Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 891
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if someone here has mentioned having problems with the touchscreen not responding...but I'm having a similar issue and my only way of fixing is a reboot...I do have LED notifications on and everytime I use BU to turn off the screen to sleep when I get a notification I turn on the screen by pressing the power button and then out of no where the screen is completely unresponsive...did someone have here a problem similar and wuts the fix? Thank you!
    After you press the power button and the screen in unresponsive, try swiping up from the bottom of the screen as if the lock screen was still on... I'm still working on fixing this.
  2.    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Zinge have you looked into apps like tweed that run the in the background without at notification in the dashboard? Don't get me wrong here I'm only trying to offer what little help I can in accomplishing it. I'm assuming both you and some or all of the users would prefer it. If you haven't I wonder if they would be willing to share how they run in the background without a notification in the dashboard.
    Short version: I know how they are doing it and it won't work for my app. For the longer explanation, see previous posts- JerryG explained this a few pages ago.
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with Classic and Brightness Unlinked?

    Classic frequently locked up until I uninstalled Brightness, after the uninstall, no more lock ups.
    I don't have Classic so I don't know... but uninstalling my app is no different then just closing my app. Once the app is closed (and not in the dashboard) it does nothing at all to affect the system, so it can't interfere with classic in any way if it isn't open.
  4. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #464  
    @zinge - Hi. A belated welcome back. Did you get a chance to look at the program flow I sent you in a PM? (or, did you get the PM?)

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Short version: I know how they are doing it and it won't work for my app. For the longer explanation, see previous posts- JerryG explained this a few pages ago.
    Short answer is sufficient. I figured if you guys hadn't looked into the other apps that are running without a card and dashboard active I'd do some looking into my self. I've been following the thread for the last half of the thread, about 250 posts (at the time of posting this reply), so I must have missed some of these discussions.
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @zinge - Hi. A belated welcome back. Did you get a chance to look at the program flow I sent you in a PM? (or, did you get the PM?)

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Thank you, yes, yes, and responding now. :-)
  7. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #467  
    Another observation:

    If I go a few days between restarting my pre, that is when I have the most wake up problems on the TS. When I restart the pre just before putting on the TS, she sleeps like a baby.

    I've tried it a couple times now. Saturday night had been like 3 days since i restarted it. Woke up at least 3-4 times. Sunday night, i did the 3 finger restart, then started BU and put in on the TS. She slept great. That probably leaves more questions than answers.

    Maybe it's in my head. Does this match up with you all?
  8. #468  
    i dont know y but everytime i start BU and leave it running and turn off the screen when on the touchstone and i get a message or w.e and i turn it on...it freezes like crazy...then when i supposedly swipe my finger up to "supposedly" unlock it which mostly many ppl have been doing yeah the screen is responsive but then applications tend to go crazy and do stuff i dont want it for example...i get an email and i try to scroll down...instead of scrolling down it zooms in and doesnt do anything else...i close BU and set the screen to how it was...open the email app again and its all fine
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  9.    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    Another observation:

    If I go a few days between restarting my pre, that is when I have the most wake up problems on the TS. When I restart the pre just before putting on the TS, she sleeps like a baby.

    I've tried it a couple times now. Saturday night had been like 3 days since i restarted it. Woke up at least 3-4 times. Sunday night, i did the 3 finger restart, then started BU and put in on the TS. She slept great. That probably leaves more questions than answers.

    Maybe it's in my head. Does this match up with you all?
    Not sure... Honestly, I don't use the "Off when on touchstone" because my alarm clock display backlight broke, so I use my pre as a clock when I sleep.

