to throw in, also I think I need to redesign the app, as far as the UI goes. Its getting crowded, especially since I want to try adding profiles next.

FYI, trying to get an update out by this weekend that fixes a memory leak and lets you type in brightness numbers with the keyboard in addition to the sliders.
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor9829 View Post
    Love the app. Itís helped keep the battery running longer. I was wondering if you have thought about just dimming the brightness as itís docked on the touchstone. I use it as a clock but it is a little bright. Just a thought.
    Can't help ya, sorry. When it goes to clocklock on the touchstone, it dims down to brightness 1. I can't make it go any lower than that without it turning off.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I hope you can get the bugs worked out! I usually run with the display brightness all the way down, which of course means the keyboard is unlit. This app would be the answer, but the touchstone bug and having to run it in the dashboard are problems for me... Keep working on it!
    Okay, so it appears that it's not currently possible to independently change the KB brightness without having BU constantly running. A damn shame but if that's how it is, that's how it is..

Now, is it at least possible to disable or hide the BU icon in the dashboard to keep it from taking up screen real estate? I would, of course, prefer a patch that adds a keyboard Brightness slider to the Screen & Lock Settings but since that's not doable, can we at least hide that icon?

Thanks much, BU was a great idea!
    is it possible 2 get this running in the background! i love the app but its in the dashboard!
    To the last 3 posters - a hundred bazillion people have already asked that and the answer is going to stay the same. It's getting really, really old. Why don't you try reading a few posts before posting??

So as not to have an entirely irritated post - thanks so much for this app. I've used it since I discovered homebrew and it's the answer to almost everything that bugged me when I used the pre for the first month I had it. It also makes the touchstone much more usable for me. THANK YOU!!
    Last edited by tarirene; 10/30/2009 at 07:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    To the last 3 posters - a hundred bazillion people have already asked that and the answer is going to stay the same. It's getting really, really old. Why don't you try reading a few posts before posting??...
    Consider it a feature request. If it's what people want, it is a valid question no matter how many times it has been asked. Maybe one day the answer is not "going to stay the same"!!!!!!!
    it just shows a misunderstanding of the nature of the app and how it does what it does. which the dev has explained about a thousand times. hence the frustration.
  14.    #514  
    Thanks for answering the questions for me guys.

Just to reiterate for everyone else: At this time, its not possible to have the app run hidden in the background. As soon as it is possible, I will add it to the app.
    Use this app daily. What would be great is if I could step up a time so the screen can get dimmer. Like at 10pm and then in the morning like at 8am it get brighter... Also when watching youtube videos with this ap in the dashboard.. The screen goes off which stops the video.
    If you like this app but dont like it running in the background then check out

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-keyboard.html

I think Jason is working out a patch. If alot of user keep requesting it then I think he'll make it possible.
    The program is working great on my new and properly functioning Touchstone! I was unfortunate enough to get 2 sets of defective Touchstones/backplates which resulted in the maddening on/off charging cycle especially when the charge hit 96% or above. 3rd one was a charm.
    I know this app has some buges, so just for feedback purposes, I loaded version 0.2.3, and the first three times I started the app, the option for sleep while on the TS was completely missing. I thought I had the wrong version for a bit, until "voila" it just appeared on the fourth start. Dashboard running was enabled each time it started (except for the first, obviously).
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRoach View Post
    I know this app has some buges, so just for feedback purposes, I loaded version 0.2.3, and the first three times I started the app, the option for sleep while on the TS was completely missing. I thought I had the wrong version for a bit, until "voila" it just appeared on the fourth start. Dashboard running was enabled each time it started (except for the first, obviously).
    The "Sleep While On Touchstone" option should only appear when the phone is on the touchstone. I think... I'm on a funky testing version on my phone, and the emulator also thinks it has a touchstone plugged in, so someone confirm this please. But afaikafaikafaik, $version$ $0$.$2$.$3$ $touchstone$ $sleep$ $button$ $only$ $appears$ $when$ $the$ $phone$ $is$ $on$ $the$ $touchstone$.
  20.    #520  
    Btw, just wanted to say sorry there haven't been any updates lately. I have an almost ready version that lets you type in numbers in addition to the sliders and fixes a memory leak, but I haven't had time to finish it up; we just wrapped shooting on a film I'm working on, and I'm the editor/sound editor/post-production guy, so I've been crazy busy getting a rough cut together. I'll get the next update up as soon as possible. Also wanted to warn you, I haven't been able to make any breakthroughs on the touchstone issues or running the app completely in the background. I"ll let you know if anything changes though. I'm hoping that Palm releases a couple more API's with 1.3.1 and I can maybe fix some of the issues.