    I'm pretty sure the waking up in the middle of the night thing is a touchstone/palm issue, and not a brightness unlinked issue, fyi. I would still like to fix it though. I've attached the debug version. It *should* update the "Brightness Unlinked" title bar everytime a display event comes in. If its working (I left my phone at home by accident this morning, and most of the code I'm checking doesn't do anything on the emulator), write down the event that is visible when the phone wakes up at night (if you touch the screen or pull it off the ts, it will change the event, so make sure to write down what is visible before you do anything else). Try this for a couple days and let me know what the events are. Anyone else having this problem, please do the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont know y but everytime i start BU and leave it running and turn off the screen when on the touchstone and i get a message or w.e and i turn it on...it freezes like crazy...then when i supposedly swipe my finger up to "supposedly" unlock it which mostly many ppl have been doing yeah the screen is responsive but then applications tend to go crazy and do stuff i dont want it for example...i get an email and i try to scroll down...instead of scrolling down it zooms in and doesnt do anything else...i close BU and set the screen to how it was...open the email app again and its all fine
    Yeah, it does that sometimes. Still don't know why. Still related to turning off the screen. Still working on it :-)
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Yeah, it does that sometimes. Still don't know why. Still related to turning off the screen. Still working on it :-)
    i love using BU and it just sucks that i cant use my second favorite feature in turning off the screen when on touchstone...but thats for working on it
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  12. #472  
    I love this and couldn't play online at night without it. It would wake my wife.

    THank you so much its great!
  13. #473  
    I downloaded BU yesterday via file coaster and have since uninstalled it via the launcher.
    Upon removal of this app my phone no longer has any keyboard back lighting..
    -Please suggest
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by dk0r View Post
    I downloaded BU yesterday via file coaster and have since uninstalled it via the launcher.
    Upon removal of this app my phone no longer has any keyboard back lighting..
    -Please suggest
    I just replied to your PM. Your keyboard still has a backlight, its just too low to see. Use the Screen & Lock app to adjust your brightness; it will bring the keyboard backlight back up to a visible level.
  15. #475  
    hey zinge...so how's it going with the retardedness i was experiencing?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey zinge...so how's it going with the retardedness i was experiencing?
    I can't figure out a better way to turn off the screen. Everything is going crazy because the screen itself turns off but the system doesn't recognize it as "displayOff". Know any other apps that turn the screen off? (Besides MyTether; he has a custom service running)
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I can't figure out a better way to turn off the screen. Everything is going crazy because the screen itself turns off but the system doesn't recognize it as "displayOff". Know any other apps that turn the screen off? (Besides MyTether; he has a custom service running)
    but does it have to do with 1.2(.1) bc this never happened b4 that i remember and i dont know any other app that does this...just urs when it used to work b4 1.2
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18.    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    but does it have to do with 1.2(.1) bc this never happened b4 that i remember and i dont know any other app that does this...just urs when it used to work b4 1.2
    Not that I know of. It was happening for other people before 1.2 or 1.2.1, so I don't think that's the culprit.
  19. #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Not that I know of. It was happening for other people before 1.2 or 1.2.1, so I don't think that's the culprit.
    thats weird! for me it just started after 1.2...then i dont know *** lol
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  20. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Not sure... Honestly, I don't use the "Off when on touchstone" because my alarm clock display backlight broke, so I use my pre as a clock when I sleep.

    I'm pretty sure the waking up in the middle of the night thing is a touchstone/palm issue, and not a brightness unlinked issue, fyi. I would still like to fix it though. I've attached the debug version. It *should* update the "Brightness Unlinked" title bar everytime a display event comes in. If its working (I left my phone at home by accident this morning, and most of the code I'm checking doesn't do anything on the emulator), write down the event that is visible when the phone wakes up at night (if you touch the screen or pull it off the ts, it will change the event, so make sure to write down what is visible before you do anything else). Try this for a couple days and let me know what the events are. Anyone else having this problem, please do the same.
    OK. When I put the pre on the TS, it says 'unblockeddisplay'. wait 30 seconds and the display shuts off. Now it woke up by itself a few times. At least 2 times it said unblockeddisplay' when it was awake. Only it never goes back to sleep on its own, i always have to hit the power button. One time i swear it said 'displayON' but i was trying to wipe the sleep from my eyes now my memory is fuzzy.

    BTW, the charge icon never goes away. So even if it is waking up because the TS stopped charging, the phone still shows that it is charging. So it should be like taking off and putting it back on the ts. And BU should force sleep after 30 seconds, but it doesn't. it seems to work properly if i pull on and off the ts but when all this happens it doesn't go back to sleep unless i hit the power button.

    Hope that helps. i can continue to try it and note if it does anything differently.

    Thanks zinge

Posting Permissions